United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2023, 12:10 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’m not sure it was ever going to happen for Forlan with United. He was laughably shit when he came on as a sub that opening game at Stamford Bridge which incidentally was Mourinhos first game and might have been Forlans last. Kleberson didn’t go on to do much post United. I take your point though.
It’s a few points of what if’s but a run of games could be the difference in someone’s career. Kleberson was still in the Brazil squad long after he left United.

Unread 10-07-2023, 12:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Veron would have probably got a testimonial had he been here post Fergie.

sometimes, I look at the crap we've been served over the last 10 years and think we've been spoilt.

other times, I think of fletch and park.

Unread 10-07-2023, 12:23 PM
goldfinger II

Cole is probably the best example although he actually scored 12 goals in his first 18 United games which is pretty decent, in hindsight. They were already making jokes about him at that time. £#%&!in' love that Cole made them eat their words.

Sheringham is a good example. Poor first season and although he played a big part in the final week of the treble season, those cup final goals were only his 4th and 5th goals of the season, out of 27 appearances.

He went on to be very good after that, obviously.

There are probably better examples of players who have turned it around after 2 seasons at City. Don't remember Mahrez or Grealish ripping up any trees in their earlier seasons - they both seemed to gradually get better though. It didn't matter that they weren't great - the rest of the team/squad was good enough to carry them. The scrutiny on City players is still nowhere near that which United players face and I think that helps too. Rhodri didn't look like much to me for a long time but I thought he was superb against us in the Cup Final, then in the CL final as well.

Unread 10-07-2023, 12:27 PM
Denis Irwell

Djemba x2 would’ve been better than Fletcher had Ferie enjoyed a romantic night in Cameroon and not Edinburgh

Unread 10-07-2023, 12:59 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Shaw is a shout.....
Ageing like fine wine (for the vast majority of games, at least). Strong character coming back from the fat jibes, Jose-hate, and (of course) that leg break.

Unread 10-07-2023, 01:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Ageing like fine wine (for the vast majority of games, at least). Strong character coming back from the fat jibes, Jose-hate, and (of course) that leg break.
Hearing grnchy may even owe him an apology....

Unread 10-07-2023, 01:15 PM
NedKelly

Who is it on here who was still calling Shaw a useless fat @#%&! last season? It wasn’t grinchers, may have been a couple of posters.

Unread 10-07-2023, 01:18 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Hearing grnchy may even owe him an apology....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Who is it on here who was still calling Shaw a useless fat @#%&! last season? It wasn’t grinchers, may have been a couple of posters.
Yep. Think he's a lazy stupid @#%&! and a complete fanny.

There will be no apologies!!!

Unread 10-07-2023, 01:24 PM
Ethers

Quote:
AKers.

Unread 10-07-2023, 01:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Jem.

Unread 10-07-2023, 01:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
That Dennis guy......

Hated him for years now..... Unsure of full username.

Unread 10-07-2023, 01:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Jem.

Unread 10-07-2023, 01:40 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
AKers.
Yes! I remember now. Pretty sure Big Luke was motm and he’d still be throwing him abuse

Quote:
That Dennis guy......

Hated him for years now..... Unsure of full username.
Irwell?

Unread 10-07-2023, 01:51 PM
AK14

Unread 10-07-2023, 02:52 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Tyrell Malacia.

Unread 11-07-2023, 02:20 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Reading the Sancho thread and was thinking yeah give him this year - teams gonna evolve again, better players(hopefully ) to play with etc.

But has anyone ever ‘come good ‘ after paddling around for 2 seasons?

Cole obviously took a year to really settle in and fire but even his adaptation season he was better than Sancho has been (although playing in a much better side)

Evra/Vidic the same

Probably the majority need a season to fully settle into surroundings, team, United but two?

Struggling …
Tom Heaton
Closed Thread