Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
exactly that.
Pretty brutal tbh.

Unread 26-03-2020, 08:39 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can''t see Ronaldo being chuffed with losing his 1000th appearance and 30 goals off his record, or whatever it is..
Who was he playing for Slough Town and a Nando's Sunday side?

Unread 26-03-2020, 08:43 PM
est.1878

£#%&! football, lads....

Unread 26-03-2020, 08:44 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
£#%&! football, lads....
alright geldof, it's not £#%&!ing live aid.

Unread 26-03-2020, 09:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Who was he playing for Slough Town and a Nando's Sunday side?
Had a trial at Slough I heard and got £#%&!ed off...

Assuming they follow the same plan across Europe, obvs.

Unread 26-03-2020, 10:45 PM
JamesPolk

I say cancel this current football season,, its going to same uncomplete bin as 1939/40 unfortunetly.
I recon we would have won FA cup and Europa League this season, with EPL, CL out of reach.

I cannot see any viable ways to finish the season.

EPL for that matter is logalstic nightmere there with 20 teams with most teams having 9 games left and some having 10 games thats total of 92 games you have to move around. I don't see any ways to do that football will probably not resume until June at earliest and I cannot see that happen the pandemic might not even be over by then. It would be less of problem if the out break had say happened start of may with maybe 1 or 2 rounds left.

Europa League and Champions League - the situation is bleak all over Europe so I cannot see this return this season as even if the pandemic stop in one country it might not slow down at all in another country.

So only thing that might be salvaged is the FA cup considering there are only 7 games left to be played in Quarter-Finals - 4 games, Semi finals - 2 games and FA cup final - 1 game. But you still would have to check the teams for the virus and play behind closed doors as you will end with more exponential growth of the virus.

Unread 26-03-2020, 10:51 PM
Ethers

Your £#%&!ing posts are a logalistic nightmere pal, I know that

Unread 26-03-2020, 10:53 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
I say cancel this current football season,, its going to same uncomplete bin as 1939/40 unfortunetly.
I recon we would have won FA cup and Europa League this season, with EPL, CL out of reach.

EPL for that matter is logalstic nightmere there with 20 teams with most teams having 9 games left and some having 10 games thats total of 92 games you have to move around. I don't see any ways to do that football will probably not resume until June at earliest and I cannot see that happen the pandemic might not even be over by then. It would be less of problem if the out break had say happened start of may with maybe 1 or 2 rounds left.

Europa League and Champions League - the situation is bleak all over Europe so I cannot see this return this season as even if the pandemic stop in one country it might not slow down at all in another country.

So only thing that might be salvaged is the FA cup considering there are only 7 games left to be played in Quarter-Finals - 4 games, Semi finals - 2 games and FA cup final - 1 game. But you still would have to check the teams for the virus and play behind closed doors as you will end with more exponential growth of the virus.
I think you may well be right. The top leagues cannot do anything in isolation as Uefa places are stlll undecided, thus every country's association would have to agree the same solution. I think at the moment there are armies of lawyers at club, national association and Uefa level all busy trying to figure out a way out of this mess. You also have to consider player contracts and TV rights. It's going to cost a fortune, but bankrupting clubs over it isn't really the solution either.

Unread 26-03-2020, 10:56 PM
Arnold Muhren

Never thought I’d type this in my life but fair play to Leeds United.

Unread 26-03-2020, 11:14 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Never thought I’d type this in my life but fair play to Leeds United.
https://twitter.com/apopey/status/12...248472064?s=21
Bayern & Dortmund announced summat similar y'day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52036612

Unread 26-03-2020, 11:18 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk

Please stop. This physically hurts my face

Unread 27-03-2020, 12:10 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
f*** football, lads....
Yeah lads stop discussing football on a football forum

Why the £#%&! did you login, what was you expecting to read on a football forum?

Unread 27-03-2020, 12:20 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7

Why the £#%&! did you login, what was you expecting to read on a football forum?
X-Men shit?

Unread 27-03-2020, 12:23 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7

New to Fred, pol?

Unread 27-03-2020, 08:27 AM
redhegemony

Need to sort out player contracts and transfers. Makes most sense to have a break and start the new season a bit later but the PL will no doubt want to eke some cash out of the remnants of the current season.

Unread 27-03-2020, 09:27 AM
redhegemony

Reducing TV money will absolutely £#%&! over clubs who have little gate revenue and sponsorship - the Watfords etc. United will lose money all round but at least it's spread out.

Unread 27-03-2020, 10:50 AM
Jack Duckworth

the barrow manager saying that if they get promoted, they will get well over a million quid. if not, it'll be just over 50k. huge consequences for the smaller clubs.

Unread 27-03-2020, 11:04 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

The club I am involved with play at NWCL level and they are in deep shit financially as will most clubs at that level

They rely heavily on gates receipts and were already 6 games behind the rest of the league (most of those home games)

Some money has to trickle down otherwise clubs at this level and all the way up the football league could fold this summer

Unread 27-03-2020, 11:05 AM
thatsfuctit

I think the benchmark has always been that if the wage bill is over 50% of turnover, it's a bit precarious.

Not the newest figures, but this is how the figures for 17/18's PL looked

https://www.theguardian.com/football...er-united-city

Unread 27-03-2020, 11:08 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
The club I am involved with play at NWCL level and they are in deep shit financially as will most clubs at that level

They rely heavily on gates receipts and were already 6 games behind the rest of the league (most of those home games)

Some money has to trickle down otherwise clubs at this level and all the way up the football league could fold this summer
If it’s the team I think it is the players and staff will have enough criminal associates to blag a few quid
Closed Thread