United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2022, 06:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s all £#%&!ing stupid.

The game he was watching was mens football. It’s a ‘man’s game means it’s not for boys, you’ve got to be tough and ready. £#%&! all to do with slighting women or the woman’s game. They’re shoehorning something it a conversation that doesn’t belong or need to be there in this instance.

Souness is a pick though.

They can £#%&! off with this ‘ended the 59 year wait for an International trophy’ £#%&!ing shite too. It’s not helpful or remotely accurate.

I patiently await a woman winning the ‘player of the match’ in the men’s English Premier League in order to justify that changing too.
It’s annoying and entirely disingenuous. I don’t remember the female Stuart Pearce skying a penalty in Italia 90, or a petulant kick out costing England’s women in 1998.

We’ve been waiting a few weeks for the first women’s trophy, if at all.

Ultimately, it’s patronising to the women’s game.

I think Souness was having a sly dig at all that in a very stupid and insulting way.

Unread 15-08-2022, 10:53 PM
armchair

Quote:
Later in a statement released through Sky, Souness said: "To clarify my comments from yesterday, I was referring to the two Premier League matches I watched live on Sunday afternoon, rather than the sport of football.

"Football is a game for everyone to enjoy."
Checkmate, bitches.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:18 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think Souness was having a sly dig at all that in a very stupid and insulting way.
You credit him with more intelligence than he has. But people making a meal of this should go and find something more useful to do with their lives.

Unread 16-08-2022, 04:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
You credit him with more intelligence than he has. But people making a meal of this should go and find something more useful to do with their lives.
Nothing intelligent about it mate.

Unread 16-08-2022, 08:59 AM
Seamus

Souness did nothing wrong, he told it how he saw it. I cant be arsed with all this women's football, I have zero interest but there is an agenda to shove it down our throats. Every women's professional football club in the country runs at a loss, season tickets for united's women team are 39 quid, yet they want parity with the men's game but its an inferior product.

Unread 16-08-2022, 09:12 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Souness did nothing wrong, he told it how he saw it. I cant be arsed with all this women's football, I have zero interest but there is an agenda to shove it down our throats. Every women's professional football club in the country runs at a loss, season tickets for united's women team are 39 quid, yet they want parity with the men's game but its an inferior product.
Did you see the 1st half against Brentford pal?

Think my youngest’s under 13’s would have done better.

Unread 16-08-2022, 09:53 AM
marlo

personally I think woman should stay out of mens football and mens should do the same for equality and all that,

its like when we have female pundits its ridiculous.
the women play an inferior game, its like having a Sunday league footballer in the studio. he plays at a much lower level so has no business being in the studio with souness, roy Keane etc.

women football makes no money, is mostly followed by people looking to virtue signal and doesn't have a core fan base big enough for all the coverage it gets.

sky sports now don't even differentiate when announcing news regarding woman football teams
"man united striker signed new 4 year contract" on the yellow ticker... bfs

Unread 16-08-2022, 10:25 AM
Pop

They spoil everything so may as well football too.
Closed Thread