United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 09-12-2022, 04:21 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

OP saged the shit out of things with this thread.

SotY, IMO.

Unread 09-12-2022, 06:16 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Got vengaboys stuck in my head for as long as this thread remains on page 1. Thanks
snap

And everybody's rumbling

Unread 09-12-2022, 06:43 PM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Most of the people involved don’t give a shit. If any other team in the premier league were bought out through leveraged deals upwards of 600 million the royal family would step in .

There are a lot of bitter ABUs out there. This wasn’t incompetence, the sale was approved because nobody really cared.

Just hope to God the new owners are interested in a “football first” attitude and we aren’t sold off to some investment company or someone who will use us as advertising to the world
I think the brand has been bled dry now. The club is associated with failure these days and we’ve even become a banter club. The club is currently a famous old name but not a huge amount more.

The supposed landmark commercial deals we were signing early to mid 2010s have dried up now. Need oil money.

Unread 10-12-2022, 01:18 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Most of the people involved don’t give a shit. If any other team in the premier league were bought out through leveraged deals upwards of 600 million the royal family would step in .

There are a lot of bitter ABUs out there. This wasn’t incompetence, the sale was approved because nobody really cared.

Just hope to God the new owners are interested in a “football first” attitude and we aren’t sold off to some investment company or someone who will use us as advertising to the world

Yep. Job done.

Their dream come true, somebody coming along to seriously nobble the club. Quick enough to jump when Murdoch fronted up.

Unread 12-12-2022, 09:13 AM
Dr Stranger

Unread 12-12-2022, 09:20 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Assuming this is the case there must have been some feelers out out to see who is interested? God I hope it’s not some investment group/bank.

Seems like a lot in this day and age. Was expecting be around 4-6 billion . But good luck if anyone’s willing to part. Has to be some petrol dollar Arab money , can’t see jim ratcliffe spending 6-7 of his 20 odd billion on United .

Maybe the apple links weren’t complete %@#$&!s?

Unread 12-12-2022, 09:31 AM
Patty_b

Could do with it happening before end of the year tbh so they can shower us with new signings in January.

Unread 12-12-2022, 09:47 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Unread 12-12-2022, 11:02 AM
Dr Stranger

17 years trying to prise them out and now they can’t leave fast enough.

Unread 12-12-2022, 11:51 AM
Sparky***

Forgive my ignorance but who are the raine group?

Unread 12-12-2022, 11:54 AM
Pop

Raine provides a wide range of advisory services, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, private capital raising and strategic advice. We utilize our integrated platform, along with our global network and reach, to provide differentiated services and a unique perspective.

Unread 12-12-2022, 11:54 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Forgive my ignorance but who are the raine group?
the equivalent of my agent putting my car on ebay for a million quid.

Unread 12-12-2022, 11:55 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Raine provides a wide range of advisory services, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, private capital raising and strategic advice. We utilize our integrated platform, along with our global network and reach, to provide differentiated services and a unique perspective.
Ah I see.

@#%&!s, then?

Unread 12-12-2022, 11:59 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
Ah I see.

@#%&!s, then?
Genuine lol. 👍

Unread 12-12-2022, 12:00 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Good luck getting £7bn.

Unread 12-12-2022, 12:00 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Good luck getting £7bn.
Cheers Wayne, will let you know.

Unread 12-12-2022, 12:34 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Good luck getting £7bn.
Strong chance they’ve already had informal offers around that price.

Would be so funny if we get some rich billionaire which in turn stops anyone wanting to go to Newcastle and other teams.

Our pull is in the elite bracket , we are atleast in a league of our own in the premier league. We have proper financial backers and a proper recruitment team and we would very rarely be beaten to the chase by other teams.

Unread 12-12-2022, 01:59 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:

Would be so funny if we get some rich billionaire which in turn stops anyone wanting to go to Newcastle and other teams.

Our pull is in the elite bracket , we are atleast in a league of our own in the premier league. We have proper financial backers and a proper recruitment team and we would very rarely be beaten to the chase by other teams.

We've been in that position before, a lot of players still preferred living in London.

Unread 12-12-2022, 02:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

I don't think there's anyone out there with that kind of money who'll take us on.

We'll end up with some £#%&!ing investment group

Unread 12-12-2022, 02:03 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
I don't think there's anyone out there with that kind of money who'll take us on.

We'll end up with some f***ing investment group
For 7bn quid it seems like a pretty shit investment.

The glazers are £#%&!ing off because there is nothing left to bleed from the club. The brand has turned toxic.