United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:16 PM
WarwickRoad

Default Giggs, Scholes and Neville

I realise that this is my first post, but don't hold that against me.

I have always considered myself blessed to have watched great (and not so great) United teams over the past 40 years, and in particular the fact that I was able to enjoy watching Best, Law and Charlton play. I consider myself equally fortunate to have witnessed the likes of Whiteside, Robson, Keane, Cantona and Ronaldo - the list could go on.

I would like, however, to raise a glass to the "New Triumvirate" - Giggs, Scholes and Neville - and ask you to reflect on how fortunate we all are to have seen these home-grown players develop from their youth to the latter stages of their careers. Today saw two of them turn in outstanding performances and I hope that some of our support, both at OT and on the various United forums, are suitably embarrassed by their fickle comments.

Scholes, Giggs and Neville represent everything that is good about United - loyalty, dedication, commitment, skill, hunger, attitude, professionalism - they are born winners but also humble and off the pitch mostly private individuals. Again .. I feel blessed.

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:19 PM
TreeFiddy

Nice first post mate.

You're already a better poster than lots on here.

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:22 PM
bobbledinho

Well said that man.

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Nice first post mate.

You're already a better poster than lots on here.
WarwickRoad>Magic_Cantona.

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Camel

they will go down in history as utd legends. all three.

The Mull

Well played W.R............................Welcome to the CrownGreeners

borsuk

eh? £#%&! off unless you've got something nasty to say about them.

good first post, mate. some of the knee-jerk criticism of neville was embarrassing. taken him a while to get back to his normal level but his experience and nous is a cracking bonus for us for the second half of the season. and as for giggs... unique. what a player.

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

You can add lots of names to that list but I don't want to offend anyone.

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Stickman

Warwick Road > Stickman

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarwickRoad

I have always considered myself blessed to have watched great (and not so great) United teams over the past 40 years, and in particular the fact that I was able to enjoy watching Best, Law and Charlton play. I consider myself equally fortunate to have witnessed the likes of Whiteside, Robson, Keane, Cantona and Ronaldo - the list could go on.

I would like, however, to raise a glass to the "New Triumvirate" - Giggs, Scholes and Neville - and ask you to reflect on how fortunate we all are to have seen these home-grown players develop from their youth to the latter stages of their careers. Today saw two of them turn in outstanding performances and I hope that some of our support, both at OT and on the various United forums, are suitably embarrassed by their fickle comments.

Scholes, Giggs and Neville represent everything that is good about United - loyalty, dedication, commitment, skill, hunger, attitude, professionalism - they are born winners but also humble and off the pitch mostly private individuals. Again .. I feel blessed.
Agreed. All loyal servants and it's an honour to have seen them come in young, develop in to fine players and now see them on their respective home straights. It seems only Madrid can come close in Europe to having players like that who aren't in it for the money, but genuinely want to be the bes tthey can be. To see Neville celebrating today tells you everything you need to know about his priorities, not that we didnt already know. Those three represent true class in a game filled with Jermain Defoes.

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:28 PM
thatsfuctit

Nice post dude - weren;t they all on the bench together the other week and i thought, £#%&! there's about 1500 first team matches between that lot, will we see that again?

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Bunker Buster

We give them shit like a 'Ginger Step-Child'....... Learning ballet........

they embarrass us sometimes.........But ...Were so proud and don't want it to end.......

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:31 PM
SilverSurfer

Well, that was a terrible first post. Calm, measured thoughts and flawless spelling and punctuation won't get you far on here, I can tell you.

Couldn't agree more with the sentiment. Was only thinking about these three today after reading the Charlton piece in the Observer. One day Sir Bobby, an impeccable ambassador for the club, will step back but I'm sure the baton of what the club stands for will pass on to these guys. You're right that we've been blessed, it could be a generation before others like them come along.

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:31 PM
The Trooper

hear hear!!!!

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Warwick Road > Giggs, Scholes & Neville.

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM
koppas

Good first post. Lack of smileys let you down though.

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:42 PM
WarwickRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Warwick Road > Stickman
Made me laugh

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Stalking is a crime.

Tree Fiddy..... £#%&! you, you @#%&!!!

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
it could be a generation before others like them come along.
Probably never, considering they're all mancs. Add Brown in too and that's four local lads in the first team of Europe's top team. Nobody else comes close.

Unread 11-01-2009, 09:49 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarwickRoad

Warmest welcome ever extended to a new member and for good reason. Very good post mate.
Closed Thread