United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-07-2023, 10:59 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Mount and rice trying to out-anonymise each other
Mounts been tidy. No scholes-like passes but he’s been good with pressing and one touch passing keeping the ball moving.

Mainoo has been playing with such maturity. Good first half. Now to watch slab come on and remove any calmness we have in the back 4

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Yep. Mount has been good. Picking the ball up in thise little spaces and moving it on quickly. We’ve been slow and ponderous for years. We need more of that.

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:01 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Now to watch slab come on and remove any calmness we have in the back 4

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:02 PM
Bunker Buster

We smashed their first team AOTS

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:04 PM
marlo

buying an no frills defensive midfielder for 100m is madness.

especially when rice isn’t exactly accomplished. He is never really the difference for West Ham and his best position is being occupied by havertz.

rice would be perfect for us playing where our number 7 is just buzzing around doing nothing just as he did for Chelsea and England.
almost has a The Scottish Player look about him.

sancho looks good
Martinez looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. Mount has been good. Picking the ball up in thise little spaces and moving it on quickly. We’ve been slow and ponderous for years. We need more of that.
sounds nice and could be true but it isn’t.
he is running around with no defined role.

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:05 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I know it’s only preseason but many times even last season varane would have these games where you don’t even knows he’s playing. But in a good way. Just calmly without any nerves or panic cleans everything up.

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:07 PM
nick henry

I’m not one for getting carried away but Mainoo will be better than Lothar Mattheus.

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

especially when rice isn’t exactly accomplished. He is never really the difference for West Ham and his best position is being occupied by havertz.

rice would be perfect for us playing where our number 7 is just buzzing around doing nothing just as he did for Chelsea and England.

sancho looks good
Martinez looks good.

Yes, if only we had Declan Rice there instead, playing a role he’s never played.

I know you have a need to keep the meme going, but latching onto Mount after your ‘we don’t look good in possession’ Hail Mary just reeks of…..well, you.

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:08 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

sancho looks good
Martinez looks good.

Log off for the night pal, you’ve made enough of a @#%&! of yourself as it is.

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:08 PM
dunk

No defined role

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:09 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No defined role

I used to watch Chelsea a lot as this is what he is like .

I even said we can’t afford to have him and Bruno both playing hero ball.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No defined role
Erik is known for just sending them out with no directions....

dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Him and Mainoo will be great at that this season, under-appreciated doing little things like that

armchair

I don't think Artesta understands who Rice is. I see Rice play the same for england just doing the minimum. If you are paying 100mil you should be asking for more out of a midfielder.

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I don't think Artesta understands who Rice is. I see Rice play the same for england just doing the minimum. If you are paying 100mil you should be asking for more out of a midfielder.
Does he have a pass on him or is he a defensive midfielder? I always expected a good defensive midfielder but one who also has good distribution. Haven’t seen it with England nor today.

Still it’s only pre season, forget about Arsenal. If there’s a CM to talk about it’s Mainoo. Kids in a few years will be pinging a ball across and shouting “kobbie”

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Erik is known for just sending them out with no directions....
An utterly ludicrous observation

armchair

Quote:
Does he have a pass on him or is he a defensive midfielder? I always expected a good defensive midfielder but one who also has good distribution. Haven’t seen it with England nor today.

Still it’s only pre season, forget about Arsenal. If there’s a CM to talk about it’s Mainoo. Kids in a few years will be pinging a ball across and shouting “kobbie”
Decent distribution. Ince level.

What he is great at is breaking up an attack with an interception and then launching a counter.

He's well capable of rampaging further forward too.

NedKelly

Quote:

His passing is very underrated because he’s encouraged to just cover the back four. When he first broke through he was far more complete as a midfielder. Occasionally you still see it where he’ll carry the ball all the way up the pitch.

The Euro final he was England’s best player and they went to shit the moment he was subbed off.

Dr Stranger

Arsenal leaving a load of players on. Shitbags.

Unread 22-07-2023, 11:15 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Decent distribution. Ince level.

What he is great at is breaking up an attack with an interception and then launching a counter.

He's well capable of rampaging further forward too.
This. It’s mega frustrating that people think he’s just another defender.