United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2015, 04:47 PM
MagnificentSeven

i don't really see what the issue is with what he's said, pretty much everything there is right.

Unread 01-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Semantic Lisp

specifically on the question of time, moyes first came under huge pressure - from outside the club, at least - in the first week of january. one of the big things in his favour was that the CL knock-outs were on the horizon.

by the end of the first week in january he had 34 points. this season LVG had 36pts but no such pressure, even with no CL knock-out ties on the horizon - though obviously not LVG's fault

as soon as United were knocked out of the CL last season, and after letting him take United back to Everton, the axe fell. so Pulis' point is a fair one. thank you and good day

Unread 01-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i don't really see what the issue is with what he's said, pretty much everything there is right.
he's said LVG has been given more time because of his reputation. which isn't true. he's done better than moyes and is set to meet the season's expectation. moyes didn't. very simple really and to suggest it's instead his reputation instead seems a bit dismissive of what LVG is actually doing.

His overall comments aren't so bad.....but the bit I've pointed out is the bit I took issue with. If it's not LVG stumbling across the right answer, it's his reputation affording him more time (even though he hasn't had more time at this point) . any excuse to deflect praise from him.

Unread 01-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Doctor Hver

The real reason moyes was sacked is because he banned chips.

(i'm yealling)

Unread 01-05-2015, 05:44 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
he's said LVG has been given more time because of his reputation. which isn't true. he's done better than moyes and is set to meet the season's expectation. moyes didn't. very simple really and to suggest it's instead his reputation instead seems a bit dismissive of what LVG is actually doing.

His overall comments aren't so bad.....but the bit I've pointed out is the bit I took issue with. If it's not LVG stumbling across the right answer, it's his reputation affording him more time (even though he hasn't had more time at this point) . any excuse to deflect praise from him.
to be fair, there's probably something in the board having a lot of faith and trust in van gaal based on what he's achieved, despite some of the atrocious results we've had this season.

Unread 01-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
to be fair, there's probably something in the board having a lot of faith and trust in van gaal based on what he's achieved, despite some of the atrocious results we've had this season.
sure.

He was hired because of what he's done and what he has done provided a little more optimism in his tougher parts of the season than they did in Moyes. .....but they'd have counted for nothing if we were in the same position as last year at this point.
Closed Thread