United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2015, 12:42 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs down Tony Pulis

"David Moyes didn't get it (time), but Louis has, most probably on the basis he has been successful at bigger clubs. He's won major titles at bigger clubs. He's earned it by what he's done elsewhere, that's a fact of life."

Moyes was sacked this time last year, so LVG has had exactly the same amount of time. Less if you want to be pedantic and point out how he only joined us late after the world cup.

Dick.

Unread 01-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Lok

Pulis' statement is a very fair one.

LvG has earned a chance at United, Moyes didn't. I doubt anyone sane would argue otherwise.

Unread 01-05-2015, 12:48 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

LvG has earned a chance at United, Moyes didn't. I doubt anyone sane would argue otherwise.

Not really. The whole basis of his argument is that he's been granted more time than Moyes. Which he hasn't.

Unread 01-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Not really. The whole basis of his argument is that he's been granted more time than Moyes. Which he hasn't.
Doesn't look like he's making an argument. It looks like he's stating why LvG will be given more time than Moyes.

Unread 01-05-2015, 12:51 PM
dodger

Quote:
Well he's very unlikely to be sacked before this time next year so I'd say he has been given more time.
However Pulis is also ignoring the fact that Van Gizzle has done better, in every way, than Moyes too.

Unread 01-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Billy Redface

"David didn't get it (time), but Louis has"

Not 'will be'.

Ofcourse, we know he will be, but this suggestion has been floating around all season. Whenever we've underperformed the comparisons with Moyes have been out in reference to him getting sacked........but that only happened in April.

Moyes got til April, at which point were 7th and getting worse and worse with each week and was mathematically out of CL football. Under LVG, we are 4th and getting better all the time.

That's why he's here now and will remain beyond this year. If we were 7th and spiralling, he would have been sacked too. Both men had the same remit and the only thing LVG's reputation earned him was the job in the first place.

Unread 01-05-2015, 12:56 PM
jem

so, just to be clear.... van gaal is getting more time because he has a record of success which suggests it is worth giving him more time, not to mention actually doing better at united with the time he has had so far? the world has gone mad.

the real question is "how the £#%&! did anyone think moyes would ever be anything approaching adequate, given that he is a sad-faced, unimaginative, gutless, dour loser?" £#%&!ing stick together club of managers.

Quote:
"David didn't get it (time), but Louis has"

Not 'will be'.

he has been given more time. he just hasn't used it yet.

Unread 01-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
"David Moyes didn't get it (time), but Louis has, most probably on the basis he has been successful at bigger clubs. He's won major titles at bigger clubs. He's earned it by what he's done elsewhere, that's a fact of life."

Moyes was sacked this time last year, so LVG has had exactly the same amount of time. Less if you want to be pedantic and point out how he only joined us late after the world cup.

Dick.
Non story... Garb garb wicky wicky warp

Unread 01-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Crumps

He is the Raven

Unread 01-05-2015, 02:16 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
No need for us to be with you here with your Letts diary and stopwatch.

We all get the point Pulis is making. Well, all of us minus you. Try and look at the bigger strategic picture William.

Unread 01-05-2015, 02:25 PM
HERTS_RED

Another Moyes thread

YHBR

Unread 01-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Tiberian

The 2 worst seasons from Utd in the last 20 years, but you trust LVG because of his history and the financial backing he is likely to receive. The gradual improvements over the season encourage hope for the future as well

Moyes was never the right man for Utd, he did not need more time to prove it, had my doubts after all his crying about the tough fixture list before his season even started. There was little to suggest that he was capable of dealing with the pressure and the ego's of a top club, and so it proved.

Unread 01-05-2015, 02:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The 2 worst seasons from Utd in the last 20 years, but you trust LVG because of his history and the financial backing he is likely to receive. The gradual improvements over the season encourage hope for the future as well

Moyes was never the right man for Utd, he did not need more time to prove it, had my doubts after all his crying about the tough fixture list before his season even started. There was little to suggest that he was capable of dealing with the pressure and the ego's of a top club, and so it proved.
And that's the point. Moyes wasn't sacked because his previous record didn't warrant time, his face didn't fit, or because the club wanted instant success, he was fired because it was impossible to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The club was sinking into a mudpit of negativity. Something had to be done, and quick, because it was only going to get worse.

Unread 01-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Shooter McGavin

LVG has more points now than Moyes and Giggs managed between them in 38 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

It doesn't address the beatings we took with Moyes in charge.

Unread 01-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
No need for us to be with you here with your Letts diary and stopwatch.

We all get the point Pulis is making. Well, all of us minus you. Try and look at the bigger strategic picture William.

oooh, you don't like me do ya pal?

Telling me last week that I bring nothing to the forum and now apparently I've missed Pulis's point.....which clearly I haven't.

If I were Throb, I'd be really upset.

Unread 01-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

homegrown manager in sympathetic views on another homegrown manager shocker.

Unread 01-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
Another Moyes thread

YHBR

It's more a Pulis and Lvg thread.....just a shame the Moyes bit stands out because he's so unfathomably shit.

Unread 01-05-2015, 03:27 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
oooh, you don't like me do ya pal?

Telling me last week that I bring nothing to the forum and now apparently I've missed Pulis's point.....which clearly I haven't.

If I were Throb, I'd be really upset.
So glad I've touched a nerve.

Oh, and If you were Throb you'd be an improvement.

Unread 01-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Touched a nerve

Thank again for your input. I'll certainly consider it during my next post.

Unread 01-05-2015, 03:45 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:

Jesus that is brutal.
Closed Thread