That is a very good article.
Liked the last line too.

Unread 29-11-2021, 11:17 PM
tatty

Unread 29-11-2021, 11:49 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Our work permit experts should have him in by Christmas.
Shocker:

Rangnick FARCE: New Manchester United manager's start on hold due to Covid rules and work permit red tape, with Michael Carrick set to take charge against Arsenal as club chiefs scramble to have German in place for Crystal Palace game
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ampaign=14 90

Seem to remember Conte having far fewer problems.

Unread 29-11-2021, 11:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Shocker:

Rangnick FARCE: New Manchester United manager's start on hold due to Covid rules and work permit red tape, with Michael Carrick set to take charge against Arsenal as club chiefs scramble to have German in place for Crystal Palace game
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ampaign=14 90

Seem to remember Conte having far fewer problems.
what a surprise

Got to love brexit haven't you

Unread 30-11-2021, 12:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Quote:
We lack a culture. We lack a vision. Let’s go and buy one. Let’s take this careful, disciplined thing and apply it to this sloppy, careless, cash-drunk thing.
That is literally what City did, and are lauded for it

We have had all of those things many times over, we’re just a bit dazed and confused atm and need pointing in the right direction and to be told why we’re going that way.

Unread 30-11-2021, 12:12 AM
Chris Quayd

"What emerges from that patchwork is a slightly comedic figure, something along the lines of Evelyn Waugh’s German modernist architect professor Otto Silenus, who sees human beings as flawed mechanical designs, who says things such as “the only perfect building must be the factory, because that is built to house machines not men” - exactly

Unread 30-11-2021, 12:24 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

We have had all of those things many times over, we’re just a bit dazed and confused atm and need pointing in the right direction and to be told why we’re going that way.
I was waiting for someone to say that

£#%&!ing hell. You won't get a more blatant example of going out and buying a culture than City creating a snide version of 2009 barcelona.

Unread 30-11-2021, 12:33 AM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
what a surprise

So you are are saying Ralf can’t effectively work from home in our brave new post-Covid world? What sort of a dinosaur is he?

Unread 30-11-2021, 06:56 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
"What emerges from that patchwork is a slightly comedic figure, something along the lines of Evelyn Waugh’s German modernist architect professor Otto Silenus, who sees human beings as flawed mechanical designs, who says things such as “the only perfect building must be the factory, because that is built to house machines not men” - exactly
Sir Wayne of Ears beat the author of that to it by posting a pic of Dr Strangelove

Unread 30-11-2021, 08:27 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
what a surprise

Good job everyone went on a two week holiday during the international break.

Unread 30-11-2021, 09:32 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
That is a very good article.
I'm genuinely excited by the coming of this Teutonic Titan, for all the obvious and stated reasons, but also for the education that Murtog and Fletch will receive from this dedicated Deutsche football philosopher. Most positive I've felt for over a decade, we could well start resembling a football club again

Unread 30-11-2021, 09:51 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I'm genuinely excited by the coming of this Teutonic Titan, for all the obvious and stated reasons, but also for the education that Murtog and Fletch will receive from this dedicated Deutsche football philosopher. Most positive I've felt for over a decade, we could well start resembling a football club again
I think many are forgetting or simply underestimating just what a set of sandy @#%&!s we have in our squad. Some will respond positively but I fear many won’t and unfortunately we’ve seemingly built up a weak mentality in which losing is routinely accepted and busting a gut is an exception. ‘We need to look in the mirror at ourselves’. Again

If he can successfully change this culture then we’re onto a winner but he’s an interim so is up against it.

If he can be flexible and pragmatic then we might get somewhere but we’re more likely to end up with an LVG situation in which his philosophy would work if we only we had a set of players that could respond to it.

Unread 30-11-2021, 10:02 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I think many are forgetting or simply underestimating just what a set of sandy @#%&!s we have in our squad. Some will respond positively but I fear many won’t and unfortunately we’ve seemingly built up a weak mentality in which losing is routinely accepted and busting a gut is an exception. ‘We need to look in the mirror at ourselves’. Again

If he can successfully change this culture then we’re onto a winner but he’s an interim so is up against it.

If he can be flexible and pragmatic then we might get somewhere but we’re more likely to end up with an LVG situation in which his philosophy would work if we only we had a set of players that could respond to it.
This is exactly my worry.

The fact he’s only there for 6 months surely robs him of a bit of authority from the start. Even the worst players might fancy themselves to outlast him. Yes he’s moving on to a consultancy role afterwards, but are we really confident Wan Bissaka knows what consultancy means?

Unread 30-11-2021, 10:11 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

The fact he’s only there for 6 months surely robs him of a bit of authority from the start. Even the worst players might fancy themselves to outlast him. Yes he’s moving on to a consultancy role afterwards, but are we really confident Wan Bissaka knows what consultancy means?
There were reports that he would be open to the job full time if offered. Personally I rather see him at the top , but surely these £#%&!ers won’t half arse it knowing he won’t be the manager in 6 months. Tbh we have a decent core , the likes who would “chuck it in” probably need replacing anyway, shaw, AWB , pogba , martial, maybe slab but I think maguire might actually improve, but if he doesn’t he can £#%&! off aswell. Recent performances from him have been pathetic .

Whilst mcfred are rubbish players I don’t think they’ have a piss poor mentality.

Unread 30-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

Unread 30-11-2021, 10:45 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

The 'consultancy' contract is a de facto DOF role, which may even be converted to the DOF position. My fear is that while the suits are backing off atm, Wood£#%&! will hang around and keep stinking the place out. I noted he was heavily involved in Herr Ralf's interviews etc which doesn't sit with an imminent stage exit or leaving the football to football people.

Unread 30-11-2021, 10:47 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
The 'consultancy' contract is a de facto DOF role, which may even be converted to the DOF position. My fear is that while the suits are backing off atm, Wood£#%&! will hang around and keep stinking the place out. I noted he was heavily involved in Herr Ralf's interviews etc which doesn't sit with an imminent stage exit or leaving the football to football people.
I hate Ed Woodward and would thoroughly enjoy doing heinous things to him. The man is the archetypal city £#%&!er. I hope he genuinely suffers prolonged agonies for the remainder of his life.

Unread 30-11-2021, 10:51 AM
Mr_Ed

Hopefully Ralph will put a stop to those @#%&!s buying players who aren’t what the coach wants or fit the system.

Both Jose and Ole ‘bought’ players who then they didn’t play which can only suggest they didn’t rate them… unless I’ve completely misjudged that.

Unread 30-11-2021, 10:57 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Sir Wayne of Ears beat the author of that to it by posting a pic of Dr Strangelove
what?

Unread 30-11-2021, 11:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Yeah, that seemed a little reductionist from them. What else is there to do? Surely taking any kind of structure, philosophy etc could be reduced to ‘let’s just take that’.

Any club hiring anyone is essentially looking at that person and wanting them to do what they do.

We’re a badly coached team. We have no football people making football decisions. This addresses this. What else are we supposed to do?
Closed Thread