Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I'm sure you'll hate him soon enough.
aaaand bite
nice white. But he already does

Unread 30-08-2020, 10:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Apparently chances of Madrid signing him are now 'nil'.

Unread 31-08-2020, 12:30 AM
rubbernecker

Apparently he's won more pens than other Ajax player since 2018

Over to you Bruno

Piss everywhere

Unread 31-08-2020, 09:51 AM
puressence

Can’t wait to drag this up every time he does a misplaced pass

Unread 31-08-2020, 10:06 AM
Jethro

The twitter ITK lot look like right #@&%!s today

Unread 31-08-2020, 10:26 AM
Cream

Would be interesting to see Sparky working alongside Ole for transfer stuff. He’d be his harshest critic, possibly his greatest asset.

Unread 01-09-2020, 01:56 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
First sensible thing you’ve said in ages. Looks class. Problem is they are already losing De Jong and De Ligt to Barca this summer so there’s no way they’ll sell him and Neres as well, both of whom we should be going for.
TSRs know 👹

Unread 01-09-2020, 01:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The twitter ITK lot look like right #@&%!s today

Unread 02-09-2020, 10:03 AM
Scholseyfanforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
That's similar to how I see it. I think Ole wants Bruno as the central attacking midfielder, effectively playing a number 10 role, and that would allow Pogba to play on the left of a midfield 3 or diamond, which was his role at Juventus.

I can see it working really well, but the question is who plays the holding role? In a 4-2-3-1 I have liked the Fred and The Scottish Player partnership, but Pogba could also play there against the dross at home where we dominate the ball and largely play in the opposition half. No idea who I'd pick as the sole holding midfielder in a diamond though; Matic is well past his best, The Scottish Player seems better as a box-to-box power player, and Fred is a bit erratic to hold such a tactically important position.

However, a diamond does seem the best option considering we need to find a system that means Martial and Greenwood aren't permanent substitutes. A diamond midfield, with 2 strikers up front, will mean plenty of games and rotation between Rashford, Martial and Greenwood, but 1 up front probably mens 2 unhappy strikers who aren't playing enough..
Kante anyone?

Unread 02-09-2020, 10:07 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholseyfanforever
Kante anyone?
The Renters want £80m for him so it's a no from me (and our board I'd imagine).

Unread 02-09-2020, 10:10 AM
ScarFace

Goulbridge claims to have been told Donny is announced within the next few hours.

Unread 02-09-2020, 10:15 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholseyfanforever
Kante anyone?

Although we need a holding midfielder I dont think we will play a diamond midfield. That system relies fully on the width coming from the full backs and outs ain't up to the task.

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:07 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Goulbridge claims to have been told Donny is announced within the next few hours.
Having already done his medical in Holland? Wow what a scoop...

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:18 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Having already done his medical in Holland? Wow what a scoop...

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:24 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Why do you listen to that wet end?

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:28 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Why do you listen to that wet end?
Cooking tips. He taught me everything i know.

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:28 AM
windy waffles

Frenkie de Jong has spoken:

Quote:
“I spoke to Donny [Van de Beek] about his transfer,” admitted De Jong. “This is a beautiful transfer and we are all very happy for him.

“Did he ask me for advice? No, no, he can think by himself.”

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:40 AM
atticusgrinch

Will be interesting to see how he is deployed as on the face of it, RW, DM, CB and LB all seem like higher priorities than another AM...

Maybe Pogba is off?

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:42 AM
Dr Stranger

Although he's not a defensive midfielder, he can operate from deep. He's got the energy and positional sense to play there.

We play Fred there for his tenacity and energy, so it's no different to VDB playing there. Except he's better.

I suspect he'll slot straight into that Matic/Fred role as first choice.

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:48 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Although he's not a defensive midfielder, he can operate from deep. He's got the energy and positional sense to play there.

We play Fred there for his tenacity and energy, so it's no different to VDB playing there. Except he's better.

I suspect he'll slot straight into that Matic/Fred role as first choice.
We play Fred there because we haven't got another DM apart from Matic.

Why not just buy a DM? Seems a strange way of doing it.