United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-03-2022, 11:13 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Unfortunately, for our owners the last 10 years has been a relative success. They've made lots of money. That's their ambition.
I think that’s a bit simplistic. I think the club staying in the top 4 is where their base line ambition is but it certainly isn’t finishing 6th or 7th. At the end of the day, theyve spent a shit load of money and it’s been a unmitigated failure. I suspect the issue is ego (not accepting that none of them know how to run a football club) and horrifically poor appointments. Woodward was a disaster for this club - it’s difficult to put into words what a £#%&! up that bloke has been - but the Glazers felt supporting him was the right approach. It just shows a breath taking lack of understanding. And it’s why I’ve got no time for Fergie now - how could these people watch all this unfold in the way it has from the sidelines and not demand change?

If Arnolds approach is to replicate Woodward’s then we’re £#%&!ed. Let’s see.

Unread 22-03-2022, 11:58 AM
redhegemony

They are revenue driven which is why Woodward has been such a success for them, driving commercial sponsorship, but that cycle has come to its end, part because of the shit football decision making and part external factors eg COVID.

No doubt the Glazers would want to see us challenging for the Premier League and ECL part because of ego and more importantly because of the commercial opportunities it brings - sponsors want to be associated with success. Imagine what an ECL final with Barcelona or Madrid could generate both short and long-term.

Let's face it they've spent enough money on players and wages to expect better outcomes than we are currently achieving.

I don't see how they can risk carrying out in the same vein and chancing Poch or someone else being able to break into the top 4 given 2/3 places seem sewn up. If it was more open then you could see the point.

Clearing out lots of highly paid non contributing players; Pogba, Mata, Martial, Jones, Lingard, etc frees up a huge amount of wages, and going down the route of young/cheaper players on lower salaries under ETH must be a hugely attractive option.

they have been fairly brutal with sacking Moyes and Van Gaal which suggests they aren't afraid of big decisions.

Unread 22-03-2022, 12:02 PM
armchair

They are treating us like we are Tampa Bay when we are actually more like the Dallas Cowboys.

Unread 22-03-2022, 05:18 PM
MagnificentSeven

a few years ago i would have been so excited for someone like him coming to united, but now it's hard, knowing that absolutely everything about this club stinks, and a new world class manager probably won't fix everything.

Unread 22-03-2022, 06:00 PM
windy waffles

Wonder if he will bring Daley Blind back with him...

Unread 22-03-2022, 06:56 PM
AK14

Is this almost done then?

How long before people are calling him a bald @#%&! and a fraud.

Unread 22-03-2022, 06:59 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Feel like the tide is changing. There’s only so much that can be repeated for people until people begin to change their minds. Hopefully he doesn’t , but if he fails , all the blame will be on the board and players . He clearly won’t have the structure in place nor the ambition from the owners and board or capability from recruitment for him to do his job to the best of his ability.

I can’t see him taking blame from fans even if they play shit and the crap continues. Unless obviously he starts to do something silly like make pogba captain or some crap.

I think people are getting wiser. If ETH can’t get these shit@#%&!s going nothing and nobody will. I think he is a talented manager but il be surprised if he has any backlash even if he fails.

Unread 22-03-2022, 07:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Dreams do come true.....

Unread 22-03-2022, 07:19 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

The day he officially signs I expect.

Or when he arrives in Manchester Airport at a push.

Unread 22-03-2022, 07:27 PM
Pop

Quote:

First dropped points... "Bald @#%&! needs to be sacked TONIGHT!"

Unread 22-03-2022, 07:33 PM
Mr_Ed

Well I for one am glad the dossiers have been completed. I hope they are bound and laminated.

Unread 22-03-2022, 07:59 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Dreams do come true.....

Have you been reading my sig?

Unread 22-03-2022, 08:22 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
First dropped points... "Bald @#%&! needs to be sacked TONIGHT!"
So opening day 2022/23.

Unread 22-03-2022, 11:44 PM
dunk

Unread 22-03-2022, 11:57 PM
Pop

I don't know why you are all getting excited over this guy, he'll end up somewhere else and Utd will sign some @#%&! like Graham Taylor or Paul Jewell.

Unread 23-03-2022, 12:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Why is there no front runner? Shouldn’t we have an idea of how we want to be and who fits that bill?

Are we just opening up interviews and hoping for the best?

The extensive search and phenomenal detail will probably see us get ancellotti

Unread 23-03-2022, 12:28 AM
Sparky***

Does anything get done at our club anymore without it being splashed all over the headlines?

Unread 23-03-2022, 12:28 AM
ZiggyStardust

Long way to go in the process of hiring a new manager they say

Hopefully they can get it sorted before the start of next season

Unread 23-03-2022, 12:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Unread 23-03-2022, 12:55 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
How does he lose it
By giving a bad power point presentation