United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Wouldn't begrudge him leaving now ..

Lingard on over Donny...

The #@&%!s been on holiday and Donny's been at Carrington every week working his socks off, that's a £#%&!ing crime for a lad who hardly gives the ball away, Fred, matic, Pogba can't retain possession...

Criminal treatment ..

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:06 PM
Hyman_Roth

Shocking management. £#%&!ing lingard.

Hope he leaves before his career gets utterly £#%&!ed by ole.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:06 PM
20LEgend1999

Just no point him being here if a player we want rid of is getting on before him. Never given a chance, doesn't look like he will

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:07 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Wouldn't begrudge him leaving now ..

Lingard on over Donny...

The #@&%!s been on holiday and Donny's been at Carrington every week working his socks off, that's a £#%&!ing crime for a lad who hardly gives the ball away, Fred, matic, Pogba can't retain possession...

Criminal treatment ..
Am I deluded for thinking a more attacking minded manager would be building the central midfield around VdB? Seems such a criminal waste what we're witnessing here.

Is he a bad egg on the training ground? Why this humiliation? Or Ole just doesnt know how to use him?

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:09 PM
red in cumbria

Whilst coming into a team that is struggling as it was today might not suit him, his lack of minutes more generally is a bit puzzling yeah.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:10 PM
Jethro

He needs to go. It's obvious now who sanctioned the purchase. Give the lad some dignity back.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Am I deluded for thinking a more attacking minded manager would be building the central midfield around VdB? Seems such a criminal waste what we're witnessing here.

Is he a bad egg on the training ground? Why this humiliation? Or Ole just doesnt know how to use him?
I've no idea now, I'm lost ...

His position is Bruno's or Pogba, but he CAN play anywhere across that line ...

I don't get it anymore....

He'll 100% be looking to leave now, seeing Fred doing his Insta kit pics and Dan James crying into his towel every pre match ..

Was in the prime of his career..

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Am I deluded for thinking a more attacking minded manager would be building the central midfield around VdB?
yes, totally. soz.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:14 PM
saffers

Quote:
I've no idea now, I'm lost ...

His position is Bruno's or Pogba, but he CAN play anywhere across that line ...

I don't get it anymore....

He'll 100% be looking to leave now, seeing Fred doing his Insta kit pics and Dan James crying into his towel every pre match ..

Was in the prime of his career..
Will be going to the Van Gaal debut next week vs Norway, hoping that VdB is in the squad so he can get away from this nonsense for a bit. Must be tearing at his confidence watching us play like this yet never get a chance.

Dr Stranger

I’m not sure how sloppy our midfielders need to be on the ball before he realises that playing van de Beek comes at no greater risk.

Played a bit in pre season, talk that he had come back looking good in training and then it’s back to the usual once the season starts.

If we can’t play him next to Fred or Matic today against a team who have lost 15 of their last 21, then there really is no point him being here.

He won’t take Bruno’s place and he doesn’t fancy him in a deeper role, so what is the point? When will he play?

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes, totally. soz.
Your footy judgment is sound but not sure if youre that guy for midfielders pal.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Will be going to the Van Gaal debut next week vs Norway, hoping that VdB is in the squad so he can get away from this nonsense for a bit. Must be tearing at his confidence watching us play like this yet never get a chance.
Enjoy pal, he's slipping out of the Dutch squad now, wasn't a starter at the euro pre before he got injured....he's having his career ruined..

Rewind a year or so and he was first name on the team sheet in the champions league and internationally....

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:18 PM
marlo

Default it’s not that hard to understand

he is too slow and weak to occupy one of the places The Scottish Player/Fred/matic occupy and you have to be on drugs to put his unproductive and insipid self in place of pogba or Bruno.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I’m not sure how sloppy our midfielders need to be on the ball before he realises that playing van de Beek comes at no greater risk.

Played a bit in pre season, talk that he had come back looking good in training and then it’s back to the usual once the season starts.

If we can’t play him next to Fred or Matic today against a team who have lost 15 of their last 21, then there really is no point him being here.

He won’t take Bruno’s place and he doesn’t fancy him in a deeper role, so what is the point? When will he play?
As much as a I love Ole, he’s a massive @#%&! of a manager most of the time and would rather play with two deeper safety first midfielders.

Picking Matic to start and lingard on before Beek is just cowardly.

Letting martial anywhere near the starting line up after last season should be considered a sackable offence.

Worrying early signs imo.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:19 PM
marlo

Quote:
Enjoy pal, he's slipping out of the Dutch squad now, wasn't a starter at the euro pre before he got injured....he's having his career ruined..

Rewind a year or so and he was first name on the team sheet in the champions league and internationally....
A good yard stick is how many top teams are enquiring about this top midfielder that we seem to be overlooking....

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
A good yard stick is how many top teams are enquiring about this top midfielder that we seem to be overlooking....
Maybe you should have watched him run the game in the bernabeu or swat aside the juve side if you want to talk big teams...

If you're judging him on his united career crack on, months before he joined us he was nominated for the Balloon d'Or..

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:26 PM
Mr_Ed

Want him to have a run of games but if he’s not going to play then move him on and get a decent replacement.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
As much as a I love Ole, he’s a massive @#%&! of a manager most of the time and would rather play with two deeper safety first midfielders.

Picking Matic to start and lingard on before Beek is just cowardly.

Letting martial anywhere near the starting line up after last season should be considered a sackable offence.

Worrying early signs imo.
Can’t really argue with that. The most frustrating thing is that the ‘safe’ option doesn’t actually provide any safety. It hinders us. There’s nothing safe about giving the ball away or being dispossessed in dangerous areas.

Quote:
No it isn’t.

Nobody was in for Bruno when we went for him. We didn’t have to fight anyone off for Varane. Clubs aren’t queuing up for your mate Pogba right now either.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:33 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

No it isn’t.

Nobody was in for Bruno when we went for him. We didn’t have to fight anyone off for Varane. Clubs aren’t queuing up for your mate Pogba right now either.
Missing the point ....

If we benched Bruno for a whole season , there would loads on enquiries... because he is a elite player.

vdb is a slow average player who doesn’t do enough to warrant a place in the team. It’s that simple.

p.s. pogba starts for every team in Europe mate. let’s put some respect on his name please.

Unread 22-08-2021, 04:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Missing the point ....
Answer mine.