United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2020, 08:33 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Madrid have got Marcelo and Ferland Mendy, that’s why they want him on loan somewhere, but they need cash and Spurs have bent over for them. Unless he turns out to be utter shit, he’ll be back in Madrid when Marcelo leaves.
Exactly. If he's good, it's effectively a loan. If he's shit spurs are stuck with him. Awful business.

Unread 16-09-2020, 08:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Let it go lads......

Unread 16-09-2020, 09:17 PM
bosskeano

lol...we could effectively see Reguilon and Bale both go to Spurs and we don't get Sancho

Unread 16-09-2020, 09:19 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
lol...we could effectively see Reguilon and Bale both go to Spurs and we don't get Sancho
Lol

Unread 16-09-2020, 11:14 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The best full backs in our league are all british anyway
Ricardo Pereira and Lucas Digne says that statement is bullshit

Unread 17-09-2020, 06:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Ricardo Pereira and Lucas Digne says that statement is bullshit
Digne .... he's crap mate. A couple of nice free kicks but he's a defensive liability.

Unread 17-09-2020, 06:30 AM
Bobda

Mourinho is going to milk Levy dry isn't he.
The Penfold looking #@&%! has done pretty well over the years, he's massively rolling the dice now though.

Unread 17-09-2020, 07:01 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobda
Mourinho is going to milk Levy dry isn't he.
The Penfold looking #@&%! has done pretty well over the years, he's massively rolling the dice now though.
You watch them play, you watch the Doc and it just seems like classic (current) Mourinho.

They looked jaded and uninspired at the weekend. Like we did towards the end.

His answers is loans for 31 year olds and selling their arse to Madrid for a left back.

The get out clause for him has always been that he's a winner, but even that is fading fast. I don't expect him to win anything at Spurs. He's still a good 'match play' manager. He can tactically squeeze a result out of a team against the odds, but the way he sets his teams up and his overall 'vision' really does seem archaic now and totally at odds with Spurs and Levy.

It seemed like a panic appointment, just like our hiring of him did. And Chelsea's. His last 3 appointments have been off the back of a panicked response.

Of course, the press will spin it that 'spurs beat united to Bale/Regulion' but it seems like we've rightly not wanted anything to do with those kinds of deals in those kinds of terms and we're moving away from all that.

Good.

Unread 17-09-2020, 08:53 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Digne .... he's crap mate. A couple of nice free kicks but he's a defensive liability.
We're watching different players then, every time I've watched him he has been defensively sound, don't see him get skinned, doesn't dive in to tackles and excellent going forward

Unread 17-09-2020, 08:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
We're watching different players then, every time I've watched him he has been defensively sound, don't see him get skinned, doesn't dive in to tackles and excellent going forward
Fair enough. Haven't seen the same when I've seen him, but maybe I've just caught him on bad days.

Unread 17-09-2020, 01:22 PM
utd99

Quote:

Of course, the press will spin it that 'spurs beat united to Bale/Regulion' but it seems like we've rightly not wanted anything to do with those kinds of deals in those kinds of terms and we're moving away from all that.

Good.
That’s all well and good but, with the season already underway, I wouldn’t mind seeing us get through some of the deals we do want to do.

Unread 17-09-2020, 01:31 PM
BarryX

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That’s all well and good but, with the season already underway, I wouldn’t mind seeing us get through some of the deals we do want to do.
That's what getting to me, tbh. Every point is vital and any new player (Bruno aside) should really be given a decent amount of time to get used to the players surrounding them. Obvious point, really, but points mean prizes, which mean more money.

Unread 17-09-2020, 01:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
That's what getting to me, tbh. Every point is vital and any new player (Bruno aside) should really be given a decent amount of time to get used to the players surrounding them. Obvious point, really, but points mean prizes, which mean more money.
In normal circumstances yes, but these lads haven't really had a break this season, there's still weeks left of the international window and more on the home window....

It's different this year, less money, less time, more red tape....

Unread 17-09-2020, 01:47 PM
Bobda

Quote:
You watch them play, you watch the Doc and it just seems like classic (current) Mourinho.

They looked jaded and uninspired at the weekend. Like we did towards the end.

His answers is loans for 31 year olds and selling their arse to Madrid for a left back.

The get out clause for him has always been that he's a winner, but even that is fading fast. I don't expect him to win anything at Spurs. He's still a good 'match play' manager. He can tactically squeeze a result out of a team against the odds, but the way he sets his teams up and his overall 'vision' really does seem archaic now and totally at odds with Spurs and Levy.

It seemed like a panic appointment, just like our hiring of him did. And Chelsea's. His last 3 appointments have been off the back of a panicked response.

Good.
Mourinho gonna Mourinho...

What is odd though is Levy, with his reputation as an astute businessman, is now doing the opposite of what got him this far.

This is a terrible deal for them, spending £30m on a player that will be constantly linked back to Madrid, unless he's shit - lose/lose. Then bringing in the Welsh golfer that earns more than Spurs best 3 or 4 best players combined... is definitely going to rock the boat.

Not sure if its Levys new found tv celebrity status, or desperately wanting to please/impress Mourinho, but he seems to have abandoned his old self. Mourinho is going to milk him dry.

Unread 17-09-2020, 01:52 PM
bosskeano

everything this summer at LB was about Reguilon and Telles....one gone so now the other?

Unread 17-09-2020, 02:07 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
In normal circumstances yes, but these lads haven't really had a break this season, there's still weeks left of the international window and more on the home window....

It's different this year, less money, less time, more red tape....
I hear that. But the ownership structure, owners themselves and of course our CEO, have hindered our ability to act as quickly as we should have done, given the circumstances. Other clubs (see Chelsea) have been able to act in the right way. We've been too busy counting the pennies. IMHO.

Unread 17-09-2020, 02:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I hear that. But the ownership structure, owners themselves and of course our CEO, have hindered our ability to act as quickly as we should have done, given the circumstances. Other clubs (see Chelsea) have been able to act in the right way. We've been too busy counting the pennies. IMHO.

Well no shit, new to the glazers etc.

Top 4 is the target and I imagine they think that just vdb will be enough to secure it. If you could guarantee them top 4 every year for the next 5 years they'd be delighted.

Unread 17-09-2020, 02:18 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Well no shit, new to the glazers etc.

Top 4 is the target and I imagine they think that just vdb will be enough to secure it. If you could guarantee them top 4 every year for the next 5 years they'd be delighted.
We (or rather they) have spent big when needs be. According to this, they've still made the top three most expensive signings in PL history.

Agree with the sentiment of that last sentence entirely, though, and no doubt they'd see anything on top of that as a bonus rather than the target.

Unread 17-09-2020, 06:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Up to a point yeah - but he was initially successful at Chelsea and even looked for a while that he might do more good than bad here.

Spurs don't really have an excuse though.

Unread 17-09-2020, 06:52 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Up to a point yeah - but he was initially successful at Chelsea and even looked for a while that he might do more good than bad here.

Spurs don't really have an excuse though.

When the £#%&! was this?
Closed Thread