United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2022, 03:50 PM
marlo

Default I just realised ralf didn’t sign any players

given he was only here for one window that’s fair enough

but let me land here....

He said the team needed 10 new players and basically open heart surgery in football terms.

this was the team ole built. 3 years 400m spent and it’s needs to be completely dismantled.
so we need to reboot his reboot?

do some still think he did a good job?
his last 5 signings were
sancho 70m
vdb - 40m
varane - 30m
fernandes - 56m
diallo - 19m

£210m

add ronaldo to that as that’s nearly quarter of a billion.

the low we are at right now is a result of his 3 years on mismanagement. down to the huge contracts handed out on his watch, the lack of repercussion for bad performances and lack of direction in terms of playing style.

he was in charge for 3 years how can a finger not be pointed at him?

Unread 15-08-2022, 03:53 PM
dunk

Because those aren’t the players he wanted, those are the players he was given, Sancho and Bruno aside.

Unread 15-08-2022, 03:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Because those aren’t the players he wanted, those are the players he was given, Sancho and Bruno aside.
Maguire too surely?

He made him captain.

Unread 15-08-2022, 03:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Maguire too surely?

He made him captain.
Nah, that deal was being worked on a full year before he signed.

I think the problem is the midfield was never addressed. And the goalkeeper, obviously.

Doesn’t matter how good the forwards are if you can’t get the ball to them.

Unread 15-08-2022, 03:57 PM
Time For Heroes

And yet he got 3rd and 2nd in two of his seasons, maybe he was a frigging genius after all.

Unread 15-08-2022, 03:58 PM
AK14

Quote:
Nah, that deal was being worked on a full year before he signed.

I think the problem is the midfield was never addressed. And the goalkeeper, obviously.

Doesn’t matter how good the forwards are if you can’t get the ball to them.
He made him captain pretty much instantly

He was definitely an Ole signing.

Unread 15-08-2022, 03:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
And yet he got 3rd and 2nd in two of his seasons, maybe he was a frigging genius after all.
At some point the naysayers have to accept that despite his limitations and them not liking his style, he managed to get the best out of the lump of shit@#%&!s he was presented and left with.

Unread 15-08-2022, 03:59 PM
My Name is Heath

RR is the real Emporer's New Clothes guy.

He came. He dropped truth bombs. He was hounded out.

Remind me again, how many weeks pre season did he have with the players?

Oh wait, the Dutch Coneheaded Bastard had 6 weeks or whatever and still served up a pile of shite.

RR could either have built them up and told them all they were the best or do what's right for the club.

He took the brave option. Not the easy option. He's the Neville Longbottom of the managerial world.

Ole? He worked wonders but it was an impossible job..

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He made him captain pretty much instantly

He was definitely an Ole signing.
Only because there was literally no one else when Young left

Mr_Ed

Quote:
This… players have been imposed on him like all other managers.

Donny, Bailly

Think Ole did by Dan James though and needed sacking just for that.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
This… players have been imposed on him like all other managers.

Donny, Bailly

Think Ole did by Dan James though and needed sacking just for that.
Made a profit on him, best bit of business done under the Glazer’s since Fergie left tbf.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:04 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Made a profit on him, best bit of business done under the Glazer’s since Fergie left tbf.
So depressing, but hard to argue with that. Some of the proper duff that have come, stunk up the place and then let go for a massive loss. Christ.

At least we got something back with James.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:17 PM
92ToBury

The whole club is a farce. We've spent over a billion since Fergie left, which wouldn't be so bad if we'd done something with it. The only two players we've sold for over £30m since then were Lukaku and rat face, both of whom we sold for significant losses.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:18 PM
redhegemony

Selling Lukaku was a miracle.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:21 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Three of the players signed under Ole's managership were among the worst we've made in my lifetime given the costs involved:

Maguire
Wan-Bissaka
Van de Baek

With van de Baek I think it's clear Ole wanted a no.6 instead, although he needed to be much stronger dealing with Woodward if that was the case.

I would add Dan James to that list, but we made a small profit on him despite him being out of his depth.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:23 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Selling Lukaku was a miracle.
was classic Glazernomics though, sold him with not enough time to invest in another attacker

I agree with Marlo’s post wholeheartedly. RR’s truth bombs were what we were all saying too but nobody seemed to be saying at the club.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Three of the players signed under Ole's managership were among the worst we've made in my lifetime given the costs involved:

Maguire
Wan-Bissaka
Van de Baek

With van de Baek I think it's clear Ole wanted a no.6 instead, although he needed to be much stronger dealing with Woodward if that was the case.

I would add Dan James to that list, but we made a small profit on him despite him being out of his depth.
Pretty sure AWB was signed on the strength of the ‘recruitment department’s’ recommendation.

We started negotiating for Maguire a year before he signed. We bought him because the club wanted an English figurehead(literally), unless you believe it’s pure coincidence that Mou and Ole wanted the same CB, of course..

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:25 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Pretty sure AWB was signed on the strength of the ‘recruitment department’s’ recommendation.

We started negotiating for Maguire a year before he signed. We bought him because the club wanted an English figurehead(literally), unless you believe it’s pure coincidence that Mou and Ole wanted the same CB, of course..
Quote:
"Maguire was good, [Victor] Lindelof was good. As I always said, Lindelof can be a very good player. With Maguire, I think they can be a very good couple."

Asked whether Maguire was the player he had been looking for before his Old Trafford reign crumbled, Mourinho chuckled and replied: "He arrived one year later!"

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:27 PM
sweetleftfoot

The money spent on Diallo and Pellestri remains a head £#%&! to me. Neither were worth that, and as time is telling they are not going to be moving forward either.

Unread 15-08-2022, 04:30 PM
History

Recruitment looked decent on paper at the time

Wan Bissaka, Dan James etc...

These were the type of signings people were calling for and still are. Not big name, big wage or big ego. Who could come in, do a job and potentially really excel

Turned out they are not good enough. It happens but then we reverted to type, Cavani, bending over for Pogba and probably class Ronaldo in that. Shit hit the fan again

Ole worked out pretty early on he's wasn't going to be playing total football with these lot, but he got results. Probably papered over some cracks initially, but then form in temporary class is permanent works both ways. The Squad is absolute shite
Closed Thread