United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 05-08-2022, 03:11 PM
AK14

Default Prey- Predator prequel *SPOILERS*

Just finished it and I was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. Not as good as the original two but by far the best of the rest (not such a high bar tbf)

The scene with the bear was cool as f***

Unread 05-08-2022, 03:15 PM
windy waffles

Didn't even know this was out. It's even got a 7.1 on imdb.

Will watch.

Unread 05-08-2022, 03:29 PM
AK14

Its decent, nothing groundbreaking obviously but well worth a watch imo.

Unread 05-08-2022, 03:42 PM
Rorschach

Wasn't aware of this - like many, I'm a big fan of the original but not of anything beyond Predator 2 - but just checked out the Grauniad's Review and it seems worth a punt.

Ta for the heads up. 👊🚁

Unread 05-08-2022, 03:57 PM
Jethro

Not surprised to see a lot of hyperbole but I'm fairly excited for it. Will check in later. Bit of a Predator apologist so I'm sure there will be something.

Unread 06-08-2022, 12:52 AM
ragnorak

Watched it with the fam tonight and we all enjoyed it, I thought they did the combat and especially the question of how will flint arrows hurt the pred really well.

I think I might even prefer it to number 2, controversial I know

Unread 06-08-2022, 01:35 PM
Jethro

That was fairly decent, but it could easily just be a random monster film instead of it trying to squeeze it into Predator canon.

No Silvestri Predator theme

Unread 06-08-2022, 02:54 PM
Poop

Wasn't bad. Certainly a vast improvement on the previous monstrosity in the series. The Predator 2 reference raised a smile.

Unread 06-08-2022, 03:45 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
Wasn't bad. Certainly a vast improvement on the previous monstrosity in the series. The Predator 2 reference raised a smile.
Yeah that was nicely done. The bleed line however was not.

Unread 07-08-2022, 01:19 AM
Sparky***

Its caused quite a stir on social media.

I thought it was alright, certainly better than any of the alien v predator abominations and the last predator film which was utter garbage.

Obviously you have to suspend your disbelief that a 7 foot tall alien that killed a grizzly bear with its hands is out fought by a 10 stone teenage girl with a hatchet on a string but whatever.

Its decent enough as a stand-alone film.

Unread 07-08-2022, 01:32 AM
ragnorak

Thinking about it more, I assume they would say this is a young predator on his rite of passage. He worked his way up the food chain so maybe was still learning, seemed bloody good with the shield against bullets though. I did enjoy it, I thought the lead was good, some clunky dialogue but that was writing rather than her. I did also think the brother was ace.

Unread 10-08-2022, 06:09 PM
Poop

I must have missed something, at the end how did Naru (would) set the Predators mask to activate and fire at him?

Unread 10-08-2022, 06:13 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
I must have missed something, at the end how did Naru (would) set the Predators mask to activate and fire at him?
She noticed it fired in one of the earlier fights when it was knocked off by her brother, then she twigged the weapon only fires when the predator pulls the trigger as his spear retracted. She set the bait in the mud and set the mask to aim where hed be knowing / hoping it would be & pull the trigger. Was smart as f***.

Unread 10-08-2022, 06:43 PM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
She noticed it fired in one of the earlier fights when it was knocked off by her brother, then she twigged the weapon only fires when the predator pulls the trigger as his spear retracted. She set the bait in the mud and set the mask to aim where hed be knowing / hoping it would be & pull the trigger. Was smart as f***.