Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 17-01-2024, 12:23 AM
Parlabane

Sparky has nailed it - absolute boob job of a club

Unread 17-01-2024, 09:05 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Good. I hope this all leads to complete and utter carnage. I hope it's a litigious bloodbath with clubs suing each other, it's nothing less than the greedy bastards who run the game in this country deserve. The Premier League and the FA are a complete and total £#%&!ing disgrace

Any halfwit with even a basic knowledge of how to operate google could have found out that City were sponsoring themselves and diddling the books years ago. The fact is the powers that be had absolutely no interest in it. They welcomed the sugar daddy owners in because them throwing money about was good for the 'brand'. But it didn't stop at Jack walker and then Roman abramovic did it...oh no suddenly the oil states and all manner of dodgy, greedy bastards from across the globe saw English football as the ideal place to wash their cash or the image of their country, or even to just come in and asset strip a football club for a quick buck.

This is all on them. They've allowed this abomination in east manchester to fester for over a decade and now it's led to exactly what everyone said it would - a one team league. Forget Liverpool's little dot on the radar, City have cleaned up for over a decade because they were allowed to cheat, cheat and throw tens of billions at a project whilst the governing bodies were asleep at the wheel. They've hoovered up all the best young talent in the country at eye watering cost in an academy that's more akin to a giant £#%&!ing sweatshop, all geared to helping them side-step financial regulations. They are an absolute monstrosity of a "club".

Unread 17-01-2024, 09:18 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
their inferiority complex has eaten whatever little remained of their self respect.
Might use this. Thanks

Unread 17-01-2024, 10:06 AM
magic_cantona

It's funny how they've always called us plastic too. Manufactured

Look at them, a big £#%&! all of a club. Nobody cared. Now they're winning, nobody's really arsed when they win the league because for us, at least its not Liverpool. Every other team in the land just thinks "they've bought that, not arsed" - it's that that does them. You listen to City fans talking and EVERYONE is jealous of them. No, people don't like blatant cheating but nobody's upset because City have won the league. Liverpool winning it gives me the genuine fear, but not them. So what?

The illusions they've created for how others feel towards them are nearly as deluded as their opinion that they deserve this. Don't tell us you've always been there, through anything and everything when you've knocked up a crowd of 3007. Everything about the @#%&!s is a myth. They've always been known as the Liars. Every myth they've created has been debunked. There's more City fans in Manchester when there's actual statistical proof that more season tickets are sold to United fans. Even when they put forward gate figures of a record attendance, there were gaps everywhere at the Etihad. It's all bullshit. The amazing thing is though, none of them can actually acknowledge reality. United will always be more important, we'll always be bigger and what we've done will always be better because it was done properly. It makes them sick but it's the truth. Absolute fantasists.

I genuinely can't wait until its all put out there and that smug @#%&! Pep and his little smirk is first out the door, off to anywhere that can gift wrap him a few more trophies.

Unread 17-01-2024, 10:16 AM
Whip Hubley

Pep will be off long before any serious punishments are laid at their doorstep.

Unread 17-01-2024, 10:21 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Pep will be off long before any serious punishments are laid at their doorstep.
Yep, carrying his big bag of cash from his non-declared, golden handcuff payments.

Unread 17-01-2024, 12:19 PM
AK14

Not sure if already posted

Thread…

Unread 17-01-2024, 02:03 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I was out over Xmas with a blue mate of mine…childhood friend, smashing lad, and we had a good old debate about the city situation. My views are very well represented by posts earlier this evening by sparky, maggers, whippers and Keith therefore I won’t regurgitate my side of the conversation, but my mates main points were;

* the whole thing is driven by the “jealousy” of united, Liverpool and Arsenal who resent “little city” gatecrashing an elite club

* city are innocent until proven guilty….and the lawyers they will hire will present such a strong case that even if guilty they will be found innocent

* even IF city are found guilty and stripped of titles and cups, city fans still have the “memories” of the past few years to live off. When I pointed out these will be tarnished memories, he simply said “not bothered”

I got the distinct impression city fans know the game is up, but are still hopeful that (a) they can buy their way out of this mess, or (b) the premier league can’t hammer city because they are (his words not mine) a prized asset which promotes the product worldwide. He wouldn’t accept my explanation that it’s united and Liverpool who draw in huge TV audiences both at home and abroad, not City

I suppose my point is that city fans who are absolutely sound lads when discussing politics, music or just about anything become £#%&!ing loons when city are mentioned
And therein lies the problem with people. Ego trumps truth every time. They invest in a club, therefore that club represents them, therefore it's them in the dock, not City, and they'll use every trick in the book to argue/justify themselves out of it.

There's no way on God's green earth that, deep down, they don't know what their club has done; same with Chelsea supporters. We all knew that there was no chance this new breed of owners - the global players - intended to abide by the rules, and now those chickens have come home to roost.

Unread 17-01-2024, 02:28 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Not sure if already posted

Thread…

https://x.com/sportingintel/status/1...A3dB-7-ot5Dfuw
Good read that

Unread 17-01-2024, 03:02 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
And therein lies the problem with people. Ego trumps truth every time. They invest in a club, therefore that club represents them, therefore it's them in the dock, not City, and they'll use every trick in the book to argue/justify themselves out of it.

There's no way on God's green earth that, deep down, they don't know what their club has done; same with Chelsea supporters. We all knew that there was no chance this new breed of owners - the global players - intended to abide by the rules, and now those chickens have come home to roost.
When Abramovich took over Chelsea, one of the guys I was working with was a Chelsea fan. He was fairly pragmatic about it. He knew how it was going to go & it would go tits up in the end. But he said there's £#%&! all could be done about it so he might as well enjoy it while he could.

Unread 17-01-2024, 04:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty

They know what they're club is doing and has done. Same with Newcastle. All they have is whataboutery and false equivalence.

They'll try and boil the argument down to "but what about when you lot spent money" etc etc. Claiming it's the same thing. Everyone knows it isn't and only a £#%&!ing chromosome deficient fool would try it - but it's all they've got.

The other thing they then latch onto is that there's a cabal of clubs that control everything and the governing bodies are all "corrupt". Even though they're only applying the laws that their club willingly signed up to and voted for. It's the last refuge of an idiot.

Unread 17-01-2024, 04:24 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
They know what they're club is doing and has done. Same with Newcastle. All they have is whataboutery and false equivalence.

They'll try and boil the argument down to "but what about when you lot spent money" etc etc. Claiming it's the same thing. Everyone knows it isn't and only a £#%&!ing chromosome deficient fool would try it - but it's all they've got.

The other thing they then latch onto is that there's a cabal of clubs that control everything and the governing bodies are all "corrupt". Even though they're only applying the laws that their club willingly signed up to and voted for. It's the last refuge of an idiot.
Their support (City & Newcastle) are the Trump voters of football fans.

Unread 17-01-2024, 10:58 PM
Zorg

Quote:

They also love to pretend that back in the day, Ferguson spent massive fortunes on players while poor liddle siddy didn't spend a penny.

In reality, they spent more on Keith Curle and Terry Phelan than Ferguson did on Schmeichel, Cantona, Hughes and Kanchelskis put together.

Unread 17-01-2024, 11:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
They also love to pretend that back in the day, Ferguson spent massive fortunes on players while poor liddle siddy didn't spend a penny.

In reality, they spent more on Keith Curle and Terry Phelan than Ferguson did on Schmeichel, Cantona, Hughes and Kanchelskis put together.
oh yeah that's a popular lie that Man Utd "outspent everyone in the 90s" which is why we were so successful. Absolute horse shit of course that even a cursory glance at transfer records will show but don't let that get in the way of a good old lie.

Unread 18-01-2024, 10:03 AM
Sheik JaBooty

The thing I don't get though is this blatant disregard for the game itself. This is not just their club, it's their game, so why don't they give a shit about it? As little history as they have, they still have some, and this lot are pissing all over it, so why don't they care?

Maybe it's rose-tinted, but I think if it were our owners doing this, we wouldn't be making these excuses for them. If it was just unproven he-said, she-said stuff ok, but they're bang to £#%&!ing rights.

Unread 18-01-2024, 10:12 AM
Denis Irwell

Rose tinted/deluded glasses on here but:

Isn’t “precedent “ crucial in legalese? … and could the authorities be creating just that with Everton/Forest ?

Are the media keeping quiet, not just they get posh butties but because they also aren’t wild about every season becoming a forgone conclusion and not really headline worthy?

Thought not

Unread 18-01-2024, 09:13 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's funny how they've always called us plastic too. Manufactured

Look at them, a big £#%&! all of a club. Nobody cared. Now they're winning, nobody's really arsed when they win the league because for us, at least its not Liverpool. Every other team in the land just thinks "they've bought that, not arsed" - it's that that does them. You listen to City fans talking and EVERYONE is jealous of them. No, people don't like blatant cheating but nobody's upset because City have won the league. Liverpool winning it gives me the genuine fear, but not them. So what?

The illusions they've created for how others feel towards them are nearly as deluded as their opinion that they deserve this. Don't tell us you've always been there, through anything and everything when you've knocked up a crowd of 3007. Everything about the @#%&!s is a myth. They've always been known as the Liars. Every myth they've created has been debunked. There's more City fans in Manchester when there's actual statistical proof that more season tickets are sold to United fans. Even when they put forward gate figures of a record attendance, there were gaps everywhere at the Etihad. It's all bullshit. The amazing thing is though, none of them can actually acknowledge reality. United will always be more important, we'll always be bigger and what we've done will always be better because it was done properly. It makes them sick but it's the truth. Absolute fantasists.

I genuinely can't wait until its all put out there and that smug @#%&! Pep and his little smirk is first out the door, off to anywhere that can gift wrap him a few more trophies.
Even one of my uncle's of whom happens to be a goonor said about a decade ago that cITY will always be in United's shadow as long as they have got a hole in their bum & no amount of silverware bought under dodgy curcumstances will ever change that & this was long before those 115 charges against cITY we're bought to the public's attention!

Unread 19-01-2024, 04:33 PM
GeorgeWickstaff

Reports have quoted City management as saying that they would rather spend £50 million every single year on legal representation than admit to any wrongdoing. Ever.

That is in a nutshell is what your average lesser spotted City fan smugly accepts. They have so much money and so much legal power that no one can really ever hope to compete with them.

Unread 19-01-2024, 05:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWickstaff
Reports have quoted City management as saying that they would rather spend £50 million every single year on legal representation than admit to any wrongdoing. Ever.

That is in a nutshell is what your average lesser spotted City fan smugly accepts. They have so much money and so much legal power that no one can really ever hope to compete with them.
Anyone expecting some 'day of reckoning' where they're punished/stripped of titles and/or relegated is going be bitterly disappointed.

They have enough power, wealth and influence to tie the whole process up in knots until the £#%&!ing cows come home. They are untouchable. And that's something the premier league are going to have to live with now - that they have a club who have no respect for them or their rules and they can't even punish them.

Unread 19-01-2024, 07:34 PM
lztom

Quote:
Anyone expecting some 'day of reckoning' where they're punished/stripped of titles and/or relegated is going be bitterly disappointed.

They have enough power, wealth and influence to tie the whole process up in knots until the £#%&!ing cows come home. They are untouchable. And that's something the premier league are going to have to live with now - that they have a club who have no respect for them or their rules and they can't even punish them.
Totally agree, not least how thoroughly they have intertwined themselves with Manchester City Council as “excellent business partners”.