Challenge for the league, win 1 cup 33 68.75%
Top 4 and good cup runs 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2023, 08:52 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
The title. I don’t buy this gentle progression, Gerard Houllier-style five-year-plan %@#$&!s. Didn’t Leicester finish bottom half the year before they won it?

89 points won the league this season. We can be getting more than that. Plus if City win the European Cup they might well be managed by Patrick Vieira or Tony Book next season. Get the £#%&!ing thing won.
89, but they took their foot of the gas for the last couple because they had it won. You’ll need 90 plus to win it next year. We’re not ready for that yet. We’re still a way off City.

Unread 31-05-2023, 09:06 AM
redhegemony

Fortress Old Trafford - a proper league challenge and some cracking European nights under lights.

Above all else playing United football.

Unread 31-05-2023, 09:31 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Fortress Old Trafford - a proper league challenge and some cracking European nights under lights.

Above all else playing United football.
We have seen glimpses but I genuinely think ETH has been quite far off being allowed the time to put his mark on the team. I cannot wait until he gets better players and bigger squad depth.

Look at AWB , didn’t play for the first half of the season then became first choice rb. Ok he still has a far way to go but there’s clear improvement in his play. Same with lindelof , who was with AWB on part of the bin list.

Didn’t play much for the first half, looks a different player now. (Of course this could be due to the fact they don’t have to play with slab on either side) but I’m choosing the believe they were coached in bettering their game and had the added benefit of actual training time with the manager and staff.

Unread 31-05-2023, 09:53 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Better track record in away games
10 point increase in the league
Quarters of the CL (at least)
Another cup - happy for us to focus more on the FA cup and sack the league cup off
More goals scored - ideally another 20+ in the league

I’d be very happy with that.
That.

Unless we make some serious moves in the market we’ll be nowhere near a title challenge.

Bring in likes of Kane and De Jong and replace the keeper, then who knows….

This is a realistic target though.

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:01 AM
Jethro

Much much better away record. Dishing out a few leathering's would be nice.

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Denis Irwell

Hopes, rather than expectations. Unless you‘re a customer. Spose we are, these days.

Decent title effort, same for CL. A cup is always something to show.

Depends when these vile @#%&!s gtf out of our lives. Not sure we can “expect” too much until…

If we were the rats or Chelsea, we’d amble into 6th place and become “legends” for winning a European knockout comp but Erik, like Ferie did, will go all out for pl + cl

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:34 AM
Ethers

The usual suspects to be bitching and moaning again after the slightest setback.

Building on our home record and looking more solid away from home would be nice.

With the right signings I don’t think there’s any reason we can’t genuinely be in the title race, although I feel like actually winning it is a step too far.

Another cup would be lovely, but think it’s important to remember how much luck can be involved in cup runs. Hence why we should make the most of what we’ve done this year.

Unread 31-05-2023, 10:54 AM
dunk

The green kit gets binned after one outing.
Closed Thread