United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-08-2022, 01:21 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

I don’t even think he is worth this hassle.

van de beek mk2 IMO.

was a mainstay that terrible Barca team last season. Also he doesn’t do much dirty work or cover a lot of ground.
Wrong sort of player you’re thinking about. He’s intelligent & takes care - it sounds so simple but so many over complicate that role. He breaks the press with ease, he dictates rhythm & he’s a tough little @#%&! who has the technique & mentality to shine here.

I think he’s honestly the best player we could possibly buy in world football for what we need.

Unread 02-08-2022, 07:55 AM
puressence

Even if this brought saffers back to end this nonsense id be happy

Unread 02-08-2022, 10:13 AM
AK14

Unread 02-08-2022, 10:24 AM
believe

Was probably Robbo

Unread 02-08-2022, 10:46 AM
dunk

My preference is to live in Chateaux in the South of France, can’t really commute to work from there though

Unread 02-08-2022, 10:48 AM
Jethro

Neville itk now? This window has broken United fans brains.

Unread 02-08-2022, 10:53 AM
AK14

Hates Twitter links does jethro, absolutely £#%&!ing hates them.

Unread 02-08-2022, 11:12 AM
Joe Biden

Looks like it Chelsea. I doubt United are bothered they've had a lot of clicks and likes out of this saga, the social media interaction has been on point.

Unread 02-08-2022, 11:14 AM
utd99

I find it genuinely hard to believe that ten Hag would push the club to pursue a former player of his that doesn’t want to come. Even if they didn’t have the best relationship at Ajax - a possibility - you’d think he’d have enough channels to gauge the player’s intent. Even if you can manipulate them into it, the wrong mentality is half the battle lost before you even start. I really want to give this bloke the benefit of the doubt.

Unread 02-08-2022, 11:15 AM
Mr_Ed

Every summer. Ever bloody summer. Big name, hints dropped and then a complete dog’s dinner is made of the situation.

Wonder if there is actually a plan b because, if Fred or The Scottish Player gets injured we’ll be even shorter of options unless the new fella shifts forward.

Unread 02-08-2022, 11:17 AM
rustling jimmies

Another summer and another bloody good look at a player.

Unread 02-08-2022, 11:18 AM
Joe Biden

That's the weirdest part of all this shite. Maybe FDJ doesn't fancy it because he doesn't think that highly of Hag. It seems unlikely after the team they built but something isn't right in all of this.

Unread 02-08-2022, 11:21 AM
Medlock

Should just buy James Maddison I reckon

Unread 02-08-2022, 11:24 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I find it genuinely hard to believe that ten Hag would push the club to pursue a former player of his that doesn’t want to come. Even if they didn’t have the best relationship at Ajax - a possibility - you’d think he’d have enough channels to gauge the player’s intent. Even if you can manipulate them into it, the wrong mentality is half the battle lost before you even start. I really want to give this bloke the benefit of the doubt.
Its obvious De Jong is a scheming little @#%&! and has played ETH, sold him a pup

Unread 02-08-2022, 11:25 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
That's the weirdest part of all this shite. Maybe FDJ doesn't fancy it because he doesn't think that highly of Hag. It seems unlikely after the team they built but something isn't right in all of this.
Perhaps players think united is a bit of a shit show and we might need to prove that we’re not? Which will be difficult because we are.

Doesn’t help when Ronaldo is almost completely open about wanting to leave the club - or at least does nothing to quash the rumours that he does.

Good signings if not a little meh so far but openly chasing this unrequited love option isn’t a good look at all.

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:18 PM
Sandman

He probably got told by someone who saw a tweet from the Barca media, the never ending loop of bullshit.

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:19 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He does the job fred has been doing preseason. He's way better at carrying the ball forward. He's not a brilliant passer but has better distribution than fred or any of our current first team midfielders. He's not Scholes or Keane or Carrick. He's a water carrier. But I don't think that's an insult.
De Jong a water carrier and not as good as carrick

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:21 PM
tatty

If he isn’t committed, and who knows but it doesn’t seen he is, then we’re setting ourselves up for another disillusioned player in the future.

Move on and buy someone who does want to play for the club.

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:35 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
De Jong a water carrier and not as good as carrick
I didn't say he wasn't as good as Carrick, dumbo.

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:35 PM
Bobda

Nail in the coffin for me this, officially moving from team ON to OFF.

When rent-a-gob Gary Neville of all people is bored of talk and tries to end speculation, it's time to call it a day.
Closed Thread