United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 18-02-2024, 11:07 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
no, he'll have a non-compete clause in his contract too. That's what they are paying to delete.
£#%&! them. Give them what they gave Brighton or they can keep paying him to do nothing for 2 years.

Unread 18-02-2024, 11:10 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
no, he'll have a non-compete clause in his contract too. That's what they are paying to delete.
I think rashford must’ve got one of those written in to his new contract.

Unread 18-02-2024, 11:51 PM
Sparky***

oops already been posted

Unread 19-02-2024, 04:05 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
https://x.com/david_ornstein/status/...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

No way we’re moving for him now and letting him sit there to see out two years of gardening leave

Good of them to play hard ball, but they’re not getting £20m ffs

What compensation figure do you think it will take for us to get an agreement with them

Unread 19-02-2024, 04:15 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Is he 5 feet tall? Not sure why he sounds like a Londoner when he's from the Midlands

Unread 19-02-2024, 07:42 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
7.5mil final offer

he's not andy cole
We could throw in Antony?

Unread 19-02-2024, 08:23 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Is he 5 feet tall? Not sure why he sounds like a Londoner when he's from the Midlands

Unread 19-02-2024, 08:58 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
New to careerist sociopaths?

Unread 19-02-2024, 10:51 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
What compensation figure do you think it will take for us to get an agreement with them
Don’t know, mate, but I don’t think it’s going to be 4x what anyone has ever paid for someone in his position

Unread 19-02-2024, 11:11 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Don’t know, mate, but I don’t think it’s going to be 4x what anyone has ever paid for someone in his position
BJR is making Abuism great again

Unread 19-02-2024, 11:16 AM
Parlabane

Love how the geordies are “outraged” by the way Utd have approached him - surely they did the same when he was at Brighton

Unread 19-02-2024, 11:18 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane View Post
Love how the geordies are “outraged” by the way Utd have approached him - surely they did the same when he was at Brighton
It’s easy to see why tbh….

We’ve been in the gutter relatively
They get the richest owners to ever grace the game

This is putting them in their place somewhat. A reality check.

Unread 19-02-2024, 04:50 PM
Sparky***

Unread 19-02-2024, 05:21 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
‘Ashworth, on being told of the board’s decision, is reported to have replied “I haven’t even got a garden.”’

Unread 19-02-2024, 05:35 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
In an exclusive interview with Manchester United’s John Murtough, he reveals just why the club are interested in Dan Ashworth:

‘Let’s be honest, the infrastructure has fallen short of what is expected at a club as huge as Manchester United. In previous years, there has been a focus on profit margins via commercial avenues, rather than focussing on maximising success on the pitch, which can then be capitalised on from a commercial point of view.
Darren [Fletcher] is United through and through - if you cut him he would bleed red. But, and I know he won’t mind me saying this, he lacks the guts needed to ruthlessly acquire the best players in the world. That’s what this club should be about; getting the best in class.
Me and Jim have spoken about this at length, and we agree things need to change. And that’s what we’re doing.
We believe Dan does have the bowels for this game, so to speak, and the only thing he’ll be following through on is his determination to sign a higher quality of player that will translate to more silverware for this great and prestigious club in years to come.’

Unread 19-02-2024, 05:52 PM
madhattricks

My hopes are that Jim comes in and tells Newcastle, “These aren't the old days of MU.Here's what we are prepared to pay. If you want to have good faith negotiations, let's get it done. If not, have fun paying Ashworth to vacation in Bermuda. We are out.”

Because that is the attitude United need to have going forward.

Unread 19-02-2024, 05:54 PM
Bobby C

Pay newcastle nowt, let him go on "gardening leave", and whatsapp him his opinion on signings

Unread 19-02-2024, 06:04 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C View Post
Pay newcastle nowt, let him go on "gardening leave", and whatsapp him his opinion on signings
Call group "Definitely Darren Fletchers Signing Suggestions."

Unread 19-02-2024, 06:12 PM
Bobby C

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Call group "Definitely Darren Fletchers Signing Suggestions."

It really is that easy