United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-06-2023, 01:29 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Is he that good? Interesting to get a Wolves’ fan perspective. Matheus Nunes is another in the c. 40-50 mil range .. throw Moutinho into that midfield too & wonder why Wolves were so poor last season?
I’m not one to shit stir mate but I think shenners may have been throwing subbies your way in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Discussions on the Mbappe thread about players in their prime going to Saudi. Okay, Neves is not Mbappe level but still a high-level player in his absolute prime. I'm not saying that this is the start of a trend, but those saying ambition will always beat money might need to revisit that thought. You won't play in the Champions League for the next four years at least, but you will earn 10 times your current salary. No brainer for some.

If - as noted above - you have players who play for a living rather than love of the game, will we see more tempted by the Saudi dollar?

On Neves in particular, wouldn't be upset if United tried to hijack the deal.
Would hate to see you guys fall out so if there’s any chance you could clarify your position and resolve this amicably I think we’d all appreciate it.

Unread 19-06-2023, 02:06 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Is he that good? Interesting to get a Wolves’ fan perspective. Matheus Nunes is another in the c. 40-50 mil range .. throw Moutinho into that midfield too & wonder why Wolves were so poor last season?
Neves is the real deal. Genuinely can't fathom why none of the big boys have picked him up. That's my objective view having watched him for the past 5 years or so and comparing him to the individual midfielders who get raved about.

Nunes is, on evidence so far, absolutely shite. That's the best review I can give him. He might turn it around because he can dribble, but he can't pass, can't tackle and loses the ball regularly. Not impressed at all.

Wolves have been awful because they sacked the manager who got us straight from the Championship in to Europe and replaced him with a P.E teacher. They sold the best players (i.e. Jota, Doherty) and replaced with garbage (i.e. Semedo, Podence). The playing style since lockdown has been a stain on the sport. I'd rather be in the Championship and at least watch two games a week with no VAR. But Neves is a real one. He'll be back.

Unread 19-06-2023, 03:19 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Neves is the real deal. Genuinely can't fathom why none of the big boys have picked him up. That's my objective view having watched him for the past 5 years or so and comparing him to the individual midfielders who get raved about.

Nunes is, on evidence so far, absolutely shite. That's the best review I can give him. He might turn it around because he can dribble, but he can't pass, can't tackle and loses the ball regularly. Not impressed at all.

Wolves have been awful because they sacked the manager who got us straight from the Championship in to Europe and replaced him with a P.E teacher. They sold the best players (i.e. Jota, Doherty) and replaced with garbage (i.e. Semedo, Podence). The playing style since lockdown has been a stain on the sport. I'd rather be in the Championship and at least watch two games a week with no VAR. But Neves is a real one. He'll be back.
V interesting. Nunes was being linked to a few Europe chasing clubs during the season - as you say, some good stats on ball progression but clearly something awry as if he was that good coming into the team, presumably they wouldn’t have been where they were. Some hallmarks of WHU .. who similarly should be questioned on why Pacqueta + Rice + Soucek had them nearly relegated ..

Jota + Jimenez to all intents and purposes becoming a part-time player seems to have been a bit crippling; shame as were a very handy team under Nuno (who himself is in Saudi now?).

Unread 19-06-2023, 04:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
That's my objective view having watched him for the past 5 years or so

Quote:
some good stats on ball progression

Unread 19-06-2023, 04:42 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 21-06-2023, 03:56 PM
Baron

I know it's Twitter but ffs

Unread 21-06-2023, 03:57 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Watch him get loaned to Newcastle but it's nothing to do with FFP
Sage...

Unread 21-06-2023, 04:30 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Omfg.

Unread 24-06-2023, 02:08 PM
AK14

Joking aside he does seem to genuinely care about the club and most in his shoes would take the money being offered.

Unread 24-06-2023, 09:20 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/wolves/status/16...A3dB-7-ot5Dfuw

Joking aside he does seem to genuinely care about the club and most in his shoes would take the money being offered.
Crying...

£#%&!ing hell...

Unread 25-06-2023, 10:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Would have made a great The Scottish Player replacement with that acne scarred complexion

Unread 25-06-2023, 11:42 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Would have made a great The Scottish Player replacement with that acne scarred complexion
Looks like we'll be reliant on Hojlund and Antony for our contractual Clearasil promotions this season.

We need to be in the market for a 3rd spotty oik if we lose The Scottish Player.
Closed Thread