United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Pep Guardiola
He'll crash the clown car and bail out unsuccessfully 15 36.59%
He'll see it through and make city successful league/champ league final 7 17.07%
He'll see his time out unremarkably winning nothing of note 7 17.07%
He has a bulbous head 20 48.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2017, 09:27 PM
My Name is Keith

Default Pep Guardiola

Just wondered what the collective minds of Fred saw happening to the bulbous headed one?

A Graham to follow:

Unread 18-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Zorg

Unread 18-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Sparky***

He'll get it right. Even if it means they they have to throw ungodly sums of money at it until he does.

I reckon they're going to shell out a fortune next summer.

Unread 18-01-2017, 09:34 PM
andyroo

Well it is pretty bulbous.

Not fast though.

Unread 18-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Arnold Muhren

Emperor's New Clothes. Will do 3 years tops before £#%&!ing off to China/US/retirement. Will win a couple of domestic cups, tops. £#%&! him.

Unread 18-01-2017, 09:46 PM
puressence

Tbf Keith you love pep .. Which is fare enough everyone is entitled to an opinion but I wouldn't swap with Jose not a chance

Unread 18-01-2017, 09:47 PM
dunk

Not sure tbh. Wondering if he has the capacity to change his style sufficiently to meet the challenges in this league. There seems to be a chance his pig headed belief his way is so vastly superior to everything else that it will succeed could be his undoing.

Unread 18-01-2017, 09:49 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Tbf Keith you love pep .. Which is fare enough everyone is entitled to an opinion but I wouldn't swap with Jose not a chance
Don't pal - can't stand him. Wanted him at united during last season but wouldn't swap him with Jose now.

Loving his current meltdown - am hopeful it's a theme with him but not sure hence the poll.

Unread 18-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Gone.

Next season or the season after

Unread 18-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not sure tbh. Wondering if he has the capacity to change his style sufficiently to meet the challenges in this league. There seems to be a chance his pig headed belief his way is so vastly superior to everything else that it will succeed could be his undoing.
Van Gaal #2.

I think he's due another breakdown. May last the season out but he'll be gone in the summer.

Unread 18-01-2017, 10:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Depends on whether City as a club keep their heads. Talking to a City fan and he reckons they're getting a bit impatient already. It's clear to me that the squad has been allowed to stagnate and was ill-prepared for this transition. They need an overhaul whoever is in charge.

But will the City fans accept 5th place this year? And should they? Surely for all their faults Guardiola should do better than that.

Would adore them to do the mental thing and sack him, though.

Unread 18-01-2017, 10:47 PM
Clarkie

The way he behaved during the Everton game was reminiscent of Moyes when he was here. I've seen Bayern get hammered by Madrid but, even then he wasn't sat down, staring into the distance, with a depressed look on his face

Unread 18-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Buck

Looks thoroughly disengaged with Manchester City as an entity.

If Wenger calls it a day at the end of the season it would not surprise me if Guardiola jumps ship.

Barcelona -> Bayern Munich -> Manchester City

Unread 18-01-2017, 10:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
The way he behaved during the Everton game was reminiscent of Moyes when he was here. I've seen Bayern get hammered by Madrid but, even then he wasn't sat down, staring into the distance, with a depressed look on his face
Hard to read much into it though. He's a weird guy; an edgy, manic, social awkward mess. Remember him getting all in Jamie Jackson's grill when we played Bayern? He was always complaining at Barca about the stress of the job and talking sabbaticals.

Sometimes the calm routine after a bad result is measured. Fergie would sit with his arms folded, barely moving, during and after disastrous results. To transmit the idea that panic isn't in session. Doubt Guardiola is quite that calculating though tbf

Unread 18-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

don't understand why he's not using garcia. thought he'd be in the team by now but as hardly even had a chance.

think he's lost the squad a bit cus of signing that clown in goal.

he's not big on the role aguero likes to have either. which is too bad cus he's their best player, so...

Unread 18-01-2017, 11:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He'll get it right. Even if it means they they have to throw ungodly sums of money at it until he does.

I reckon they're going to shell out a fortune next summer.
Up to a point, he will probably enjoy some success in the end - but still not the total domination so many of their fans crave.

Unread 18-01-2017, 11:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Up to a point, he will probably enjoy some success in the end - but still not the total domination so many of their fans crave.
The modern day version of the Premier league doesn't allow for it. The closest you'll get for a long long time is what United did in the late 90's early 00s.

The days of one team winning 3 league titles on the trot are probably gone.

Unread 18-01-2017, 11:04 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Hard to read much into it though. He's a weird guy; an edgy, manic, social awkward mess. Remember him getting all in Jamie Jackson's grill when we played Bayern? He was always complaining at Barca about the stress of the job and talking sabbaticals.

Sometimes the calm routine after a bad result is measured. Fergie would sit with his arms folded, barely moving, during and after disastrous results. To transmit the idea that panic isn't in session. Doubt Guardiola is quite that calculating though tbf
Van Gaal got panned for remaining in his seat more or less all the time. In his own words - he's a trainer-coach. His best work is done during the week coaching and preparing his players and what happens on match-day is supposed to be a manifestation of that.

Unfortunately he didn't have a flexible group of players who could deliver what was asked of them and have the intelligence to solve problems for themselves. He has to take responsibility for that - and he did by being sacked.

Unread 18-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Billy Redface

Can't see him being sacked, but he could walk.

I've really grown to dislike the pompous little arse.

He was obviously sensational at Barca, but how much of that was down to the supremely talented nature of the squad?

The fawning over him like he's some pure footballing entity is embarrassing. I think he's a snide little c*** who wouldn't dare risk his reputation being ruined by a £#%&!y little club like city.

Could see him saying he's retiring due to 'falling out of love' with the game. Like it's football's fault. Only for him to reappear at £#%&!ing PSG or somewhere equally shallow.

Or he fakes a heart attack or something. He'll find a way out.

Unread 18-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Crumps

All of the above.

Never rated him, incredibly lucky with the squads he inherited and he's a drugs cheat.

Plenty of wait until it's his squad shite, thought that was the point having his pal as Director? Absolutel fraud, will hang himself in Miles Platting before the year is out.
Closed Thread