Not yet but soon

We should all wave him off and wish him the best

Unread 18-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not yet but soon

We should all wave him off and wish him the best

From the heights of Escape to Victory to that.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Vedder

Good deal that. About time we stopped giving players away for £#%&! all. Buy back option

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Tiberian

Depay looks like a player who needs the team built around him to succeed. At PSV he basically played like a cheap version of Ronaldo, cutting in and shooting at every opportunity. His shots per games ratio was ridiculous, the highest in Europe I believe in his last season there. He is not good enough to be allowed that freedom at a higher level and the rest of his game is not developed sufficiently to excel in more of a supporting role, creating for others first.

Would not be surprised if he scores a lot of goals in France but he will still have that issue with the rest of his game if he steps back up a level.

His talent level is overstated, not even close to someone like Nani technically.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:29 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
https://twitter.com/8217795923567575...79592356757509

Good deal that. About time we stopped giving players away for £#%&! all. Buy back option
pogback

saffers

Sickenening.

At least there's a buyback clause.

Griezmann 7

plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Depay looks like a player who needs the team built around him to succeed. At PSV he basically played like a cheap version of Ronaldo, cutting in and shooting at every opportunity. His shots per games ratio was ridiculous, the highest in Europe I believe in his last season there. He is not good enough to be allowed that freedom at a higher level and the rest of his game is not developed sufficiently to excel in more of a supporting role, creating for others first.

Would not be surprised if he scores a lot of goals in France but he will still have that issue with the rest of his game if he steps back up a level.

His talent level is overstated, not even close to someone like Nani technically.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:30 PM
puressence

7 shirt free

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

22/30 games at PSV.

There's a player in there, sadly it's not for united....

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
22/30 games at PSV.

There's a player in there, sadly it's not for united....
Such a product of this last generation, wide forward rather than a winger, influenced by originally the likes of Henry and Ronaldinho but latterly Ronaldo, Robben, Bale.

20 years we had the likes of Giggs and Figo as the best wingers around scoring 8-12 goals a season but they were so well rounded, different requirements/focus these days.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Sandman

Quote:
There's a player in there
A bang average one.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
A bang average one.
You've only seen him play for united haven't you....

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Sandman

Quote:
You've only seen him play for united haven't you....
His performances for United, in this league, are the only ones that matter to me. He had ample opportunities, and did £#%&! all.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
His performances for United, in this league, are the only ones that matter to me. He had ample opportunities, and did £#%&! all.
16 league starts 'ample'.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
So you don't know anything about him.

Many thanks....

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:12 PM
Sandman

Quote:
So you don't know anything about him.

Many thanks....
I know he's been £#%&!ed off, and will never play for United again. That's about as much as I need to know about a United flop.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:14 PM
believe

Quote:
I know he's been £#%&!ed off, and will never play for United again. That's about as much as I need to know about a United flop.
But he was the top scorer in the Dutch league....

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
But he was the top scorer in the Dutch league....
I think the phrase there is "flattering to deceive".
Closed Thread