United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2014, 01:26 AM
waynes ear's

Talking Daniele De Rossi 'would have taken his own life' at Manchester United

Wouldnt we all

Quote:
The coveted Italian midfielder Daniele De Rossi has said that a move to Manchester United in the summer would have made him suicidal.
Manchester United made a bid for the midfielder towards the end of the summer transfer window, according to Roma's coach Rudi Garcia, but it came too late for the club to accept.
"I said to him that I couldn't lose him at the last minute so we fixed a date after which he would not move," Garcia told L'Equipe.
"The first league match came and a few days after Manchester United called the club, called him, but the date had passed and he didn't move."
Reports at the time suggested United had offered £12m for the player, who was also a target for Manchester City under Roberto Mancini in 2012, a move he turned down.
"It was a good thing that I didn't go to Manchester, now I would have committed suicide!" he told Corriere dello Sport.
It was unclear whether De Rossi was commenting on United's struggles this season or expressing relief that he was part of a renaissance at Roma that has lifted them to second behind Juventus in Serie A. Or, indeed, giving his opinion on the Lancashire weather.
However, it may also have been an expression of the rediscovered form that has made the 30-year-old a certainty for the Azzurri at the World Cup finals in Brazil this summer.
"Last summer I didn't feel comfortable, I didn't recognise myself in the relationship with my team-mates and with the fans," he said.
@#%&!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...chester-united

Unread 04-01-2014, 01:27 AM
Sparky***

Not surprisingly is it we're pretty much the laughing stock of European football at the moment

Unread 04-01-2014, 01:29 AM
Switching Off

Comment from the local rag journo who speaks Italian:

Quote:
Frankly, the reporting in England of the Daniele de Rossi interview is an embarrassment to journalism.

Unread 04-01-2014, 01:30 AM
Pop

Cheeky ice cream making greasy @#%&!. Should put a bid in for him pronto.

Unread 04-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Michael Myers

No need for suicide - Moyes training regime would have killed him.

Unread 04-01-2014, 02:00 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Or, indeed, giving his opinion on the Lancashire weather.
Manchester - 828mm of rainfall per year
Rome - 804mm of rainfall per year

I do wish they'd stop with that weather trope

Unread 04-01-2014, 02:12 AM
ryanMUFC

An Italian Roy Keane if there ever was one. Fair £#%&!s to him staying at his boyhood club, this seasons probably the best shot they have at winning serie A since he's being in the side.

Unread 04-01-2014, 02:25 AM
dragflick

Load of shite...

Unread 04-01-2014, 03:14 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Load of shite...

and some people actually take these @#%&!s at the guardian seriously

Unread 04-01-2014, 03:23 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
and some people actually take these @#%&!s at the guardian seriously

No one and I mean no one, does a spider graph like the guardian.... In fact for broadsheet imagery to get across a point on East African candle production figures you show me a better paper..

Unread 04-01-2014, 03:32 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
No one and I mean no one, does a spider graph like the guardian.... In fact for broadsheet imagery to get across a point on East African candle production figures you show me a better paper..
Bono's bog roll

Unread 04-01-2014, 03:42 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
ok ok, granted - but I mean apart from that.....?

Unread 04-01-2014, 03:49 AM
Johnaldo

Guardian mention they may get the interpretation wrong literally in the line after the quote

Unread 04-01-2014, 03:52 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnaldo
Guardian mention they may get the interpretation wrong literally in the line after the quote
Exactly. This story smacks of a come and get me plea in the Granuiads eyes

Unread 04-01-2014, 03:53 AM
Johnaldo

It is a shit article. No wonder noones put their name to it

Unread 04-01-2014, 03:57 AM
waynes ear's

Who is noones? Is he on twitter?

Unread 04-01-2014, 04:29 AM
Johnaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Who is noones? Is he on twitter?