United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Der Kaiser

Talking Johnny Giles

Quote:
I'm not entirely convinced that Van Gaal has the scale of football knowledge to match the size of his personality

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-31429931.html

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Ashley's Grime

Ahh... Jonny Giles, the man that predicted signing Eric would get Fergie sacked.

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:03 PM
no fun

I think some of our donkey friendly brethren will confirm that he's pretty ABU

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Dasilvatwins

anti utd is truely underway. it was 50 50 last year with LVG, some journos having a love in with him, but this summer ive read so much ABU BS... United are back people!

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Who knows whether it will work out at United, but I do love it when people like this think LvG's credentials are actually up for debate

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Tiberian

I wonder if he watched Falcao last season. Complains that he was not given a chance but fails to recognize the clear deterioration in him which made it difficult to play him. How can a manager pick a striker who can not run, control the ball or stand up under any physical pressure? Too many games wasted on him in truth.

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:33 PM
armchair

Still bitter about leaving United.

He did a flick in this game and is still on about it:

Hated Ferguson, despised Ronaldo - called him a show pony etc. All of his success was based on railing against United so it's no surprise he's still doing it to this day. That said the article will be based on a couple of minutes of a phonecall between him and some journo ghost-writer who will have to hype it up.

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:34 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I wonder if he watched Falcao last season. Complains that he was not given a chance but fails to recognize the clear deterioration in him which made it difficult to play him. How can a manager pick a striker who can not run, control the ball or stand up under any physical pressure? Too many games wasted on him in truth.
Apparently he was awful for Chelsea again tonight. Very unfit looking.

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Thought this was a haemorrhoids thread

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:37 PM
goldfinger II

Giles keeps barking on about the 5 at the back thing as if it was a grand plan that had to be abandoned.

Van Gaal said in his first pre-season that his preference was 4-3-3, as he has used for most [all?] of his career, but he decided to play 5 there because we didn't have the players in that position and that formation is hard to score against. Our record whilst using that system suggests he was right.

He reverted to his favoured system when he saw fit, which was roughly around the time our injuries cleared up too. About 3 months after that, we "clicked."

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Apparently he was awful for Chelsea again tonight. Very unfit looking.
Struggled in the Copa America as well, Colombia were so prolific they decided to dump him.

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Ashley's Grime

What can you expect from someone that preferred that cheating @#%&! Revie to Sir Matt?

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:45 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
What can you expect from someone that preferred that cheating @#%&! Revie to Sir Matt?
Quote:
"I am going to haunt him", is what Giles said of Busby, to his wife Anne, after the Scotsman had forced his departure when freezing him out of the starting team.

as I sad, bitter

Unread 05-08-2015, 09:58 PM
utd99

Falcao didn't get a real chance, and Van Gaal didn't get the best out of him.

First of all, I'd love to know what Giles, a failed manager by the way, would have done differently. How he would have gotten the best out of the player. Would he have told him he was really good, and he should score some goals today? Or maybe just let him goal hang and hope for some deflections. Falcao got chances, and he was poor, end of. Same in the Copa. Maybe that was Van Gaal's fault too.

Sometimes I can't believe these people were actually pro's and that they give these issues any serious thought.

Unread 05-08-2015, 10:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I think some of our donkey friendly brethren will confirm that he's pretty ABU
Never forgave Busby for fecking him off.

Unread 05-08-2015, 10:04 PM
ashtonred

In outgoing transfer market terms selling Giles to Leeds was Sir Matt“s biggest ever blunder.

Fergie pulled it back - don“t need me to explain why.

Unread 05-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Pop

£#%&! him. He was on TV recently still whinging over the pay rise he was offered at Utd before being £#%&!ed off to Leeds.

It was an extra £1.50 per week. "Highly insulted" he was, the old @#%&!

Unread 05-08-2015, 10:25 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
£#%&! him. He was on TV recently still whinging over the pay rise he was offered at Utd before being £#%&!ed off to Leeds.

Changes nowt. Busby selling him to Leeds ranks about the worst ever outgoing transfer deal of all time at United. Unless you can tell me different?

Unread 05-08-2015, 10:29 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

It was an extra £1.50 per week. "Highly insulted" he was, the old c***
thats back in the day when £1.50 was a lot of money

Unread 05-08-2015, 10:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

He should have been happy. Watching that clip it was one pound twenty five too much.

If United of today were somehow able to play that team outside of a farm yard, what do you say the score would be, 50-0?
Closed Thread