United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-06-2022, 09:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He must have been one of those idiots throwing tantrums when we hadn’t signed anyone after a couple of days of the transfer window being open. IIRC, he wanted us to sign Calvin-Philips. Those of us who know what we’re talking about were camped up in this thread.

De Jong

Phillips Jesus ...

Unread 27-06-2022, 10:13 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Calvin-Philips.
Dominic Calvin-Phillips?

Unread 28-06-2022, 08:26 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Phillips Jesus ...
Phillips who has just signed for Man City?

Yeah, I would have been down for that.

Not over De Jong, though...

Unread 28-06-2022, 10:29 AM
Bunker Buster

Here we go .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
65m + add one, done deal...

welkom to Manchester....
Well, well, well, sources impeccable...

Unread 28-06-2022, 10:35 AM
est.1878

We're going full Dutch

Unread 28-06-2022, 10:42 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
We're going full Dutch
I once wrote a (very long) & rambling post on here asking people what their preferred football philosophy is & what they hoped to see from a Utd side in their lifetime.

Mine was a modern interpretation of total football from the Cryuff school of thought on the game, but updated to accommodate the changes in the past 40-50 years, speed & power of the game etc - but the emphasis was & always should be about technique & speed of thought & being fleet of foot.

Not just 6' 4" lummox's @#%&!ting people about like a peak Mourinho side used to do.

I'm giddy

Unread 28-06-2022, 10:48 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I once wrote a (very long) & rambling post on here asking people what their preferred football philosophy is & what they hoped to see from a Utd side in their lifetime.

Mine was a modern interpretation of total football from the Cryuff school of thought on the game, but updated to accommodate the changes in the past 40-50 years, speed & power of the game etc - but the emphasis was & always should be about technique & speed of thought & being fleet of foot.

Not just 6' 4" lummox's @#%&!ting people about like a peak Mourinho side used to do.

I'm giddy
Please link...

I get giddy and I guess it's mainly from nostalgic view from afar of what happened at barca in the 90s and its legacy there after. Have moments of sobriety tho when I recall getting giddy about jordi cryuff, and being so turd which iive never really got over

Unread 28-06-2022, 11:24 AM
Selhurst Samurai

65 millions Euros, so about £55m.

That’s a cracking deal tbf.

Unread 28-06-2022, 11:26 AM
Dasilvatwins

Finally! …now onto the next one

Unread 28-06-2022, 11:32 AM
Stickman

for those who have watched a lot of him…

Nail your colours to the mast now

How good is he?

Unread 28-06-2022, 11:38 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

How good is he?
He’s the only midfielder I’d have had over Rice. Different players but De Jong can dictate from deep if needed whilst having more to attacking/creative game than anything in Rice’s locker. I think he’s brilliant and reckon we’ll get the best out of him under Erik.

Unread 28-06-2022, 11:46 AM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
He’s the only midfielder I’d have had over Rice. Different players but De Jong can dictate from deep if needed whilst having more to attacking/creative game than anything in Rice’s locker. I think he’s brilliant and reckon we’ll get the best out of him under Erik.

Unread 28-06-2022, 11:48 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

How good is he?
Best midfielder in europe imo.

Unread 28-06-2022, 11:50 AM
Joe Biden

When you think West ham want 100m for poundland Roy Keane.

Cracking deal.

Onto the next one......

Unread 28-06-2022, 12:00 PM
saffers

Unread 28-06-2022, 12:01 PM
Joe Biden

Thanks Patrick.

Unread 28-06-2022, 12:03 PM
Lok

THE Patrick Berger? It's on like Donkey Kong.

Unread 28-06-2022, 12:04 PM
AK14

Simon stone sayings it’s not quite done yet and still plenty of work for us to do…

Silly little gimp.

Unread 28-06-2022, 12:07 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Please link...

I get giddy and I guess it's mainly from nostalgic view from afar of what happened at barca in the 90s and its legacy there after. Have moments of sobriety tho when I recall getting giddy about jordi cryuff, and being so turd which iive never really got over
£#%&! knows where it is, I found one thread from 2009 or so that asks about your philosophy but really was just an excuse to talk about how much I liked watching Riquelme play

Jordi

Unread 28-06-2022, 12:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
£#%&! knows where it is, I found one thread from 2009 or so that asks about your philosophy but really was just an excuse to talk about how much I liked watching Riquelme play

Jordi
I remember some slight conversations on the Dutch philosophy on here mate

Been down some crazy rabbit holes in my time...

Found some Ajax youth coaching manuals once, a pdf hundreds of pages, used to read it on night shifts....

It's probably why my under 9's are top of the league

Closed Thread