United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2022, 06:13 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Question Old Trafford redevelopment email

Anyone recieved their's and filled it in?
Took £#%&!ing ages.
Hopefully this is the actual start and not the Glazers just fobbing us off.

Unread 13-07-2022, 06:18 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Took £#%&!ing ages.
What were they asking?

Unread 13-07-2022, 06:19 PM
Tommy M

Quote:
Took £#%&!ing ages.
Yeah, filled it in.

Would say it`s only the same old lip service from the club.
We will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
What were they asking?
Everything , including would you visit a fan zone .

Also important things like if you go for a meal before or after the game
where do you eat City Centre , Salford Quays etc

Unread 13-07-2022, 06:44 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Seemed pretty in depth.
The main thing that stuck out to me was if Old Trafford couldn't be redeveloped into a state of an art stadium would I support a new stadium being built on the same site? Seems to me that this could be in the offing. If they could redevelop it along the lines of what Madrid and Barca are doing I would 100% prefer that. If it did have to be built from scratch its imperative that it's still at the same site. That's just my opinion.

Unread 13-07-2022, 07:31 PM
Tommy M

Quote:
Seemed pretty in depth.
The main thing that stuck out to me was if Old Trafford couldn't be redeveloped into a state of an art stadium would I support a new stadium being built on the same site? Seems to me that this could be in the offing. If they could redevelop it along the lines of what Madrid and Barca are doing I would 100% prefer that. If it did have to be built from scratch its imperative that it's still at the same site. That's just my opinion.

Yeah i could live with a new stadium as long as it`s on the same site but i assume that they would build a bigger capacity stadium, therefore i`m sure they would increase ticket prices which only favours the tourists and day trippers.

Not going to happen but i would like a big area designated only for youngsters and teenagers , pay on the gate even with a cheap admission price, OT needs to become affordable again for local youngsters.
Old Trafford needs livening up, the average age of are season ticket holders is 55

Unread 13-07-2022, 07:39 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy M
Yeah i could live with a new stadium as long as it`s on the same site but i assume that they would build a bigger capacity stadium, therefore i`m sure they would increase ticket prices which only favours the tourists and day trippers.

Not going to happen but i would like a big area designated only for youngsters and teenagers , pay on the gate even with a cheap admission price, OT needs to become affordable again for local youngsters.
Old Trafford needs livening up, the average age of are season ticket holders is 55
Not far off word for word what I responded

Unread 13-07-2022, 08:17 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy M

Agree with every word and I’ve been saying the same for decades. We all used to be able to pay on the gate and stand where we wanted (as long as you got there at 1:30) so the stretty was always full of kids and teenagers. It’s literally the life blood of our support.

We’ve had a lazy clueless policy for years which actively discouraged local and young fans which is nothing short of a disgrace. Hopefully the youth cup final last season. will make them wake up. Otherwise, it’s a slow death.

I didn’t receive any email I don’t think

Unread 13-07-2022, 08:31 PM
avocado

Got it but not been through it yet. If they are moving the bulldozers in does it specify if it is the stadium only or does it include the team?

Unread 13-07-2022, 11:22 PM
armchair

So the etihad for a season while they rebuilt?

I'd vote redevelopment. It's much more challenging to do but "Old Trafford" is a big brand in its own right.

Unread 14-07-2022, 06:35 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
So the etihad for a season while they rebuilt?

I'd vote redevelopment. It's much more challenging to do but "Old Trafford" is a big brand in its own right.
Think there will be enough space to build a new stadium on the car park / Ticket office without knocking OT down first. Still think they'll go for the cheapest option myself.

Unread 14-07-2022, 07:10 AM
The taste of...

The club is the ongoing legend of the unfinished work of the babes.

Every trophy since, especially big ears.

Leave the spot they played on? Nah.

Unread 14-07-2022, 07:47 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
The club is the ongoing legend of the unfinished work of the babes.

Every trophy since, especially big ears.

Leave the spot they played on? Nah.
This isn’t having a pop but I think this kind of sentimentality will die with age. Personally having watched them from the late 70’s onwards, this wouldn’t really concern me. I suspect later generations even more so.

Unread 14-07-2022, 08:28 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Agree with every word and I’ve been saying the same for decades. We all used to be able to pay on the gate and stand where we wanted (as long as you got there at 1:30) so the stretty was always full of kids and teenagers. It’s literally the life blood of our support.

We’ve had a lazy clueless policy for years which actively discouraged local and young fans which is nothing short of a disgrace. Hopefully the youth cup final last season. will make them wake up. Otherwise, it’s a slow death.

I didn’t receive any email I don’t think
100%. One of the worst things about the PL / no standing was the loss of the Club's youth support due to being priced out / advanced purchase etc. I went to the Youth Cup final and you could see how much it meant to be able to go to a game. I wonder what percentage at a home game are teenagers.

Unread 14-07-2022, 08:36 AM
Seamus

United just ticking boxes like they are looking like they are preparing to do something and they are engaging with the fans. Dont fall for that crap

Unread 14-07-2022, 09:32 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
United just ticking boxes like they are looking like they are preparing to do something and they are engaging with the fans. Dont fall for that crap
I'm very sceptical myself but it's the hope that kills you
What I wouldn't give for a fully refurbished 90k+ OT.

Unread 14-07-2022, 09:42 AM
Seamus

that new fans liaison will have sent it out to look busy over the Summer.

Unread 14-07-2022, 09:45 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
that new fans liaison will have sent it out to look busy over the Summer.
Ooh ahh Rick McGagh.

Unread 14-07-2022, 09:51 AM
Seamus

Thumbs down

the club just looking to be doing the right thing

Unread 14-07-2022, 09:56 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
This.

How would we realistically finance a new stadium on top of the debt?

We’ll end up getting £3 hot dogs.

Unread 14-07-2022, 09:57 AM
Dasilvatwins

Filled it in. Mainly went on about making it a bit more modern with improving atmosphere and stands.

Sseemed like they’ll push some sort of permanent fan zone. ngl , I didn’t care for much of that. Just knock it down and rebuild it up . They asked about the standing section too which I think will be a good addition

(Or it’s a tick box exercise for them so they can say they reached out to fans and naturally give it a paint job and £#%&! all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
This.

How would we realistically finance a new stadium on top of the debt?

We’ll end up getting £3 hot dogs.
I mean if they REALLY wanted to the club is big enough and operates financially enough to take a big loan out. It’s possible , whether they do it or not is another matter. But I can be done.

500-–600 million should do it. Paying back 20 million a year etc etc
Closed Thread