United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2021, 10:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
To be fair he would be better than Martial
This doesn't in itself get my pulse racing tbf.

Unread 19-05-2021, 10:13 PM
saffers

Hes english so hes great.

Unread 19-05-2021, 10:57 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
he seems happy about it tbf

Crumps?

Unread 19-05-2021, 11:15 PM
tatty

He isn't shit.

Unread 19-05-2021, 11:18 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He isn't shit.
That is the best we can hope for

Unread 20-05-2021, 05:35 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
This doesn't in itself get my pulse racing tbf.
Not the point I was making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hes english so hes great.
Yeah. Everyone is saying they want Ings on this thread. They are saying it because he is English too.

Unread 20-05-2021, 05:53 AM
browser

We probably have 150-200m max to spend, (realistically more like half of that). Do you blow it all on a Kane or Haaland? Or try and make it stretch to Sancho, Rice and Ings?

Option 2 for me please Bob.

As much as I’d love Kane, he’s gonna go to City or Chelsea. Chelsea sorted out all their other deficiencies last season so only really have a striker spot left to fill. Roman will throw cash at it.

We’d still need 3/4 ahead of a striker even if we got the 3 I mentioned above. That’s the reality of the squad Mourinho left Ole with.

Unread 20-05-2021, 07:08 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
We probably have 150-200m max to spend, (realistically more like half of that). Do you blow it all on a Kane or Haaland? Or try and make it stretch to Sancho, Rice and Ings?

Option 2 for me please Bob.

As much as I’d love Kane, he’s gonna go to City or Chelsea. Chelsea sorted out all their other deficiencies last season so only really have a striker spot left to fill. Roman will throw cash at it.

We’d still need 3/4 ahead of a striker even if we got the 3 I mentioned above. That’s the reality of the squad Mourinho left Ole with.
I'd also go for the latter, but preferably without Danny Ings. Not even that certain about Rice.

Think we need major wheeling and dealing. although with our track record I'm not sure of a positive outcome. Still, must be someone out there willing to spend decent sums/swap deals on the likes of Martial, Lingard and possibly De Gea?

Unread 20-05-2021, 07:13 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I'd also go for the latter, but preferably without Danny Ings. Not even that certain about Rice.

Think we need major wheeling and dealing. although with our track record I'm not sure of a positive outcome. Still, must be someone out there willing to spend decent sums/swap deals on the likes of Martial, Lingard and possibly De Gea?
Lingard has to be a part of the Rice negotiations surely. I still think Tony has a place in the squad but if he appeals to Dortmund we should absolutely try and make him a part of the Sancho deal.

DDG it’s Paris or nobody and surely they’d just take Donnarumma on a free?

I actually rate Ings, he tends to finish most of his chances which is exactly what you need in a 3rd/4th choice striker. We need that depth.

Unread 20-05-2021, 06:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Not the point I was making.
Indeed not, but its the point I was making

Unread 20-05-2021, 06:22 PM
Curtis

Well this can £#%&! right off.

Unread 20-05-2021, 06:25 PM
20LEgend1999

Unread 20-05-2021, 08:46 PM
Sapien

The missing piece of the jigsaw nqat

Unread 21-05-2021, 01:33 AM
Part 36 Offer

Class player. We should have signed him last summer. Sancho, Varane, Ings and Rice would be an amazing summer. We would push city very close.

Unread 21-05-2021, 05:13 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
The missing piece of the jigsaw nqat

Unread 21-05-2021, 06:57 AM
suedeshoes

He's a half-decent Premier league striker but he's better than Martial.

I don't really want to sign him obv but I'd take a swap deal.

Unread 21-05-2021, 07:19 AM
Pop

Kane, Haaland and Mbappe will all be on the move this summer and Utd are after this two-bob £#%&!ing shithead. Ffs.

Unread 21-05-2021, 07:21 AM
guerreiro

Is he the one that failed at Liverpool? Or was that some other bang average striker

Unread 21-05-2021, 07:24 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Is he the one that failed at Liverpool? Or was that some other bang average striker
The one and only.

On 15 October 2015, in his first training session under new manager Jürgen Klopp, Ings suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in his left knee and was ruled out for the remainder of the season.[62] However, Ings returned sooner than anticipated, making a substitute appearance in the final match of the season, a 1–1 draw away to West Bromwich Albion.[63] Ings began the 2016–17 season playing in the reserves to help regain fitness. On 25 October 2016, Ings sustained damage to his right knee in a League Cup match against Tottenham Hotspur that would require another spell on the sidelines of up to 9 months.

Beats me how Real Madrid weren't all over him after the vermin got shot of him.

Unread 21-05-2021, 07:25 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Yep, 3 goals in 3 years.
Closed Thread