United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:19 PM
Stickman

No flip flopping from me here. It’s a bit fanciful to think he turned into a good tactician over the past week

I expect he’ll get the season unless Atalanta beat us, which they shouldn’t if we set up pragmatically again.

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He’s here for the season nqat and will most likely lead us into next season too

Southgate is our next manager so make the most of days like today pal.
Please stop this

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:24 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Complaining about today's setup yet is on his knees gagging for Conte.

You're confused, lad.
Complaining or pointing out the hypocrisy of the "this is man utd" lot.

Cultural reboot my arse.

Can't wait for Big Antonio to arrive.

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:25 PM
75Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
No flip flopping from me here. It’s a bit fanciful to think he turned into a good tactician over the past week

I expect he’ll get the season unless Atalanta beat us, which they shouldn’t if we set up pragmatically again.
This.

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:30 PM
MagnificentSeven

under immense pressure after two horrific results, both the press and a lot of our fans calling for his head. even i, a very ardent defender of his over the past three years, became skeptical about him.

in response, he changed up his tactics and made a difference. some of the stuff we played in the second half was great. i know spurs are dogshit but you can only beat what's in front of you, and we did very comfortably, against someone who is something of a bogey manager for us.

even if you want him gone you've got to say fair play to him for what he did tonight. he clearly knew his previous tactics weren't working and he did something about it.

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:31 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
under immense pressure after two horrific results, both the press and a lot of our fans calling for his head. even i, a very ardent defender of his over the past three years, became skeptical about him.

in response, he changed up his tactics and made a difference. some of the stuff we played in the second half was great. i know spurs are dogshit but you can only beat what's in front of you, and we did very comfortably, against someone who is something of a bogey manager for us.

even if you want him gone you've got to say fair play to him for what he did tonight. he clearly knew his previous tactics weren't working and he did something about it.
Fair play for just sticking 5 men at the back and playing on the break when he has spent so much money and has Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho on the bench?

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:37 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Fair play for just sticking 5 men at the back and playing on the break when he has spent so much money and has Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho on the bench?
well it worked, did it not? also, not to discredit them, but they all started within the previous two games...

but really, we can't complain about having that wealth of attacking talent to bring off the bench.

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Or you could frame it as:

We needed to do something different to change fortunes. He recognised we were so poor off the ball and sought to rectify. That platform gave the attacking players the chance to make an impact and we scored three excellent goals and had another disallowed. We made good use of the squad and Ole showed he can adaptable.

Or maybe it’s somewhere in between.

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:39 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Exactly! , you’re finally getting it

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:51 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Yep. Still don’t think he has what it takes for the next level, and last week will never be forgotten, but if he were to prove me wrong I’d be delighted.

Unread 30-10-2021, 10:57 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

Hmmm… it took a 5-0 slapping by the vermin, which was coming, to realise.

An elite level manager should have seen this and fixed it quickly rather than wait until late October.

He had no choice but to react today.

Unread 30-10-2021, 11:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

An elite level manager should have seen this and fixed it quickly rather than wait until late October.

Of course it’s a late reaction, but he did have a choice. He could have stuck with the same in the faith it would all come good. Would anyone have been surprised if it was?

Unread 30-10-2021, 11:12 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

same with the 6-1 last season and we ended up having a very strong league campaign.

just need that cup trophy

Unread 30-10-2021, 11:45 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Saffers: "I want Conte, NOW!!!"

Ole at Spurs: "You wot m8?"

Unread 30-10-2021, 11:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

£#%&!ing hell

Unread 30-10-2021, 11:55 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Glad you went to the trouble of editing that pic for me chief.

Unread 31-10-2021, 08:37 AM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep. Still don’t think he has what it takes for the next level, and last week will never be forgotten, but if he were to prove me wrong I’d be delighted.
That’s it for me. I adore the bloke, but last week will always be on his record.

Unread 31-10-2021, 09:17 AM
MUFC One Love

He still has to go but it's nice he has shut a few people up.

Unread 31-10-2021, 10:39 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Looks photoshopped to me

No way Ole wears that suit.

Unread 31-10-2021, 10:41 AM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He still has to go but it's nice he has shut a few people up.
Hear hear
Now we can appoint his replacement at the time of our choosing like the properly run club we are.
Closed Thread