United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Because Americans don't like it that much and they MUST be catered to.
For. Catered for. The phrase is catered for, not to.

Unread 19-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Thanks pal.

Unread 19-01-2017, 01:22 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Thanks pal.

Sorry. I'm a #@&%! with things like that.

Unread 19-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
stop GKs passing back to themselves and have it that once they use a foot they can't use a hand except on actual saves (encourages closing down and stops time-wasting).
Forgive me, iam gormless. You mean they only get 1 touch?

Maybe we should introduce a 6 second time rule, and no more than 3 steps STEPS! REF! STEPS!!

Just looking on a rules website and found this...

The goalie can handle the ball when he is inside his own penalty area. However, there are situations when he cannot touch the ball:

• When the ball is not yet touched by another player after he has parried or punted it
Says the keeper cant pick the ball straight up after hes made a save, That's not true is it?

Unread 19-01-2017, 01:25 PM
sa7

Quote:

Why are you apologising? Don't pander for him

Unread 19-01-2017, 01:25 PM
believe

Quote:

Sorry. I'm a #@&%!.
Stopped reading here

Unread 19-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
They did it in the MLS when it first started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRITqS6WEn0

They ditched it pretty quickly.
I remember seeing it in the early 80s. Pretty sure it was a big tournament or game.

Unread 19-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Sapien

Quote:
So pedantical

Unread 19-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Buck

If they want to make the sport more American friendly then a shot that flies into the net merits six goals and a shot that bounces and/or rolls over the line gives you four goals.

They can't complain of the sport being too low-scoring with that.

Unread 19-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
If they want to make the sport more American friendly then a shot that flies into the net merits six goals and a shot that bounces and/or rolls over the line gives you four goals.

They can't complain of the sport being too low-scoring with that.
You could have 10 goals every half and they wouldn't buy into it. It's a cultural thing. Nothing over there will ever compete with NFL or Basketball.

And I, for one, am delighted.

Unread 19-01-2017, 02:25 PM
plopborsky

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...rco-van-basten

Unread 19-01-2017, 02:41 PM
irk

Quote:

'#@&%!'

Unread 19-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Forgive me, iam gormless. You mean they only get 1 touch?
nah, they can't go and fetch it outside the box and then pick it up inside.

plus that thing they do when they stop the ball and wait to be closed down then pick it up can £#%&! off.

and that thing where they save it, drop it and then wait can £#%&! off.

and so can that thing where they save it, fall over, then get up, then drop it, then wait to be closed down, then pick it up - that can £#%&! off as well.

basically if they touch it at all with their foot they can't pick it up unless it was an actual foot save. and if they touch it with a hand and deliberately drop it, except for bouncing it, then they can't pick it up again.

pretty simple rule change, easy to enforce, and would stop at least 50% of the time-wasting they do imo

Unread 19-01-2017, 03:02 PM
sudored

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
"Special" needs.

Unread 19-01-2017, 03:25 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
abolish offsides at FK's in the final 3rd

Attacking teams could put 3 or 4 players directly in the goalkeepers view. Defences would have to react by loading up the goal line, would be farcial.

Only rules i would want changed or adjusted, stop all this interfering with play bull shit, offside is offside. Ban all teams from kicking the ball out for injuries, thats what refs and dropballs are for. Straight red card for any foul or handball thats blatantly deliberate regardless of whereabouts on the pitch it is (that would include tugging shirts) might end up with a few 8 a side games at first but it would soon stop.

Unread 19-01-2017, 03:33 PM
TheFatGoth

100% yes to getting rid of penalty shootouts. Been saying that for years. They're shit.

Offside and quarters...not so much.

Orange cards not a bad idea in theory.

Unread 19-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Attacking teams could put 3 or 4 players directly in the goalkeepers view. Defences would have to react by loading up the goal line, would be farcial.

Only rules i would want changed or adjusted, stop all this interfering with play bull shit, offside is offside. Ban all teams from kicking the ball out for injuries, thats what refs and dropballs are for. Straight red card for any foul or handball thats blatantly deliberate regardless of whereabouts on the pitch it is (that would include tugging shirts) might end up with a few 8 a side games at first but it would soon stop.
it's a fair point but defenders could just stand in front of them so it wouldn't happen... it's already farcical when defences try and hold a line outside the box to negate the advantage of the FK, so...

personally i like the rest of the offside rule as it is - 1st phase/2nd phase stops defences £#%&!ing about too much

Unread 19-01-2017, 04:33 PM
red in cumbria

The idea of an "orange card" - maybe involving the player being "sin binned" - has been mooted before. Certainly there are a few offences that hover between yellow and red.

Unread 19-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The idea of an "orange card" - maybe involving the player being "sin binned" - has been mooted before. Certainly there are a few offences that hover between yellow and red.
'Blatant orange that'

Nah.

Unread 19-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Wouldn't mind offside abolished. Fail to see what it achieves in modern football, apart from a load of shit decisions.
Either you're wumming or this should be made your signature on all football posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
'Blatant orange that'

Nah.
Probably said that about yellows and reds tbf.

Iirc George Best was the first player to be red carded after cards were introduced, straight red though.
Closed Thread