United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-09-2020, 10:45 PM
atticusgrinch

Looking more and more like a done dealio lads.

Unread 08-09-2020, 11:15 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just been taken off in the England game, honestly didn’t know he was playing.
Dont see the fuss, never watched him and thought he is potentially top class, I think he is hugely over rated

Unread 09-09-2020, 12:42 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Dont see the fuss, never watched him and thought he is potentially top class, I think he is hugely over rated
Never watched him but think he’s hugely overrated. Are you a united scout?

Unread 09-09-2020, 02:03 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Never watched him but think he’s hugely overrated. Are you a united scout?
I'm about as close to being a united scout as you are to being funny

If you bothered to read the post, instead of getting all excited that you thought of something funny to say (you didnt), you would notice its says never watched and thought he could be top class.

Unread 09-09-2020, 02:24 PM
bosskeano

hell if you are going to judge a player over these two england games you'd say they were all just shit players

hard to know if someone is going to be shit or top class if you've never watched them play

Unread 09-09-2020, 03:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I wouldn't judge any footballers by how they play in international football ffs, especially not some ham-£#%&! pre-season £#%&! with half the team either not playing or not match fit.
I’ve never understood this attitude tbh. You listen to people like Keane, Neville and Rio, and they make the point over and over that the key to the success we had for the length of time we had it was consistency of standards, even in training, yet all I hear is ‘it was a dead rubber’ or ‘who cares about the league cup?

It’s as though we learned nothing. Now it’s even internationals ffs . Why are we so eager to make excuses for poor performance?

Unread 09-09-2020, 04:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’ve never understood this attitude tbh. You listen to people like Keane, Neville and Rio, and they make the point over and over that the key to the success we had for the length of time we had it was consistency of standards, even in training, yet all I hear is ‘it was a dead rubber’ or ‘who cares about the league cup?

It’s as though we learned nothing. Now it’s even internationals ffs . Why are we so eager to make excuses for poor performance?
i'm not making excuses, all i said was don't judge players by how they play for their countries every few months...but rather how they play for their clubs every week.

How is this controversial?

Unread 09-09-2020, 04:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'm not making excuses, all i said was don't judge players by how they play for their countries every few months...but rather how they play for their clubs every week.

How is this controversial?
Because it’s part of a theme. Don’tjudge this competitive game because.... don’t judge that competitive game because.... How much more so a training match? No, judge everything, every time because the alternative is to suggest the aforementioned players were wrong.

Unread 09-09-2020, 04:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Because it’s part of a theme. Don’tjudge this competitive game because.... don’t judge that competitive game because.... How much more so a training match? No, judge everything, every time because the alternative is to suggest the aforementioned players were wrong.
Righty ho.

Unread 09-09-2020, 04:59 PM
ScarFace

Unread 09-09-2020, 05:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I've also heard Rio say he how nobody gives a shit about the community shield.

I don't think the issue is standards. I think the issue is the context of these games: pointless, pre season, low key, experimental. They'll only tell us so much.

Pretty much every England player has been shit. I'd still be delighted if signed Harry Kane though.

Unread 09-09-2020, 05:08 PM
BarryX

Quote:
If bonuses and/or personal prestige aren't involved, I can't see a modern pro actually giving a shit about any game they play in. Which makes perfect sense (and is surely.something we would all, just about, agree on). Why would you risk getting injured and jeopardising your earnings for a game that's worth absolutely sweet FA?

Unread 09-09-2020, 05:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
That same line has been knocking about for a couple of weeks.

Unread 09-09-2020, 05:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I've also heard Rio say he how nobody gives a shit about the community shield.
Mate, he may not give a shit about the trophy itself but you think Rio went into any competitive match giving 50%? You know what he meant.

Unread 09-09-2020, 05:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Mate, he may not give a shit about the trophy itself but you think Rio went into any competitive match giving 50%? You know what he meant.
The point is more that these lower key games are not that much of a yardstick to measure a player.

They're not only giving 50%, but even a small drop of intensity because there's £#%&! all riding on it and no real stakes will cloud things.

I think especially if we're not as familiar with them and we're trying to get some insight into what they're like.

I'd be more inclined to judge him on his 17 goals and 17 assists. As I would Sterling for City, Kane for Spurs etc.

Unread 09-09-2020, 05:43 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Unique circumstances around this though. I think most people are wondering why these games have gone ahead, what with the pandemic and the football seasons being drastically altered to deal with it.

Kane looks naff half the time in an England shirt and everyone but the perpetually difficult knows he’s a top player.

Unread 09-09-2020, 05:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Kane looks naff half the time in an England shirt and we all know he’s a top player.

Unread 09-09-2020, 06:30 PM
bosskeano

According to Romano, “Jadon Sancho is absolutely ready and ‘buzzing’ to join United. He decided a month ago to talk about this opportunity. The problem is not the personal terms or agent fees”.

Though the deal has taken a lot of time, Jadon Sancho is not going to go on strike at Borussia Dortmund. He’s happy but if United pay €120m then he is ready to join with no problems.”

The idea that the lack of money is a problem in this deal has also been refuted by a top source.

Senior Sky Sports press-member James Cooper believes that the transfer fee between United and BVB is not a problem.

so he's buzzing to make the move but won't push for the transfer to upset Dortmund but would go if a deal is done....that's some impressive writing and insight

Unread 09-09-2020, 07:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That same line has been knocking about for a couple of weeks.
Maybe it is actually true now?

Its the hope that kills you nqat.

Unread 09-09-2020, 08:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Sky and Beeb both running with this 'breakthrough'
Closed Thread