United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2019, 07:29 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not that's not what I said.

We've basically handicapped ourselves by letting go of players and not replacing them.

there is no other club of a similar stature to us where this would have been tolerated.

We've weakened ourselves for no other reason than the book-balancing spendthrifts in charge won't sanction a major rebuild over a short period of time. On

Over the last 18 months we've let 8 first team players go - either released, sold or sent out on loan.

We've signed 3.

That's just negligent.
You wanted all 8 gone probably at least 12 replaced 3 brought 3 to the match day squad with 2 or 3 on the fringe. It’s called a process pal one a real fan would embrace not hammer god I’d love to have known you the day villa beat us 3-1 on August 1995

Unread 15-12-2019, 07:31 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
You wanted all 8 gone probably at least 12 replaced 3 brought 3 to the match day squad with 2 or 3 on the fringe. It’s called a process pal one a real fan would embrace not hammer god I’d love to have known you the day villa beat us 3-1 on August 1995
On August or in August?

Unread 15-12-2019, 07:32 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
it wasn't the letting go i had the major issue with.
Which is back to my original point. How could we have signed 8 players in one window?

Unread 15-12-2019, 07:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
it wasn't the letting go i had the major issue with.
What happens if you know players need to go now (either because they’re negatively influencing the dressing room, or blatantly refusing to put in proper effort) but you don’t have an ideal replacement lined up? Do you move them on anyway and just take in any old crap? Do you keep them and all their negativity with them? Or do you shift them, because it’s a priority and wait for the right replacement to become available? What do you do?

That’s not trying to be smart by the way, because I don’t know either. Every option has its pros and cons.

Unread 15-12-2019, 07:45 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
shaw played well.
Fake news. He didn't. He's shite.

Unread 15-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
"FERIE OUT"

Unread 15-12-2019, 07:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Which is back to my original point. How could we have signed 8 players in one window?
I think the idea was not to have to do it in one window tbf.

Unread 15-12-2019, 08:00 PM
Cream

7 points from the last 3 is pretty £#%&!ing brilliant. Ridiculous that the 'uncoached' line is being aired again.

We got ripped off today but definitely weren't at our best.

Greenwood is starting to look ready. Which I'm shocked by tbh.

No 10 is a nightmare right now. Would make such a huge difference. Roll on Jan

Unread 15-12-2019, 08:27 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
7 points from the last 3 is pretty £#%&!ing brilliant. Ridiculous that the 'uncoached' line is being aired again.

We got ripped off today but definitely weren't at our best.

Greenwood is starting to look ready. Which I'm shocked by tbh.

No 10 is a nightmare right now. Would make such a huge difference. Roll on Jan
Explain the lack of game plan or tactics then? Fergie would this bunch challenging for the top. It's all about motivation and desire. It is plainly obvious this team need a kick up the arse. They can beat Spurs and City then switch off again.

Unread 15-12-2019, 08:30 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
Fergie would this bunch challenging for the top.
doubt

Unread 15-12-2019, 08:32 PM
puressence

Quote:
"FERIE OUT"

2005 and nothing to do with selling players. Next

Unread 15-12-2019, 08:58 PM
dunk

Would love us to just wade around Europe paying release fees in Jan Haaland, Fernandes, Werner, Sancho just properly big dog shit and give them the second half of the season to settle in.

Unread 15-12-2019, 09:05 PM
Chester Road

that was a predictable kick in the nads after the euphoria of last week

so many poor performances today against a shit team, but we've been here before so many times this season against shite teams

still not sure how that @#%&! Oliver or VAR didn't overturn their goal it was a foul on De Gea, and he could have protested a bit more ffs, he's dogshit coming off his line and the attempted punch was laughable, but it's still a foul and shouldn't have counted

Greenwood should have started he was flying after midweek and pretty sure he wouldn't have missed that chance Lingard did in the first 15 seconds....need to either get Pogba back in or £#%&! him off in January and buy a couple of midfielders.....The Scottish Player and Fred deserve a lot of praise for the way they played last week, they were both awful today

Unread 15-12-2019, 09:06 PM
redhegemony

Jesus the points we’ve chucked away this year - wolves, villa, palace, Everton, Bournemouth, southampton, let alone scousers and arsenal. Playing in flashes. Some exciting stuff.

I guess that’s the problem with having young players - a calm defensive passing centre mid would make such a difference.

Unread 15-12-2019, 09:10 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Jesus the points we’ve chucked away this year - wolves, villa, palace, Everton, Bournemouth, southampton, let alone scousers and arsenal. Playing in flashes. Some exciting stuff.

I guess that’s the problem with having young players - a calm defensive passing centre mid would make such a difference.
don't forget West Ham

Unread 15-12-2019, 09:11 PM
Sparky***

Gone behind in 13 games under Ole.

Come back to win 1 of them.

Unread 15-12-2019, 09:12 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Road
don't forget West Ham
No we were shit against West Ham and Newcastle

Unread 15-12-2019, 09:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That is explaining election losses away levels of spin, fair play
Quote:
Gone behind in 13 games under Ole.

Come back to win 1 of them.
There's something actually wrong with you two....

Ex reds..

We've just tucked Mou and Pep in and had a point against a resurgent Everton.

Our next three are winnable....try and enjoy United... or what's the point ?.

Unread 15-12-2019, 09:30 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Ex reds..

Yep.

Unread 15-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Ex reds..

today was winnable too
Closed Thread