United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: erik ten hag
in 55 55.00%
out 45 45.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 25-02-2024, 12:42 AM
armchair

One day he'll have all the perfect players and they'll never get injured and he'll conquer earth.

It's just so stupid.

I'm not saying he should win the league with the players he has.

Unread 25-02-2024, 02:32 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
One day he'll have all the perfect players and they'll never get injured and he'll conquer earth.

It's just so stupid.

I'm not saying he should win the league with the players he has.
The only league they’re likely to win is the fair play league, seeing as how none of them seem to want to risk making a £#%&!ing tackle

Unread 25-02-2024, 04:13 AM
shenwen

Keep him to the end of the season as it's not going to get any better no matter who comes in, and best wait for the right replacement. He won't be here next season though, and neither should he. This season has been nothing short of a disaster.

What's going to the likes of Antony? Can't see him playing under another manager if the bloke who signed him doesn't even want him any more.

Unread 25-02-2024, 09:18 AM
magic_cantona

Apart from Unai Emery, this guy nails it.

Unread 25-02-2024, 09:22 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Apart from Unai Emery, this guy nails it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3vmE...R5OThqYTRkNGxl
On Emery: ‘Yes, he didn’t do brilliantly at Arsenal, but I think even Arsenal fans would say there’s reasons for that.’

He’s so close to making the connection.

Unread 25-02-2024, 09:30 AM
Coracao

Emery is a decent manager tbf. Hard to believe he is younger than 10HAG, seems to have been around forever.

Utd need to act decisively given the number of top clubs looking for a manager this summer. Hopefully they actually have an idea of what direction they want to go in, as the current incumbent looks far from the answer.

Unread 25-02-2024, 09:39 AM
marlo

I honestly can’t see how anyone can defend ETH.

If he was mourinho for example there wouldnt be so much blind faith.

-his signings have been on the whole bad. Not ok! Bad! Wasted more than half the money he has spent.
-his football is chaotic mess where every game we play the other team are given too many chances and too much of the ball. Newport have 17 shots against us. Luton has 22.
-he doesn’t have the personality to be a United manager. We all know it. He isn’t likeable or someone you want to get behind.
-his interviews suggest he doesn’t know what is going wrong

I could go on…

But yeah he deserves another season while we are entering an era where failure shouldn’t be tolerated….

Unread 25-02-2024, 10:34 AM
Parlabane

At full time yesterday I wanted him out, this morning my position has softened.

We all knew when he came that it wasn’t going to be a quick fix and he has had more than his fair share of problems to deal with.

I was hoping that after we went out of Europe and playing one game a week we would start to see improvements as he would have had more time coaching rather than preparing for games.

We need to sort the off field positions first including sports science and the medical department and then we should be in a position to truly see what the managers vision is.

He is running out of time and we need to see improvements between now and the end of the season otherwise the momentum for change will be too big for him to survive - but like most of us were saying at the time it needs a long term solution to turn it around not a quick fix so he gets more time from me

Unread 25-02-2024, 10:45 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane View Post

I was hoping that after we went out of Europe and playing one game a week we would start to see improvements as he would have had more time coaching rather than preparing for games.

We need to sort the off field positions first including sports science and the medical department and then we should be in a position to truly see what the managers vision is.

e
the latest excuse is here now.

So he needs a fully fit first 11 and now the sports science and medical department need to be fixed as well before we can see any semblance of a decent football.

Unread 25-02-2024, 10:53 AM
believe

It would have been a quicker fix if he did t need to replace most the players he’s signed. Can anyone honestly say we’re in a better position now than when he arrived?

This week will be telling, an exit from our last hope of a trophy and a good hiding by City might set the ball rolling.

Unread 25-02-2024, 10:57 AM
Harry Flashman

People need to get behind the manager.

Some of the football in Fegies time was shocking, especially before he started to win silverware.

He is dealing with possibly 3rd & 4th choice signings.
Not only of his own, but of the previous managers as well.
It seems to be well documented he wanted DeJong, but the powers thhat be £#%&!ed around & overspent on Cassimreo at the end of the window.
Penny wise pound foolish as he now seems to need replacing.
That's down to the board, not the manager.
Manchester United flailing around at the arse end of a tranfer window, trying to pick up loan signings.
You wonder why we are in the state we are in.
You don't get the top player by acting like that.

A lot of the players he has, most on here want shipping out anyway.
Lindeloff, Maguire, WanBikassa, Dalot et al.
That's beofer we look at athe midfield.
Rashford can't be bothered.
Martial, is he still alive??
There's almost 3 quarters of a squad that needs binning. If not more.

Weghorts was down to the fact the "warchest" is riddled with bullet holes and the mice have stolen the cheese.

As for the injuries this season.
It's far from perfect, but Potter or Southgate as alternaties, ffs.

And these players have proven time & time again what shills they are.

I know it's far from perfect, but I think given the situation, it's about as good as it is going to be for the foreseeable.

Unread 25-02-2024, 10:57 AM
shenwen

What I don't get is seeing as we are only playing one game a week now, why do the players look so lethargic? What's going on in training? I can't see any improvement in energy and effort since we fell out of the easy CL group.

I'm all for long-term solutions, but there needs to be at least some progress if you're going to trust this manager to be able to deliver.

And can we please stop comparing with events that happened 30 years ago with one of the greatest managers of all time in charge?

Unread 25-02-2024, 10:59 AM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
the latest excuse is here now.

So he needs a fully fit first 11 and now the sports science and medical department need to be fixed as well before we can see any semblance of a decent football.
Well it might just help with the injury situation !

Unread 25-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Hyman_Roth

Get beaten by Forest and I think hell be gone fairly swiftly.

And it would a fair enough call.

Unread 25-02-2024, 11:07 AM
marlo

Unread 25-02-2024, 11:20 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Flashman View Post

Some of the football in Fegies time was shocking, especially before he started to win silverware.

It seems to be well documented he wanted DeJong, but the powers thhat be £#%&!ed around & overspent on Cassimreo at the end of the window.
Manchester United flailing around at the arse end of a tranfer window, trying to pick up loan signings.

Weghorts was down to the fact the "warchest" is riddled with bullet holes and the mice have stolen the cheese.

I know it's far from perfect, but I think given the situation, it's about as good as it is going to be for the foreseeable.
Seasons £#%&!ed as these @#%&!s won’t be arsed having a go at the cup.
It’s all over the media eleven are out the door so they’ll just pick up the money till then
I’d like to see Eric banish Rashford, get angry with officials and see what he’s like with a new structure making signings above him, but if not it’s important he’s there to hold the door open for the last of the shit@#%&!s to go through.
Player power has to be seen to be finished

Unread 25-02-2024, 11:24 AM
RARAMSES

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Flashman View Post

Unread 25-02-2024, 11:40 AM
jem

I think anyone who compares any current manager, form or style to fergie and lauds the benefits of patience should be banned.

comments about injuries, dead wood and refs might be true, but so is the shit tactics, deluded analysis and lack of fire. sort it out or £#%&! off. but to go on pretending the team shows great character and we lose on details.... nope. we won a few games against shit teams playing desperate, risky football. we haven't controlled any game.

Unread 25-02-2024, 12:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Unread 25-02-2024, 12:22 PM
shenwen

Seems we the only team that has injuries, didn't get our first choice transfers, sign players on loan, or has to deal with this "player power". ETH is so unlucky.