United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 11-01-2022, 11:49 AM
Lok

We're so bad and so far away from where we need to be that it feels impossible we'll get there.

Bringing in new managers - failed
Bringing in expensive new players - failed
Bringing in exciting youngsters from around the world - failed
Director of football - failed

The club are trying all sorts of shit but nothing, absolutely nothing seems to work. It just gets worse.

I can't imagine many of us would be too disgruntled if we literally got rid of every player and coach and just started again. How much worse could it really be?

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:00 PM
Danoli

I don’t think we were as bad last night as some people are making out. It certainly didn’t feel like that watching the game.

We should have been 3 up after 20/25 minutes with more clinical finishing from Rashford and Cavani.

We continue to put ourselves under pressure with some inexplicable mistakes, the imposter Lindelof being one of the chief culprits.

There were positives; Bruno, Dalot, Scotty and Varane. I felt we played much better compared to the Newcastle, Norwich and Wolves matches.

I certainly believe we can beat Villa on Saturday particularly as McGinn will be missing for them.

It’s certainly not great at the moment but I feel we can salvage something from this season. A 3rd round victory in the cup has been the catalyst for this before.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:02 PM
believe

Watched the game earlier and didn’t really see anything I didn’t already know. However, what I did see for the first time is how shit vdb is. There’s a passage of play around 80 minutes where he looks like a lost school boy. Not sure if that’s a product of what’s happened to him at United but he looked like a competition winner being on the pitch for the first time in his life.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:03 PM
dunk

VdB is never making it in a proper league. Just not physically up to it, weak and slow.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:09 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Watched the game earlier and didn’t really see anything I didn’t already know. However, what I did see for the first time is how shit vdb is. There’s a passage of play around 80 minutes where he looks like a lost school boy. Not sure if that’s a product of what’s happened to him at United but he looked like a competition winner being on the pitch for the first time in his life.
He is absolutely useless. He runs around lot and throws himself into people but he's well out of his depth.

People blamed Ole 3 managers in and none of them fancy him at all.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:41 PM
redhegemony

DvdB looks lost like a 15 year old chucked into an adults game.

Unread 11-01-2022, 01:02 PM
windy waffles

But we should be building a side around VdB?

He played in the Ajax team which got to a semi final...

Unread 11-01-2022, 01:04 PM
Zorg

Always got a panicked look on his face too. 'Oh no, what do I do?'

Unread 11-01-2022, 01:10 PM
20LEgend1999

Best goals per minute ratio in the Premier League though, so he's got that going for him...

Unread 11-01-2022, 01:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We're so bad and so far away from where we need to be that it feels impossible we'll get there.

The club are trying all sorts of shit but nothing, absolutely nothing seems to work. It just gets worse.

I can't imagine many of us would be too disgruntled if we literally got rid of every player and coach and just started again. How much worse could it really be?
Yep.

We’ve said it all along, but nothing will change until the owners do.

Unread 11-01-2022, 01:49 PM
Dasilvatwins

I think it’s really shit. But nothing bringing in 5 players and shipping 8 won’t solve with the right manager.

Think this will go on for some time so I hope Ralf Rangnick actually has a role at the club at the end of the season. We desperately need a couple CMs a CB and a new RB and LB.

Maybe if we are lucky we have one or two academy players who can fill the boots ? Maybe signing one CM and using an academy CM . Bringing up alvaro Fernández and laird as back up .

The core is rotten. Confidence is down. That will only come with wins. Right now we just need to win and not concede. Forget about the performance. I’m trying to be as optimistic as I can, even though I depise most of the squad.

Last night the team played as it did because they just aren’t good enough. Mcfred aren’t good enough. Lindelof shaw and dalot aren’t good enough. The last three at best should be 2nd choice full backs and 3rd choice CBs

Rashford needs to a goal desperately or a break . Greenwood shooting looking back wasn’t great lack of power and intent but I’d tell him to keep trying. The players need goals and need lifting up.

The only way we can salvage this season is if we ship out 2 or 3 in Jan and sign atleast one CM. It’s not asking a lot. He doesn’t even need to be the finished article/ CM messiah. Just an improvement who can do a job like a Haidara/kessie or zakaria. Then in the summer we go again for rice or Bellingham .

I don’t know if mejbri can play as a number 6? On FM he is a “ DM/AMC “ I know it isn’t much but if he can pass he is an improvement on mcfred.

One thing I noticed if you watch any old game on MUTV Anderson/scholes/ carrick they’re always looking when they don’t have the ball. Over their shoulder, behind them to the left or right of them. When they don’t have the ball.

Mcfred never look around once. It makes all the difference in the world being aware of your surroundings . Our CM never does once

Unread 11-01-2022, 01:55 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
But we should be building a side around VdB?

He played in the Ajax team which got to a semi final...

Yet wasn't seen as good enough to start against us in the Europa final.

Unread 11-01-2022, 01:59 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

I think a big reason for this is because the big players came under LVG and Jose. The younger players under ole. The current manager hasn’t signed any of them. And the DOF hasn’t had total control of the club and only been here about a year?.

No consistency in the leadership for us. No matter what happens they have to send rangnick upstairs with actual power in the summer. Otherwise we are just pussyfooting around as usual

Unread 11-01-2022, 03:19 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Yet wasn't seen as good enough to start against us in the Europa final.
Because he is bobbins.

Unread 11-01-2022, 03:24 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Because he is bobbins.