United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:34 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Ronaldo is the brightest sweetcorn in the United turd.

As if other strikers would have filled the goals he scored last season for us.

We knew what we were getting. You don't get Kelly Brook for the night and ask her to do the ironing.

If one of the richest clubs in the world can't find a way to get chances to him....it's on us.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:34 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Well there would, in theory, be an extra forward defending from the front and potentially offering an outlet, neither of which Ronaldo does and definitely isn’t likely to do while he skulks about with his woe is me act.
Dunk, I genuinely value your opinion and you were bang on in regards to De Gea, where I and many others were blinded by some of his wonderful reaction saves over the years. HOWEVER, we could have prime fat Ronaldo up top and I reckon he’d look a hollow shell of himself within a fortnight of being here.

Our midfield simply must change; everything else is irrelevant right now.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:36 AM
dunk

I don’t disagree, but if you’ve got someone with Ronaldo’s ego upsetting everything and everybody, it’s never going to get better. If he were in his pomp I’d be all for keeping him, there’s £#%&! all point in making someone who is 38 by the end of the season stay when he’ll be £#%&!ing off for free next summer anyway.

And his wage ffs, 4 top players worth of money right there.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:43 AM
Lok

The wages aren't the most important thing due to the money we make having him associated with the club (bigger sponsorship deals etc...).

He's a problem but far from our biggest.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:45 AM
dunk

Everyone is a problem ‘but far from our biggest’

Any chance every single one of them is contributing hugely to the overall problem?

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:47 AM
Lok

Quote:

Any chance every single one of them is contributing hugely to the overall problem?
True.

But a new team could be built with Ronaldo (for a season).

You wouldn't say the same about the likes of Rashford, The Scottish Player, Shaw, Magure etc...

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

This.

I don’t think Ronaldo was a problem last year, but he wanted to be here and was scoring goals. Now, he wants out. He’s a powerful influence, he wants to go, you let him go. A firing Ronaldo is a weapon. A sulking one is a problem.

If we’re to move forward, we can’t be afraid to let anything about this current United set up go.

We wouldn’t be losing 24 goals. We’d be working on improving a team
that scored 57 league goals.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:52 AM
NedKelly

Personally I think he’s heartbroken at what we’ve become. Rightfully so. Sulk on, King. Don’t stop reminding them that they’re pathetic frauds.

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:56 AM
sweetleftfoot

So he goes and he stands on his own, and he leaves on his own, and he goes home and he cries and he wants to die?

Unread 15-08-2022, 11:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Personally I think he’s heartbroken at what we’ve become. Rightfully so. Sulk on, King. Don’t stop reminding them that they’re pathetic frauds.
You can only imagine how alarmed he must have been coming back. The last thing he knew was Fergie, three league titles in a row and his last game was a CL final.

“Welcome back. Have you met the captain? He’s over there by the beans.”

Unread 15-08-2022, 12:17 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Personally I’m struggling to see how Ronaldo leaving would improve the midfield and defence.
If that tweet was true it's a worry that a player of this stature and will to win football games is causing some of our players to play badly.

None of the players that want him gone would have survived for a week in the United dressing room he had to walk into at 18 years old from overseas.

Whatever happens with Ronaldo, we need to sell any player that is blaming him for any sort of influence on their performances. You'll never win anything with players like that.

Unread 15-08-2022, 12:20 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Personally I’m struggling to see how Ronaldo leaving would improve the midfield and defence.
It wouldn't if they wanted to win. His work ethic is making them look bad.

Unread 15-08-2022, 12:46 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Didn't turn up to pre season after taking 500 grand a week out the club because he didn't want to make the rest of the lads look bad. All makes sense now

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:25 PM
Parlabane

Its a bit late in the day now but United should have let him go the moment he said he wanted out, replaced him with a long term replacement and let ETH concentrate on building / coaching a team for the future.

As it is we have a sulking Ronaldo and the rest of the mard arses in the squad crying to every journalist going.

ETH has to change his tactics / style of play to accommodate CR7 which means we don’t make the progression we would want and it becomes a wasted and painful season treading water or worse

Unread 15-08-2022, 01:29 PM
believe

We can’t even sign the one player we want who seems to be the most “gettable” person in Europe so he hat makes you think we’d be able to find Ronaldo’s long term replacement?

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:42 PM
armchair

I'd prefer Rashford up front at this stage or one of the kids.

Tear up Ronaldo's contract.

Unread 15-08-2022, 05:49 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'd prefer Rashford up front at this stage or one of the kids.

Tear up Ronaldo's contract.
Self sabotage so the glazers sell up, I like your thinking.

Unread 15-08-2022, 08:37 PM
Vedder

Unread 15-08-2022, 09:32 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
That's nice. Hope Ronny is up for moving to Qatar or the US. No club in Europe is shelling out £27 million quid for a season of a 37 year old with no sell-on value, and the Chinese are broke.

Unread 16-08-2022, 11:20 AM
AK14

Closed Thread