United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 06-03-2024, 03:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit View Post
Wasn't Veron sold whilst on this tour?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4LOt..._web_copy_link
Just came on here to post that. Ruud was £#%&!ing incredible, wasnt he?

Unread 06-03-2024, 05:21 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Wasn't Veron sold whilst on this tour?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4LOt..._web_copy_link
Veron was absolutely out of this world in that game. Think he was sold immediately after. £16m. We spent most of it on Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba - the rest we just squandered.

Unread 10-03-2024, 12:59 AM
thatsfuctit

Sharpey’s turn & cross for our 2nd

Unread 10-03-2024, 10:03 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean View Post
brilliant
Agreed

Unread 10-03-2024, 10:05 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren View Post
Followed and reminded of how great Steve Bruce was
Yes he was under-rated

Unread 11-03-2024, 12:04 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill View Post
Yes he was under-rated
Still incredible that he never even got one cap for England.

Unread 11-03-2024, 10:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
I've watched a lot of these videos.

It's not helping to reignite for passion for football.

I'm getting older (42) and those videos take me back to a time when football felt like a different world from it is now.

there's hardly anything better about the modern game...

I mean, look at how we used to move the ball around, it was like something from a video game....

some of our players now look like Sunday league players on the ball and that's no exaggeration.

but when I start to think about it, I think everything was better back then - music, fashion, so maybe it is just Father Time playing tricks on me...
Reading that is exactly what went through my head watching the Arsenal pre game dressing room clip.

The “games gone” compared to then and never coming back.

Unread 15-03-2024, 08:42 AM
believe

I was just about to post this on the who would you bring back thread. You just forget how good Hughes was and I’ve been watching that insta page this week and I can’t even think of a player in world football you would compare him to.

Unread 15-03-2024, 09:45 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
I was just about to post this on the who would you bring back thread. You just forget how good Hughes was and I’ve been watching that insta page this week and I can’t even think of a player in world football you would compare him to.
do we forgive him?

Unread 15-03-2024, 09:50 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre View Post

I'm getting older (42) and those videos take me back to a time when football felt like a different world from it is now.

I mean, look at how we used to move the ball around, it was like something from a video game....

some of our players now look like Sunday league players on the ball and that's no exaggeration.

but when I start to think about it, I think everything was better back then - music, fashion, so maybe it is just Father Time playing tricks on me...
There's no doubt we've all got old fartitis, but the game isn't what it was. It's all over-thought, over-planned and over-exposed, sanitised, mechanical and just not that exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Definitely my favourite Eric goal, never get tired of watching it.

Love the way Fergie gushes when talking about him

Unread 15-03-2024, 09:54 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I can’t even think of a player in world football you would compare him to.
Based on that video, there are a lot of similarities with Harry Kane.

Unread 15-03-2024, 10:07 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre View Post

It’s how I’ve been for years now - I struggle to watch any old United stuff from the 80’s and 90’s because it simply reinforces in stark terms how utterly shit we are now, how shit the game is, how shit other clubs are, how depressing football support and internet fans are etc. It’s the same with stuff about the Hac or £#%&!ing Spike Island. All it serves to do is remind us that things were so much better when we were young. It’s a tired thing to say as you get older but in the case of United certainly, it’s unfortunately very true.

Unread 15-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Maybe Harry Kane in the way he can drop deep and link play as a centre forward.

Hughes a cleaner striker of the ball, and obviously a lot tougher. Can't imagine Harry Kane wanting to throw down with that horrible #@&%! Vinnie Jones.

Unread 16-03-2024, 07:38 PM
thatsfuctit

The throw from The Dane

Unread 16-03-2024, 08:39 PM
Stickman

Quote:
That was exactly what I took from this vid when it popped up on my gram. It’s one of the most daring throw outs I think i’ve seen.

Unread 16-03-2024, 08:41 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
That was exactly what I took from this vid when it popped up on my gram. It’s one of the most daring throw outs I think i’ve seen.
He was great at that, to be fair. Great distribution of the ball. Could throw it further, and with greater accuracy, than De Gea could kick it.

Unread 16-03-2024, 08:42 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Yeah his throws were mental.

The one in this vid is through the eye of a needle, straight through the centre of defence into the midfield.

Unread 16-03-2024, 08:43 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Yeah his throws were mental.

The one in this vid is through the eye of a needle, straight through the centre of defence into the midfield.