United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 29-01-2024, 06:19 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
A new club and a renewed enthusiasm for the game and he will likely look like a world beater again.

It won’t happen at United.
If he’s that much of a Red he shouldn’t need a move to motivate him.

He’s playing for United, that should be everything.

If he can’t appreciate that then he wants £#%&!ing off with the rest of them.

Unread 29-01-2024, 06:23 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Yeah he is now in that same group as Pogba,Lingard and Sancho which is a really sad state of affairs
You might have thought he'd have noticed that his #@&%! Beanz mate isn't exactly fighting top level clubs off with a sticky stick and learned from it, but as we've all seen these #@&%!heads we employ don't seem big of self awareness.

Unread 29-01-2024, 06:37 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Absolutely sick of these utter #@&%!s who treat being paid millions to play for Manchester United as some sort of terrible hardship. Waah waah waah. Oh, poor you.

Does one thing all season and has the nerve to turn it into an ‘edgy’ celebration ffs. The £#%&!ing brass neck on him. This club used to have standards. He should be dragged out by his feet and sold to whoever is stupid enough to take him on.
The last thing I want to do is make excuses for the players least of all an utter #@&%! like Rashford who is taking the piss out of the fans and club on a scale I'm struggling to recall. It's clear he's not happy but he's far from the only one in recent years who has lost something inside of him and it can't be a coincidence.

Our first choice goalkeeper of over a decade is literally unemployed. Jones, Bailly, Pogba, Lingard Mata all at one point first-team mainstays who we paid fortunes to and for and they can't or won't play football. There has been a deeper malaise at the club, it starts with players not hitting their top level often enough, then they stop improving, soon they are getting worse and then it ends with them hanging on to a contract because no-one in the world will touch them.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly where the blame lies and £#%&! knows how you fix it because there's only about 2 players left from the Mou era when we first had the exact same issue and yet it's as if nothing has changed.

Unread 29-01-2024, 06:46 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
The last thing I want to do is make excuses for the players least of all an utter #@&%! like Rashford who is taking the piss out of the fans and club on a scale I'm struggling to recall. It's clear he's not happy but he's far from the only one in recent years who has lost something inside of him and it can't be a coincidence.

Our first choice goalkeeper of over a decade is literally unemployed. Jones, Bailly, Pogba, Lingard Mata all at one point first-team mainstays who we paid fortunes to and for and they can't or won't play football. There has been a deeper malaise at the club, it starts with players not hitting their top level often enough, then they stop improving, soon they are getting worse and then it ends with them hanging on to a contract because no-one in the world will touch them.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly where the blame lies and £#%&! knows how you fix it because there's only about 2 players left from the Mou era when we first had the exact same issue and yet it's as if nothing has changed.
Mata catching shots harshly 😂. He’s 35 *insert 50 cent gif*

Though agree on the others, 30 and under . you will be able to soon add martial to the list.

Probably a combination of earning enough to live off it, being told you’re the dogs %@#$&!s and believing it , institutionalised , knowing you don’t have to put in much effort or have the right attitude but you will still get that contract.

I fully expected de gea to manage to get a champions league club atleast. Not everybody plays with a passing GK and he certainly is a top quality shot stopper.

Unread 29-01-2024, 07:02 PM
RedNick80

Quote:

Yep- mental how badly we’ve been run. We all know it but it’s pretty stark when you put it to paper like that.

Glazers and Woodward completely at fault. Ergo, we can’t keep sacking managers.

Still not sure even a Klopp or Pep could have got enough influence to change anything, going back to an earlier debate. They’d have either a) not taken the job and seen what #@&%!s they would have to work under or b) £#%&!ed off after 12 months of experiencing the shit show first hand.

Most clubs don’t have one ‘Jones’ or a ‘Linguard’ - we’ve got literally a squad worth over the last decade.

Unread 29-01-2024, 08:57 PM
Parlabane

It will be interesting to see what the ineos involvement will have with a) any disciplinary measures handed out and B) the response from the player.

In the past I got the impression that the manager could fine a player which would be like water off a ducks back and probably not result in any change of behaviour / attitude.

From what we’ve seen so far I doubt Ineos will £#%&! around and any punishment and sanctions won’t be an empty threat

Unread 29-01-2024, 09:12 PM
lztom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
It will be interesting to see what the ineos involvement will have with a) any disciplinary measures handed out and B) the response from the player.

In the past I got the impression that the manager could fine a player which would be like water off a ducks back and probably not result in any change of behaviour / attitude.

From what we’ve seen so far I doubt Ineos will £#%&! around and any punishment and sanctions won’t be an empty threat
Totally agree. Big Jim’s taken on big unions and won, you would think this would be small fry to him (eg rashfords “agent”, ie his mong brother). If ineos just sorts out this rotten players union culture, on its own it will be a service to the club

Unread 29-01-2024, 09:14 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lztom
Big Jim’s taken on big unions and won
The @#%&!

Unread 29-01-2024, 09:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

I think a lot of it stems from dishing out bumper contracts for mediocrity under woodward.

There's been a culture allowed to develop since 2014 where there's no consequences for poor performances, players who spent all their time either injured or playing shit were rewarded with new contracts because the club were afraid of losing 'assets'.

Everybody got very comfortable with not being held to any proper standard and as such an unholy rot set in. Team plays poor, manager gets canned and the players just merrily carry on.

Suddenly someone comes in and tries to instil some standards and he's treated as some sort of £#%&!ing ogre.

Unread 29-01-2024, 10:01 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think a lot of it stems from dishing out bumper contracts for mediocrity under woodward.

There's been a culture allowed to develop since 2014 where there's no consequences for poor performances, players who spent all their time either injured or playing shit were rewarded with new contracts because the club were afraid of losing 'assets'.

Everybody got very comfortable with not being held to any proper standard and as such an unholy rot set in. Team plays poor, manager gets canned and the players just merrily carry on.

Suddenly someone comes in and tries to instil some standards and he's treated as some sort of £#%&!ing ogre.
Spot on pal.

Unread 29-01-2024, 10:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Yep.

The biggest indicator of all this is the number of genuine, unarguably successful transfers/youth team graduates since 2013. I can think of one - Bruno. And even he's been up and down. Maybe Garnacho and Mainoo, though it's early days for them

Almost every other player bought or introduced to the team since then has got visibly worse and like you said, rewarded for mediocrity. The fact that Martial is still anywhere near OT after years and years of absolute nothingness is a scandal.

United has become toxic to both managers and players. Which is why although I sympathise with a lot of the arguments for binning ten Hag, it's all but guaranteed that the next guy would suffer the same fate.

Hopefully Jimbo's arrival will stop this rot, restore the club's standards and turn United into a positive place for players to come, where they can actually improve.

Unread 29-01-2024, 10:20 PM
puressence

Accepted his punishment case closed available v wolves. The seeth I can feel
It

Unread 29-01-2024, 10:29 PM
Lok

How do we punish a player that doesn't seem to like playing and has more money than he'll ever know what to do with?

Unread 29-01-2024, 10:29 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/statu...1238%2Fpage-28

Officially more intelligent than Jadon Sancho.
That’s a pretty low benchmark.

Unread 29-01-2024, 10:32 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
That’s a pretty low benchmark.
True.

Also comes with the disadvantage that he’s available for selection again.

Unread 29-01-2024, 10:34 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/statu...1238%2Fpage-28

Officially more intelligent than Jadon Sancho.
The lad’s an entitled #@&%!.

Needs to go in the summer.

Unread 29-01-2024, 10:35 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep.

The biggest indicator of all this is the number of genuine, unarguably successful transfers/youth team graduates since 2013. I can think of one - Bruno. And even he's been up and down. Maybe Garnacho and Mainoo, though it's early days for them

Almost every other player bought or introduced to the team since then has got visibly worse and like you said, rewarded for mediocrity. The fact that Martial is still anywhere near OT after years and years of absolute nothingness is a scandal.

United has become toxic to both managers and players. Which is why although I sympathise with a lot of the arguments for binning ten Hag, it's all but guaranteed that the next guy would suffer the same fate.

Hopefully Jimbo's arrival will stop this rot, restore the club's standards and turn United into a positive place for players to come, where they can actually improve.
Yeah, its horrendous when you lay it out.

Moyes' first signing = Fellaini. If ever there was an indicator for what was coming, it was that moment. There may have been truth in his "Kroos was waiting to sign but the higher ups wouldn't pay" spiel but it doesn't really matter. Tbf to Fellaini, he never downed tools and wanted to be a United player.

Then you look at Pogba (who Ferguson let it be known was trouble, but we still threw everything at Juventus to get him) and it's another piece of the pile of shit jigsaw.

The amount of players we've signed who are anything but United standard is incredible. And heartbreaking.

Rashford was a bit of hope tbh. But he's gone the same way as Pogba, Lingard, Martial etc. "Poor me" and he's downed tools. This Belfast night(s) out looks more like he's trying to get a move than anything else. I think the most telling thing is, I don't know anyone that doesn't want him sold.

Unread 29-01-2024, 10:40 PM
puressence

He will be here when the manager is sacked .. probably when top 4 is impossible

Unread 29-01-2024, 10:46 PM
Finport Red

Rashford is the epitome of everything that has gone wrong with our playing staff the past decade.

Players like Keane strove for better wages, but they did it on the back of hard work, competitiveness and the winning of major trophies. They earned it. This lot, with rashford as the blingmeister general, have rode into town having earned nothing, and have been given the keys to the safe. And they’ve taken, taken and taken, without giving anything in return. Can’t be bothered turning up, or turning up on time, or playing, or following instructions.

They have treated the club and it’s fans in the same way as the ownership. Put nothing in of themselves, but taken everything they could.

I’m honestly sickened by this pin-headed stick insect and his absolute disdain for the club, fans and management. Needs to go.