United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Default Biggest signing of the summer?

Who do you think will be the biggest signing of the summer, everywhere?

I reckon Aguero will go for big money, and i think this will be the season that Steven Gerrard finally moves on. I would have said Lampard too but i can't really see it now.

Oh and David Villa is a cert to move. Can you see him coming to the premiership though? I think he'll go to Madrid, along with Ribery.

Unread 10-05-2010, 02:13 AM
Sandman

Default Re: Biggest signing of the summer?

Torres.

Unread 10-05-2010, 03:14 AM
Stickman

Aguero to Chelsea will be the biggest over here I reckon.

Gerrard wont go anywhere. Torres - Inter

Unread 10-05-2010, 03:38 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

I think the opposite. I think the reason Gerrard has stayed all these years is because he was mr liverpool, everyone loved him. The fans don't care about him so much this season, all they care about is Torres. Torres will be the one now who stays for 2-3 seasons, whilst Gerrard will slink off unnoticed to either Milan, Inter or Man City.

Unread 10-05-2010, 03:55 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I think the opposite. I think the reason Gerrard has stayed all these years is because he was mr liverpool, everyone loved him. The fans don't care about him so much this season, all they care about is Torres. Torres will be the one now who stays for 2-3 seasons, whilst Gerrard will slink off unnoticed to either Milan, Inter or Man City.
I reckon Gerrard may fancy a move. He's had a pretty shit time of it on and of the field the last couple of seasons and with more disappointment to come in the world cup, he may feel that it's time for a change. Not sure about Torres really, I can see him £#%&!ing off too. I suppose they'll both wait and see what happens with the managers job before they do.

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:13 AM
Stickman

There's no way in hell Gerrard will join City. Sooner join us imo

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:26 AM
borsuk

mourinho

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:12 AM
waynes ear's

hargreaves to united

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:23 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Who do you think will be the biggest signing of the summer, everywhere?

I reckon Aguero will go for big money, and i think this will be the season that Steven Gerrard finally moves on. I would have said Lampard too but i can't really see it now.

Oh and David Villa is a cert to move. Can you see him coming to the premiership though? I think he'll go to Madrid, along with Ribery.
Villa is not a cert to move at all, word is that Valencia have secured funding enough for next season that they wont need to sell anyone to balance the books and so are only likely to sell him if he asks to be sold or if they get a stupidly large bid for him.

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Villa is not a cert to move at all, word is that Valencia have secured funding enough for next season that they wont need to sell anyone to balance the books and so are only likely to sell him if he asks to be sold or if they get a stupidly large bid for him.
The funding might keep Silva there (if they're lucky) but it wont keep Villa. With every year he stays they lose £10m on his transfer fee.

He will almost certainly move this summer and it will almost certainly be to Barca for around £50m.

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Switching Off

Carrick to Newcastle. 50,000 Geordies will be out to welcome him, cant get much bigger than that.

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Carrick to Newcastle. 50,000 Geordies will be out to welcome him, cant get much bigger than that.
If they give us £10m for him, I'll be outside their ground with my top off celebrating with them!

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:46 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
All with the same gormless look as carricks on their kites

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:58 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The funding might keep Silva there (if they're lucky) but it wont keep Villa. With every year he stays they lose £10m on his transfer fee.

He will almost certainly move this summer and it will almost certainly be to Barca for around £50m.
I think 50million would be a silly enough price tag for them to sell, his agent was making Premiership overtones earlier in the season but I can't see anyone here paying that sort of cash for a player who turns 29 this year. If Valencia do sell him it will be on their terms unless the player agitates for a move.

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Lok

Quote:
I think 50million would be a silly enough price tag for them to sell, his agent was making Premiership overtones earlier in the season but I can't see anyone here paying that sort of cash for a player who turns 29 this year. If Valencia do sell him it will be on their terms unless the player agitates for a move.
City would probably pay double that. But like most players he'll probably just laugh at them.

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:05 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
City would probably pay double that. But like most players he'll probably just laugh at them.
Its funny how now they haven't finished forth you forget about the noisy neighbours, thay hadn't even crossed my mind when talking about David Villa.

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Lok

Quote:
Its funny how now they haven't finished forth you forget about the noisy neighbours, thay hadn't even crossed my mind when talking about David Villa.
City not finishing 4th is really going to set them back. Most of the players they'll be looking to attract will want to play in the champions league. Spurs have always spent decent money and if they use the cl money wisely, they could secure 4th again easily next year and for the immediate future. A couple of years outside of the top 4 and hopefully the Abu Dhabi lot will get bored.

The dippers have the same problem. No quality footballer is going to join them. No champions league football, penniless and Liverpool wouldn't be your first choice as a place to live.

City and the dippers will have to get used to thursday nights on channel 5!

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:23 AM
safingtons

Aguero will be the best signing I feel, for whoever gets him. I don't think Chelsea would suit him but he's good enough to overcome that and it would be quite bad news for us if he did end up there. Usually not too arsed who the rivals sign but this one would be a bit of a blow especially as we're the ones who've finished 2nd place this time.

Abrahamovic has really toned down the spending since 2006 though, you almost forget Chelsea have got this Russian billionaire for a bit. THey could go amok at any moment and looking at the age of most of their squad they really need it. Lets hope Roman continues to be tight though.

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:34 AM
suedeshoes

Torres to Barca. Big Zlat to Blackburn.

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Pop

Even the biggest signing won't compare to City's massive signing.
Closed Thread