Unread 27-10-2021, 07:39 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yourey angry at the wrong Norwegian...

He spot on tbf I blame Ronny Johnsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
That's great, but the issue is that they hadn't prepared for it already. The Liverpool game wasn't exactly a bolt out of the blue.
They probably have in that there might be a wish list but you can't be contacting your favoured candidate in the summer and say if Ole £#%&!s up at any time will you take it.

I really hope they take the time to get the right person otherwise we are going round in circles. So then the question is who do you want running the show for the next few games Ole, Phelan Carrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Disagree, If that was Moyes or Jose in charge on Sunday they would have gone after the final whistle.
and who would be managing on Monday?

Unread 27-10-2021, 07:57 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I don’t think the board/owners being incompetent is exactly news though is it?

Hedgers has nailed the reason Ole is still in a job, but people are still wetting their nappies because he hasn’t been sacked yet.
Really didn't think reds would call other reds nappy wetters after losing 5-0 at Old Trafford to Liverpool in a game Liverpool actually stopped scoring in out of pity when they could have easily had 8 or 9. Liverpool pitying United at OT ffs.

You're all talking like it was some shock result out of nowhere, some freak cup exit to Barnsley, and people are making knee-jerk demands for the manager's head.

I get that they need to make the right decision and their incompetence has backed them into a corner. But the issue being overlooked here is how much further damage is done the longer he stays and whether waiting too long will actually make things worse. Are we all prepared to watch the same thing again against city, or even worse? How do we know that won't happen, considering the players are clearly devoid of confidence and aren't buying his ideas?

Unread 27-10-2021, 07:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Disagree, If that was Moyes or Jose in charge on Sunday they would have gone after the final whistle.
Yes, this much at least is surely true.

Indeed the latter went just after a much less embarrassing (if still pretty bad) defeat to Liverpool.

Unread 27-10-2021, 07:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Liverpool fans at Preston, singing a song about our manager being our manager.

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Really didn't think reds would call other reds nappy wetters after losing 5-0 at Old Trafford to Liverpool in a game Liverpool actually stopped scoring in out of pity when they could have easily had 8 or 9. Liverpool pitying United at OT ffs.

You're all talking like it was some shock result out of nowhere, some freak cup exit to Barnsley, and people are making knee-jerk demands for the manager's head.

I get that they need to make the right decision and their incompetence has backed them into a corner. But the issue being overlooked here is how much further damage is done the longer he stays and whether waiting too long will actually make things worse. Are we all prepared to watch the same thing again against city, or even worse? How do we know that won't happen, considering the players are clearly devoid of confidence and aren't buying his ideas?
How do you know that won’t happen if they give the job to Fletcher

I’m not saying it’s kneejerk to want him gone? I want him gone. I just think it’s pretty obvious he’s on his way, the only issue is when. And there’s some extremely salient points Hedgers has made, that people seem to be ignoring when they’re stamping their feet and demanding him gone yesterday.

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:02 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Some of the stuff on here

Be a bit more considered. If Glazer asks if Ole should be sacked the follow up question is 'who do we get to replace him and how much will it all cost?'

Quite normal sensible questions especially given Moyes et al. This job is in the top 3 of club football and the number of people able to cope with it assuming they have the skills and experience is tiny.

The overwhelming majority of this tiny group are in work. Getting one of the others may be difficult and time consuming. So that leaves Conte.

We don't have a suitable caretaker and we have been down that road.

The club is absolutely right to get the right manager and if they have doubts about Conte for whatever reason it would be crazy to appoint him and then have to go through this all again.

It makes perfect sense to leave Ole in post whilst they sort out who will replace him. If we assume they want someone currently employed it needs to be negotiated and they may not be free at the moment.

So if they sack Ole now and the long term target isn't available who runs the team? Unless Conte would take it on a temporary basis - why would he and how unsettling would that be?
Give Ronaldo the job as player manager.

Seriously.

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:02 PM
naes_sean

Default oh noes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:03 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Why are you watching Liverpool play Preston you headcase

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:03 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Tbf I think Preston is their home town (and possible second team)?

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Can’t find the remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, look at you!

And gender neutral pronouns. Zorg will be pleased.

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:06 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Doc is a Two Team Tommy?? Christ almighty, his poor keyboard.

Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
He spot on tbf I blame Ronny Johnsson

They probably have in that there might be a wish list but you can't be contacting your favoured candidate in the summer and say if Ole f***s up at any time will you take it.

I really hope they take the time to get the right person otherwise we are going round in circles. So then the question is who do you want running the show for the next few games Ole, Phelan Carrick?
Phelan should be able to pull the defence together, a sacrificial change in the coaching staff with Ole hands on if he has it in him.
Coaching expertise can and should be brought in a month six weeks to see a difference.
By Christmas Poch may have left/been sacked, he is the clubs choice I believe.
I think Ole has a lot to offer Utd still. Dof maybe.
but this was always going to be his last season as Manager.

redhegemony

Quote:

That's the trade off - keep Ole or it's Fletcher/Phelan/Carrick unless you can persuade Conte to be a caretaker, I'd assume he's not towards the top of the list as permanent otherwise he'd be in. If we appoint Conte now that sort of suggests to me the top choices won't come or they are still negotiating.

You'd assume that now some serious conversations are being held at arms length as now potential managers can see the opening where before it was 'what if'.

The problem is this is Manchester United not Cheltenham Town where you'd have dozens to choose from.

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Doc is a Two Team Tommy?? Christ almighty, his poor keyboard.
It’s fine. Internet hasn’t made it to Preston yet.

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Can’t find the remote.

Well, look at you!

And gender neutral pronouns. Zorg will be pleased.
Well maybe it is justifiable for you of all people

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:14 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Phelan should be able to pull the defence together, a sacrificial change in the coaching staff with Ole hands on if he has it in him.
Coaching expertise can and should be brought in a month six weeks to see a difference.
By Christmas Poch may have left/been sacked, he is the clubs choice I believe.
I think Ole has a lot to offer Utd still. Dof maybe.
but this was always going to be his last season as Manager.
I sort of agree but who would this coach be - someone with sufficient expertise and %@#$&!s to step up. We have the same problem as finding a manager, anyone who fits the bill is working.

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Well maybe it is justifiable for you of all people
Amazing how one joke, one time, has stuck for about ten years.

Tuco

Quote:

Unread 27-10-2021, 08:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Sometimes a manager just hits a wall too. And that’s happened here. He’s better than this. He’s been better than this…. But when something is THIS bad, it just has to end…. And the season is still alive, particularly in the champions league.
Closed Thread