United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Sloane

Default Re: What one player would improve the team?

michel platini or damien duff. wouldnt mind either, pretty smiliar tbh

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:03 PM
eddie_red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
michel platini or damien duff. wouldnt mind either, pretty smiliar tbh
They probably are now tbf.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mascherano?
forgot about that @#%&!

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:05 PM
rebelcountyred

Pig sticker

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up Re: What one player would improve the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Were you in a coma throughout last season, then?
pretty much, yes.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
pretty much, yes.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Another vote for De Rossi. He's very good at football. We should buy him.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Coracao

Not many players about who play regularly in a 4-4-2 in the middle of the park. Sneijder doesn't either, although we may be able to get away with it against the majority of the weaker sides in the league. That would require his partner to be in top form though. Arguably, another player would need to be bought to actually partner him...

Schweinsteiger would be a better buy for United, but I can't see that happening either.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Big Norm

Schweinsteiger.

Can pass, tackle, shoot and get box to box all day long.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:25 PM
The Watcher

If we're talking about realistic targets, then I think Niko Kranjcar is worth considering. Quality footballer, good age and not getting games at Spurs.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
If we're talking about realistic targets, then I think Niko Kranjcar is worth considering. Quality footballer, good age and not getting games at Spurs.
I wouldn't be against that. We'll probably end up having to buy them a stadium to get him though.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Coracao

Quote:
He wouldn't get in our team though. Slight problem considering the thread title

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
that is proper value

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I wouldn't be against that. We'll probably end up having to buy them a stadium to get him though.
Brown envelope with used notes in down the back of the cistern should do it.

`Arry loves a deal, innit?

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not many players about who play regularly in a 4-4-2 in the middle of the park. Sneijder doesn't either, although we may be able to get away with it against the majority of the weaker sides in the league. That would require his partner to be in top form though. Arguably, another player would need to be bought to actually partner him...

Schweinsteiger would be a better buy for United, but I can't see that happening either.
sneijeder could work well in a diamond for us though, with shweinsteiger in there as well

sneijder could also work well when ferguson sets out to try and keep a back two (or three), with the full-back(s) pushed right on.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
sneijeder could work well in a diamond for us though, with shweinsteiger in there as well

sneijder could also work well when ferguson sets out to try and keep a back two (or three), with the full-back(s) pushed right on.
We have some very good wingers, wouldn't want to see us playing a diamond tbh.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:39 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
He wouldn't get in our team though.
If jokers like Gibson can play for us in European Cup quarter finals...

I think a decision has to be made on what sort of shape we're going to play with before any midfield purchases (yea right ) are made. The (decent) ones we have and the most obviously available almost all work better in the 3. However, Berbatov is pretty shite up front on his own. Now there's talk of him getting a contract extension, so you have to wonder what direction we'll be taking. As it is, our current midfield options simply don't complement our best striker particularly well.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
We have some very good wingers, wouldn't want to see us playing a diamond tbh.
true. although - at the risk of over-complicating the topic a touch - most of the wide players we use can play narrow, and the full-backs (evra and rafael - and fabio) can play narrow or wide when pushed on. it is an option, and there have been glimpses already this season (not including southampton away btw)

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
true. although - at the risk of over-complicating the topic a touch - most of the wide players we use can play narrow, and the full-backs (evra and rafael - and fabio) can play narrow or wide when pushed on. it is an option, and there have been glimpses already this season (not including southampton away btw)
I think you'd be placing a huge amount of work on the other player in the formation. May be less of a problem if you have a peak Roy Keane, unfortunately we don't. Neither does anyone else though tbf.

Unread 15-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Coracao

Quote:
If jokers like Gibson can play for us in European Cup quarter finals...

I think a decision has to be made on what sort of shape we're going to play with before any midfield purchases (yea right ) are made. The (decent) ones we have and the most obviously available almost all work better in the 3. However, Berbatov is pretty shite up front on his own. Now there's talk of him getting a contract extension, so you have to wonder what direction we'll be taking. As it is, our current midfield options simply don't complement our best striker particularly well.
I think one of our strengths in recent years has been our ability to adapt to different formations. Not sure this will be something that Fergie will look to discard.
Closed Thread