Unread 10-02-2021, 01:53 PM
ScarFace

Default The UFC 2021

Francis Ngannou on JRE...

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6h2...Sn5mHlA&n d=1

Unread 10-02-2021, 02:39 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Could be a historic year where we see an undisputed GOAT crowned, if Jonny Bones Jones secures the Heavyweight crown.

Looking forward to more Adesanya and Khamzat fights, and I think both will become the superstars of the UFC in 2021.

Usman vs Covington II has to happen hopefully. I think Usman wins again, but will be another great fight.

Who knows, the mad RAT! might even come out of his pathetic retirement, too.

Unread 10-02-2021, 03:41 PM
ScarFace

Jones lookin thiccc. Hopefully he nukes the heavyweights.

Unread 10-02-2021, 03:59 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Jones lookin thiccc. Hopefully he nukes the heavyweights.
Really? Would love to see him get sparked clean out

Unread 10-02-2021, 04:03 PM
silv

Anyone see Overeem get KO’d

Volkov has put on some proper weight

Unread 10-02-2021, 04:06 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Anyone see Overeem get KO’d

Volkov has put on some proper weight
Awful fight

I know overeem is 40, but Christ, it wasn’t exactly a technical tour de force

Unread 10-02-2021, 04:07 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Awful fight

I know overeem is 40, but Christ, it wasn’t exactly a technical tour de force
Piston punches from Volkov mind

Unread 10-02-2021, 04:26 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Really? Would love to see him get sparked clean out
Oh i like him plus need the heavyweight division to not be full of old sluggers

Unread 11-02-2021, 10:35 AM
shenwen

Francis on Rogan's podcast. Takes about two hours on his journey from Cameroon to France. Some story tbf. Living in the forest

originally planned to get to UK and box, but had no chance of getting a visa.

brought me to this, which I've never seen before. Tyson is great. So philosophical.

Unread 17-02-2021, 07:03 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

In just 1 minute the world gets confirmation on why the Mad Rat! will never, ever be in the conversation when it comes to the GOATs.

He expects a 40 year old, retired GSP to drop two weight classes down to a malnourished 155lbs Lightweight, whilst admitting that he himself walks around at 180lbs, yet isn't prepared to fight at 170lbs.

Unread 17-02-2021, 07:06 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
In just 1 minute the world gets confirmation on why the Mad Rat! will never, ever be in the conversation when it comes to the GOATs.

He expects a 40 year old, retired GSP to drop two weight classes down to a malnourished 155lbs Lightweight, whilst admitting that he himself walks around at 180lbs, yet isn't prepared to fight at 170lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mSLi35Iw74
not even in the top 10 all time. The most boring c*** in fighting.

Unread 17-02-2021, 07:46 PM
Why Don?

Fingers crossed Jones gets smashed to bits at heavy. A despicable human being.

Scared of Israel so moved up. Hopefully Israel dominates light heavy and moves up to heavy...I know he probably couldn’t do it

Triple champ would be insane

Unread 18-02-2021, 02:22 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mSLi35Iw74
Meanwhile, Israel goes up to light heavy. No fear

Kamaru taking scalps as well. Already level with Khabib at 13-0 but doesn't get enough credit as a P4P contender. f*** it, let's see Kamaru v GSP. Could be a great fight.

Just noticed that in just over a month, it's possible that the champions of the top four weight classes will all be African.

Unread 18-02-2021, 11:03 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
Fingers crossed Jones gets smashed to bits at heavy. A despicable human being.

Scared of Israel so moved up. Hopefully Israel dominates light heavy and moves up to heavy...I know he probably couldn’t do it

Triple champ would be insane
I don't think anyone can claim Jones is scared of a Middleweight if he's willing to step up to Heavyweight with no tune-up fights and go straight in with Stipe or Ngannou.

I think Adesanya is amazing, but he's been more responsible for avoiding the Jones fight than anyone else. He's only stepped up to Light Heavy as soon as Jones has exited the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Kamaru taking scalps as well. Already level with Khabib at 13-0 but doesn't get enough credit as a P4P contender. f*** it, let's see Kamaru v GSP. Could be a great fight.

Just noticed that in just over a month, it's possible that the champions of the top four weight classes will all be African.
Usman is probably P4P #1 now given his record, the level of fighter he's beaten, and the manner of those wins. Totally outclassed Woodley and Masvidal, in addition to brutal stoppages of Covington and Burns.

I don't think GSP comes back at the moment for Usman, but if Usman keeps going, and builds up enough noise, then that super fight could be more appealing to lure GSP back.

Ngannou is a weird one. The first fight against Stipe was so one-sided it's hard to see a different outcome in the re-match IMO. If Jones wins the Heavyweight title from Stipe then the debate around the all-time GOAT is well and truly over.

Unread 20-02-2021, 01:21 PM
Bobda

Quote:
RAFAEL ALVES missed weight by almost a FULL STONE - breaking the UFC record as he tipped the scales 11.5lb over the featherweight limit.

The Brazilian was due to face Pat Sabatini on Saturday night but the bout was scrapped following the disastrous weigh in.

Unread 20-02-2021, 01:23 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobda
i don't get that.

there's more to it than just that quote.

when we've been preparing lads to fight you weigh them every day, before and after training - how was that not spotted weeks before?

it's nonsense.

Unread 20-02-2021, 01:30 PM
ScarFace

Usually they get ill due to cutting early on and then just give up. I think they have to weigh in regardless?

Also he's South American so will have had a career on drugs until now.

Unread 20-02-2021, 01:33 PM
Bobda

A dodgy Salmon forced him to rehydrate apparently.

Unread 20-02-2021, 04:10 PM
elhombre

Quote:
He looked in pretty good shape at the weigh in.

Solid physique.

Unread 20-02-2021, 05:12 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Bit of a leap needed to believe that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I don't think anyone can claim Jones is scared of a Middleweight if he's willing to step up to Heavyweight with no tune-up fights and go straight in with Stipe or Ngannou.

I think Adesanya is amazing, but he's been more responsible for avoiding the Jones fight than anyone else. He's only stepped up to Light Heavy as soon as Jones has exited the division.

Usman is probably P4P #1 now given his record, the level of fighter he's beaten, and the manner of those wins. Totally outclassed Woodley and Masvidal, in addition to brutal stoppages of Covington and Burns.

I don't think GSP comes back at the moment for Usman, but if Usman keeps going, and builds up enough noise, then that super fight could be more appealing to lure GSP back.

Ngannou is a weird one. The first fight against Stipe was so one-sided it's hard to see a different outcome in the re-match IMO. If Jones wins the Heavyweight title from Stipe then the debate around the all-time GOAT is well and truly over.
Scared as in scared of being technically humiliated, not getting brutalised.
Closed Thread