United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Pep Guardiola
He'll crash the clown car and bail out unsuccessfully 15 36.59%
He'll see it through and make city successful league/champ league final 7 17.07%
He'll see his time out unremarkably winning nothing of note 7 17.07%
He has a bulbous head 20 48.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2017, 12:17 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The modern day version of the Premier league doesn't allow for it. The closest you'll get for a long long time is what United did in the late 90's early 00s.

The days of one team winning 3 league titles on the trot are probably gone.
nah sparky, not having that...

the reason it's unpredictable isn't cus they're all good, it's cus none of them are that good in top team terms...

only a matter of time before one or two get the formula spot on with strength in depth and players there for the duration, and then we'll see a better standard at the very top...

Unread 19-01-2017, 12:20 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Van Gaal got panned for remaining in his seat more or less all the time. In his own words - he's a trainer-coach. His best work is done during the week coaching and preparing his players and what happens on match-day is supposed to be a manifestation of that.

Unfortunately he didn't have a flexible group of players who could deliver what was asked of them and have the intelligence to solve problems for themselves. He has to take responsibility for that - and he did by being sacked.
During games it generally makes little difference. The players are playing the match not paying attention to the manager.

I think it's more about the vibe you create during the week and ahead of the games. Fergie always wanted to create calm and comfort for the players, both before and during games. I remember Fletcher saying that even before a European Cup semi final he was sat with his feet up reading the paper. All about keeping the team calm.

Both ways work, and both ways can look helpless. When your team is falling apart sitting silently on the bench can annoy people. At the same time, If you're ranting about and creating havoc and the players are showing no composure as a result, are you helping?

Unread 21-01-2017, 01:01 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Tbf, he has a point. Brian Horton, Frank Clark, jimmy frizzel are probably more becoming of the role than pep but it's humbling to think he feels he can't be considered against those greats.

Unread 21-01-2017, 01:53 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Quote:
“So the reality is that we were going to build up and I am working on that and then I will be the first to recognise if I am not able or we are not able to do that and speak with the club to make a solution.”
Desperate to go home.

Genuinely believe his life will fall apart within 5 years.
Closed Thread