United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Sparky***

Default *Official Match Thread* - Newcastle United v Manchester United 8pm 02.01.2019

Newcastle defender Federico Fernandez suffered a hip injury at Watford and will be assessed, while Ciaran Clark remains a doubt with an ankle problem.

Ki Sung-yeung is away at the Asian Cup but Jonjo Shelvey made his return from injury as a substitute at the weekend.

Manchester United forward Alexis Sanchez has recovered from a hamstring injury and will be involved for the first time since 24 November.

Eric Bailly is suspended, while Chris Smalling and Marcos Rojo remain out.

Marcus Rashford should be fit despite limping off against Bournemouth.

Unread 02-01-2019, 03:44 PM
redhegemony

where's the vbet and vbet specials?

Unread 02-01-2019, 04:11 PM
General Woundwort

The Geordies still hate OGS for hacking down Rob Lee over 20 years ago. I hope we absolutely stuff them and then he walks off past their main stand in a dignified and gentlemanly fashion, eschewing any kind of gestures that make the victory all about him.

Unread 02-01-2019, 04:18 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
The Geordies still hate OGS for hacking down Rob Lee over 20 years ago. I hope we absolutely stuff them and then he walks off past their main stand in a dignified and gentlemanly fashion, eschewing any kind of gestures that make the victory all about him.
Hope he hacks down one of their subs running on

Unread 02-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Jethro

£#%&!, do I ever want Ole to out master Benitez

Unread 02-01-2019, 04:22 PM
Sparky***

Got a feeling it could go a bit pear shaped tonight.

This lot always seem to turn up against us and that Rondon is exactly the type of bully-boy, physical centre forward that we'll make look 10x better than he actually is.

I genuinely hope our extra quality will shine through but i have absolutely no faith in our defence to hold out against even mild scrutiny. We concede a shocking amount of goals from set piece situations and a manager like Benitez will know that.

Don't be surprised to see Newcastle's goalkeeper and defence to have the game of their lives.

Unread 02-01-2019, 04:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

This lot always seem to turn up against us and that Rondon is exactly the type of bully-boy, physical centre forward that we'll make look 10x better than he actually is.

I genuinely hope our extra quality will shine through but i have absolutely no faith in our defence to hold out against even mild scrutiny. We concede a shocking amount of goals from set piece situations and a manager like Benitez will know that.

Don't be surprised to see Newcastle's goalkeeper and defence to have the game of their lives.
Yep, getting the same feeling myself tbh.

Our defence is still shite so our forwards will have to be clinical tonight.

Unread 02-01-2019, 04:27 PM
ScarFace

Lets hope Sanchez rises from the dead under Ole

so we can sell him in the summer

Unread 02-01-2019, 04:28 PM
silv

Quote:

Thats good enough for me!

5-0 United

Unread 02-01-2019, 04:33 PM
Sapien

Quote:

(Lost count of the number of times I've responded to your posts with this gif tbh )

Unread 02-01-2019, 05:05 PM
red in cumbria

Said after the Bournemouth match that this will be Ole's most difficult assignment thus far, the above comments are IMO well founded.

Win this one and we really might be going somewhere

Unread 02-01-2019, 05:12 PM
saffers

Quote:

They may be set up well by Benitez but they are talentwise not all that.

Play with the same intent and spirit as the last few games and we'll surely get a couple of goals or three. I can see us getting 3 or 4, I can't see them doing that. Even 2 would be a stretch imo, i know we're weak at the back this year but they don't have a lot of goals in them this Newcastle side.

Unread 02-01-2019, 05:23 PM
AnthonyMartial

Would start mata and Dalot over young and Lingard.

3-0 at half time then take matic off.

Unread 02-01-2019, 05:36 PM
TheNew

Sparky, anywhere in Shoreditch to watch this that won't be full of @#%&!s? Yhgr in advance.

Unread 02-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Sparky, anywhere in Shoreditch to watch this that won't be full of @#%&!s? Yhgr in advance.
No mate. Shore ditch is ground zero for them

Unread 02-01-2019, 05:49 PM
TheNew

Quote:
No mate. Shore ditch is ground zero for them
FFS. Yhgr anyway.

Unread 02-01-2019, 06:02 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Big sweaty benitez will be treating this like a world cup final. He's so fat.

Unread 02-01-2019, 06:08 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Big sweaty benitez will be treating this like a world cup final. He's so fat.

Unread 02-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Jack Duckworth

3 nil united

Unread 02-01-2019, 06:16 PM
puressence

If Shelvey plays expect a zidane like performance still fancy us strongly 1-4 desperate to see Sanchez play