United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-04-2022, 09:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
You and I both said no better than Smalling. Got laughed at. It’s true though.
Smalling is miles better. Still.

Unread 19-04-2022, 09:42 PM
Dr Stranger

By the way, I don’t buy that ‘bigger than football’ 7 minute applause either. Very easy to do when he’s on the decline and we’re not a threat . Not a chance they do that if we’re neck and neck in a title race. A transparent Pat on the head to satisfy their weird obsession with grief and to once again make something all about them and their ‘class’.

Unread 19-04-2022, 09:47 PM
Hitch22

crazy to think Ole led some of us to believe this was a "good bunch of lads"

but give some credit, he also somehow managed to 2nd with this lot?

football is a weird sport.

Unread 19-04-2022, 09:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch22
crazy to think Ole led some of us to believe this was a "good bunch of lads"

but give some credit, he also somehow managed to 2nd with this lot?

football is a weird sport.
In a non-season with no fans. The longer we’re out of it, the more ridiculous covid football looks. It was an anomaly. A fluke, backed up by that ridiculous unbeaten away record.

Unread 19-04-2022, 09:54 PM
Blomq15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
By the way, I don’t buy that ‘bigger than football’ 7 minute applause either. Very easy to do when he’s on the decline and we’re not a threat . Not a chance they do that if we’re neck and neck in a title race. A transparent Pat on the head to satisfy their weird obsession with grief and to once again make something all about them and their ‘class’.
They are grief merchants. The cult of Liverpool is an odd one.

Unread 19-04-2022, 10:07 PM
Hitch22

the funny thing is i've actually heard some top reds echo the same thoughts

The Glazer's might be the worst owners in the history of football.

Unread 19-04-2022, 10:16 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:

https://twitter.com/UtdDistrict/stat...34192854740996
Cant be too critical of them for saddling a club with three quarters of a billion quid’s worth of debt, contributing nothing, leaching out an additional few hundred million for their own personal wealth and occasionally allowing the club to use some of its own generated revenue to sign football players.

Souness really is a deranged old bastard. He should have just been a discarded Kleenex.

Unread 19-04-2022, 10:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

https://twitter.com/UtdDistrict/stat...34192854740996
Some stiff competition for that one, even if you limit it to the "biggest clubs".

But yeah, they are up there.

Unread 19-04-2022, 10:18 PM
atticusgrinch

Did we win?

We didn't win did we?

Unread 19-04-2022, 10:21 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Did we win?

We didn't win did we?
It was close tho pal. Worth a watch if you haven’t yet

Unread 19-04-2022, 10:48 PM
guerreiro

Cracking start to the morning. Watch the football, get a $300 dollar fine for jibbing the train and now about to start day one of a new job. fml

Unread 19-04-2022, 11:26 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Did we win?

We didn't win did we?
We improved on the result from the last time we played them, so that’s something.

What really gets my goat is, as good as the vermin are, there’s not another team in the league who make it so easy for them as us.

They’ve ripped other teams to bits too, but with us it’s like they don’t even have to get out of second gear to do it.

We’ve gone from Ferdinand & Vidic to Panic & Cowardice.

Unread 19-04-2022, 11:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Cracking start to the morning. Watch the football, get a $300 dollar fine for jibbing the train and now about to start day one of a new job. fml
Didn't see a second of it, the missus is in hospital only saw the score on the way home and now Fred is closing. Absolute Maguire of a day. Nice knowing ya lads.

Unread 19-04-2022, 11:31 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Didn't see a second of it, the missus is in hospital only saw the score on the way home and now Fred is closing. Absolute Maguire of a day. Nice knowing ya lads.
Hope the missus is okay mate. At least she spared you having to watch that charade.

Unread 20-04-2022, 03:03 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Started watching this morning, gave up after first goal. Straight to result. My only hope was how many goals we could limit them to. Four isn't too bad considering how none of our players give a £#%&!.

Unread 20-04-2022, 07:05 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Started watching this morning, gave up after first goal. Straight to result. My only hope was how many goals we could limit them to. Four isn't too bad considering how none of our players give a £#%&!.
Trust me, Liverpool stopped giving a £#%&! for a big chunk of the game. The “15 mins” United had in the second half was all because the scousers couldn’t be arsed . If they wanted to get 5 or 6 they could have done so easy

Unread 20-04-2022, 07:08 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Trust me, Liverpool stopped giving a £#%&! for a big chunk of the game. The “15 mins” United had in the second half was all because the scousers couldn’t be arsed . If they wanted to get 5 or 6 they could have done so easy
The formation change surprised them. The defence that had done nothing for all of the first half were caught out and if we had anything about ourselves we would have scored and made the game hard for them.

They adjusted, hit us on the break and resumed normal service.

Unread 20-04-2022, 07:16 AM
believe

Why I watched that for 90 odd minutes after reading this I'll never know. I guess I needed confirmation that it really was as bad as it was and it was.

They should be ashamed of themselves but I doubt they give a flying £#%&! tbh. If they told me I'd never see a game of football again after today I doubt I'd bad an eyelid.

Unread 20-04-2022, 07:22 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Good luck on the new job.

Aren’t you in the entertainment biz? Can you tell us who makes cameos in Doctor Strange please?

Still can’t get over last night. It’s clear as day now how bad we are.

Incredible we could still get 4th

Unread 20-04-2022, 07:50 AM
puressence

Quote:
£#%&! me 300 dollars. Where you holding it up.