United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2021, 06:28 AM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
That's the trade off - keep Ole or it's Fletcher/Phelan/Carrick unless you can persuade Conte to be a caretaker, I'd assume he's not towards the top of the list as permanent otherwise he'd be in. If we appoint Conte now that sort of suggests to me the top choices won't come or they are still negotiating.

You'd assume that now some serious conversations are being held at arms length as now potential managers can see the opening where before it was 'what if'.

The problem is this is Manchester United not Cheltenham Town where you'd have dozens to choose from.

Antonio Conte is open to discussing any role, and is among the candidates mooted for the Barca job.

Now what

Unread 28-10-2021, 06:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
Antonio Conte is open to discussing any role, and is among the candidates mooted for the Barca job.

Now what
That’s football

Unread 28-10-2021, 06:50 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
That’s football
Let's go out and enjoy it.

Unread 28-10-2021, 07:01 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

Now what
And how do we know that……

Unread 28-10-2021, 07:18 AM
Sapien

Quote:

Now what
We go for Koeman

Unread 28-10-2021, 07:20 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Fergie was...
Here we go.

Get the Almanac out... what does it say? It says here that over 30 years ago, the biggest one-off in football history, a complete freak and the greatest manager of all time, went from painful defeat v city to unfathomable glory.

Right, there must be a chance of that happening here then.

So let’s pretend the worst result any of us have ever seen, the horrific football humiliation of our worst nightmares, never happened, stick with something that is obviously not working, and risk further humiliation of the club, players, fans and manager, a decent guy being publicly destroyed, simply because something else happened involving a completely different group of people in a completely different setting with completely different circumstances, 30 odd years ago.

Unread 28-10-2021, 07:49 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Let's go out and enjoy it.
...and see what happens.

Unread 28-10-2021, 08:17 AM
Mr_Ed

Barca don’t £#%&! about. Koeman sacked. The bloke who scored their winner in the 92 European Cup final.

That’s exactly how to do it rather than ‘wait and see’.

He’d be gone already if Real had slapped them 5-0

Unread 28-10-2021, 08:18 AM
Sapien

They had previously lost 2 consecutive CL games 0-3 tbf

Unread 28-10-2021, 09:23 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
and the El Classico

Unread 28-10-2021, 09:30 AM
shenwen

Quote:
They dithered as much as we are doing.
And surprise surprise he never managed to “turn it around”

Unread 28-10-2021, 09:32 AM
magic_cantona

I didnt want Conte but I'd take him today if it meant Olé and his clowns were out the door. Conte would at least bring structure and discipline. He's won the Premier League and you don't do that by being hopeless.

Unread 28-10-2021, 09:32 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
They dithered as much as we are doing.
And surprise surprise he never managed to “turn it around”
Yep, he's been a dead man walking for weeks.

Unread 28-10-2021, 09:34 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I didnt want Conte but I'd take him today if it meant Olé and his clowns were out the door. Conte would at least bring structure and discipline. He's won the Premier League and you don't do that by being hopeless.
I didnt want Mourinho but I'd take him today if it meant Van Gaal and his clowns were out the door. Mourinho would at least bring structure and discipline. He's won the Premier League and you don't do that by being hopeless.

Unread 28-10-2021, 09:43 AM
Bion

You remember when
United stunned Manchester City when winning 2-1 away at the Etihad in December 2019

Solskjaer went toe-to-toe with Pep Guardiola on that cold winter night and emphatically came out on top. It was a counter-attacking masterclass with United looking electric on every break.

Where is that team ?

Unread 28-10-2021, 09:48 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Barca don’t £#%&! about. Koeman sacked. The bloke who scored their winner in the 92 European Cup final.

That’s exactly how to do it rather than ‘wait and see’.

He’d be gone already if Real had slapped them 5-0
yep they truly dont .. cant pay players cant keep the clubs greatest player , cant sign players unless other players take wage cuts , havent a pot to piss in .. yep proper club

Unread 28-10-2021, 10:04 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He will and he’ll stay until the end of the season imo

We should be good enough for top 4 and that’s all that matter to the owners etc

They’ll replace him in the summer, but probably won’t start sounding their preferred choice out until the summer so we’ll be playing catch up at the start of next season.

Oh and it’ll probably be someone that’s available right now who they’ll end up going for…
this, sadly.

if we were well run, we'd have said 'thanks, but it's time to go' to ole on sunday night, and gone all out to get the best manager we can asap to give him this season to assess, but this is united 2021

Unread 28-10-2021, 11:22 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
yep they truly dont .. cant pay players cant keep the clubs greatest player , cant sign players unless other players take wage cuts , havent a pot to piss in .. yep proper club

A shambles ww can only aspire to.

Unread 28-10-2021, 11:32 AM
naes_sean

Quote:
I didnt want Mourinho but I'd take him today if it meant Van Gaal and his clowns were out the door. Mourinho would at least bring structure and discipline. He's won the Premier League and you don't do that by being hopeless.

Unread 28-10-2021, 11:35 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Stop calling him Olé ffs
Closed Thread