United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-06-2023, 06:47 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default Neves sold for £47m

Al Hilal…

Thought he was older than 26. Seems odd to spend your best years there right now no matter what the money. No doubt won’t be the last.

Let’s hope he’s a good friend of De Gea…

https://www.theguardian.com/football...lub-record-45m

Unread 18-06-2023, 07:01 PM
Vedder

Any chance these Saudi @#%&!s can buy Maguire, Bailly, Telles, Beek, Sancho

Unread 18-06-2023, 07:10 PM
dunk

Chelsea are plotting on offloading a load to Saudi by the sounds of it.

Unread 18-06-2023, 07:11 PM
Arnold Muhren

Ten times what he was on at wolves according to Talkshite. Given he was their captain he’s looking at the thick end of £1.5m a week in his bin. Menkul.

Unread 18-06-2023, 07:15 PM
dunk

Wasting his career but getting stupidly rich. Shame on him and good luck to him at the same time.

I thought Barca wanted him?

Unread 18-06-2023, 07:37 PM
armchair

Wolves would put anyone off football.

Unread 18-06-2023, 07:49 PM
Ethers

Clearly doesn’t want to be a top player, as evidenced by how long he’s spent at Wolves. Waste of talent

Unread 18-06-2023, 08:03 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Chelsea are plotting on offloading a load to Saudi by the sounds of it.
Saudis are funding Chelsea that’s why. They have a big stake in Clearwater. They’re buying all Chelsea’s deadwood players this summer now football is £#%&!ing minging.

Unread 18-06-2023, 08:15 PM
Dr Stranger

What a stupid #@&%!. I get the likes of Kante doing it because they’ve nothing to prove. This fella captained Porto at 18 and has since gone to Wolves and now buggers off to the Middle East. What a waste.

Unread 18-06-2023, 08:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
What a stupid #@&%!. I get the likes of Kante doing it because they’ve nothing to prove. This fella captained Porto at 18 and has since gone to Wolves and now buggers off to the Middle East. What a waste.
I dunno if I’d call him a stupid #@&%!. He’s making millions a month. I’m not saying it’s all about money but for some players it just isn’t about trophies. Could retire before he hits 30 and spend the rest of his days comforting himself sitting on a fat pile and laughing at all of us povvos.

Didn’t Oscar do the same thing? Was playing well for Chelsea then £#%&!ed off to China.

It’s a shame but good luck to the guy.

Unread 18-06-2023, 08:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I dunno if I’d call him a stupid #@&%!. He’s making millions a month. I’m not saying it’s all about money but for some players it just isn’t about trophies. Could retire before he hits 30 and spend the rest of his days comforting himself sitting on a fat pile and laughing at all of us povvos.

Didn’t Oscar do the same thing? Was playing well for Chelsea then £#%&!ed off to China.

It’s a shame but good luck to the guy.
#@&%! within a footballing, career optimisation sense. Obviously they’re all winning. And he has good hair.

Unread 18-06-2023, 08:27 PM
Stickman

Wonder at which point the Saudis will host a CL Final….

Neves had reportedly agreed personal terms with Barca.

Unread 18-06-2023, 08:28 PM
armchair

There are probably loads of footballers who hate football and cannot wait to get out.

A saudi move is a springboard to a great rest of your life.

Unread 18-06-2023, 08:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
There are probably loads of footballers who hate football and cannot wait to get out.

Exhibit A

Unread 18-06-2023, 09:05 PM
windy waffles

Can't really knock players winning it who have won everything there is to win like Ronaldo, Benzema etc ..

Bit different with Neves who still has a lot to ahieve. Saying that, if someone offered to set me up for life within three years, and my kid's kids, I wouldn't give a shit about my legacy in the Premier League or La Liga..

As armchair said, a lot of footballers hate playing. Its just all they have known and a way to make a living. As i get older im appreciating that more. Good look to them if someone is stupid enough to pay them between £50-100m per year.

Unread 18-06-2023, 09:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

yeah if there's one thing modern day premier league footballers are short of - it's a decent living wage

Unread 18-06-2023, 09:12 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yeah if there's one thing modern day premier league footballers are short of - it's a decent living wage
He's not gone there for the love of sand and oil.

Unread 18-06-2023, 09:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
He's not gone there for the love of sand and oil.
true, and i can't blame him entirely. Stay at wolves and enjoy mediocrity or go to saudi and earn enough money to make your entire family rich beyond their dreams.

Unread 18-06-2023, 09:15 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Quote:
true, and i can't blame him entirely. Stay at wolves and enjoy mediocrity or go to saudi and earn enough money to make your entire family rich beyond their dreams.
Make your mind up.

Unread 18-06-2023, 09:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Make your mind up.
Alrighty Windy, calm down pal
Closed Thread