United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2016, 01:59 PM
saffers

Default You don't go from losers in 3 seasons to winners in 3 weeks

With each setback it will look clearer for the manager what needs to be done.

I believe in him.

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Cream

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:01 PM
believe

It would be slightly more comforting if we didn't keep making the same mistakes though. Maybe the truth is that after Ferguson the job is literally too big for anyone.

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:02 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

I believe in him.
i hope so...
because at the moment it seems the manager doesn't know what he is doing...

Lok

Utter %@#$&!s.

No excuses, that wasn't nearly good enough. If the same players keep letting you down, don't pick them.

It's easy to sub Lingard at half time and drop him. We're paying Mou millions to make the tough decisions like dropping Rooney. He hasn't done it and signs are that he wont.

It's been an awful week and if we start with a similar team next week then it's going to be a very long season.

TheFatGoth

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Red Santos

He's brought himself another Rooney predicament.......with #IamZlatan

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:05 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i hope so...
because at the moment it seems the manager doesn't know what he is doing...
I'd start questioning if come November we still see Fellaini and Rooney killing our midfield. Heck i'd start questioning if either of those start in midfield v Leicester.

Time to stop self inflicted damage. The famous four wins in August were not because of Fellaini and Rooney. We actually didnt even play that well as Mourinho himself admitted. It was just an improvement on the last cancerous seasons.

I'm not having hes gonna keep faith with underperformers when he has so many options. Full weeks rest now and training ahead of Leicester. No excuses.

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I'd start questioning if come November we still see Fellaini and Rooney killing our midfield. Heck i'd start questioning if either of those start in midfield v Leicester.

Time to stop self inflicted damage. The famous four wins in August were not because of Fellaini and Rooney. We actually didnt even play that well as Mourinho himself admitted. It was just an improvement on the last cancerous seasons.

I'm not having hes gonna keep faith with underperformers when he has so many options. Full weeks rest now and training ahead of Leicester. No excuses.
We play midweek.

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:08 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:

I believe in him.
Come on Saffers. Everyone on this forum knows Fellaini shouldn't be playing. Everyone bar three or four Rooney dickriders knows that Rooney shouldn't be an automatic starter.

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:08 PM
bobbledinho

Quote:

Northampton midweek pal. We go again.

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:09 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
We play midweek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Come on Saffers. Everyone on this forum knows Fellaini shouldn't be playing. Everyone bar three or four Rooney dickriders knows that Rooney shouldn't be an automatic starter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Northampton midweek pal. We go again.
*logs off*

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:11 PM
marlo

Quote:

we play on wednesday

mourinho is shaping up to be the worst of the lot if time is not taken.
he has come in last so should be able to learn from mistakes , identify underlying problems and solve them...instead he is putting out weaker teams than moyes and lvg put out.

if pogba goes up field and caught out, fellani always run to the ball, given that we are playing two forwards out wide....we then have a £#%&!ing gran canyon in the middle of the park every 5 minutes....its unbelievable how many passes the opposition complete THROUGH our midfield.

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Jethro

£#%&! me, I agree with Marlo

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:34 PM
andyroo

With all due respect saffers, you kept telling us if we'd sacked van Gaal last December and appointed Mourinho he'd have turned it around no sweat. So forgive me if I take this with a few grains of salt.

Unread 18-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Tronics

we all know this deep down but this is just another example of - new manager + blank cheque does NOT = success

imbalanced squad, hiring and firing of managers, years of more misses than hits in the transfer market and a recent history of underperforming have lead to this

we are where we are on merit tbh, was silly to expect Mourinho to single handedly change it, but what we do need now is clear heads and no knee jerk reactions

still a long long way to go

Unread 18-09-2016, 03:25 PM
red in cumbria

Well if there is any pride left at all in our bunch of soft arses, there are worse times to start putting things right than a cup game at Northampton. But I'm not holding my breath.

Unread 18-09-2016, 03:50 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well if there is any pride left at all in our bunch of soft arses, there are worse times to start putting things right than a cup game at Northampton. But I'm not holding my breath.
I'm sure that'll be a "shit competition" that "doesn't matter" either so a zombie performance like Feyenoord will be somehow acceptable as well.

Unread 18-09-2016, 04:47 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
With all due respect saffers, you kept telling us if we'd sacked van Gaal last December and appointed Mourinho he'd have turned it around no sweat. So forgive me if I take this with a few grains of salt.
You don't think Mourinho would have improved on what we got between December and May? You don't think we'd be the ones in the CL now and not City?

Take this thread with a grain of salt? Really controversial thread, backing a man that's won as many games as he has lost a month into the season.

Unread 18-09-2016, 04:53 PM
TC23 Henchasaurus

That team selection today was worse than anything LVG ever served up.

"For me Rooney will never play midfield" oh £#%&!ing really Jose?

We don't look fit enough, we look slow and unathletic all over the pitch and we will continue to struggle against teams that press us and get in our face and have speed and strength.

Next up Leicester so right away we are struggling as they will do exactly the same. Troy Deeny said it post match- interview guy "what was the game plan?" Troy "rough em up"
Closed Thread