United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2014, 08:12 AM
Curtis

Default Rene Meulensteen

Reports he could be rejoining the coaching staff.

Can only be a good thing if it happens, surely?

Unread 31-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Lok

Is he as good as he makes out?

Not convinced.

The football was shit when he was previously employed and I can't remember a single first team player who improved under his coaching.

I'd rather have Queiroz back.

Unread 31-08-2014, 08:48 AM
wonky no

Who's our goalkeeping coach at the moment?

Unread 31-08-2014, 08:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
lawless

Unread 31-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Lok

Quote:
Frans Hoek

Unread 31-08-2014, 09:19 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Is he as good as he makes out?

Not convinced.

The football was shit when he was previously employed and I can't remember a single first team player who improved under his coaching.

I'd rather have Queiroz back.
This.

I didn't mind him being £#%&!ed off, just not for Round and Wee Jimmy :shakehead:

Unread 31-08-2014, 09:21 AM
JakeB

Really couldn't give a £#%&! if he comes back or not. As said above, we played shit football whenever he was involved, and he's made a complete £#%&!ing mess of every job he's touched outside of United.

Unread 31-08-2014, 09:41 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Frans Hoek
Quote:
What are the needs, the demands for the goalkeeper at this moment in the game? It's always about what the game asks from the goalkeeper. All the clubs where I worked I made a profile out of the information I got out of the games, a profile of the ideal goalkeeper for that club, and when you have that profile - that's the base, that's the vision, that's the philosophy - you have to find a way... How can I work with this goalkeeper to the profile that is needed for this club.

“”
— Frans Hoek on the "Hoek Method"[1]
Can't think why he's here...

Unread 31-08-2014, 10:03 AM
redrose

Quote:
Can't think why he's here...
It's like the Midwich £#%&!ing cuckoos is LVG world...

Unread 31-08-2014, 10:08 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
lawless

Unread 31-08-2014, 11:13 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
This.

I didn't mind him being £#%&!ed off, just not for Round and Wee Jimmy :shakehead:
Let us know when you put the goal posts down.

Unread 31-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Vedder

Unread 31-08-2014, 12:01 PM
ashtonred

Sky Sports wording of the speculation ..

"There is no truth in Rene Meulensteen rejoining Manchester United either to assist Louis van Gall or replace him"

Unread 31-08-2014, 12:12 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
player of the season last year
competition for that accolade wasn't exactly fierce was it overall a big step backwards in his general play and assuredness, though hardly helped by the loss of rio,vida and paddy.

Unread 31-08-2014, 12:16 PM
rogieop

Yeah £#%&! him.

wouldnt take him back, we played shit football when he was here, as opposed to now when we are zippingthe ball about nd beating teams out of sight.

Unread 31-08-2014, 12:29 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
competition for that accolade wasn't exactly fierce was it overall a big step backwards in his general play and assuredness, though hardly helped by the loss of rio,vida and paddy.
depends which 50% of your glass you look at.

could have been out the top 10 without him. busiest season he's had since being here and pulled us out the shit on countless occasions. i expected to see his piles fall with woods in the role. proved a few wrong, for me.

Unread 31-08-2014, 01:31 PM
gbmufc

I think our back three are also currently doing an excellent job with De Gea`s confidence.

Unread 07-09-2014, 05:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Is this bloke actually suggesting he should have got the job after Fergie?

Quote:
"Being there with him first hand, I always felt the biggest challenge for Manchester United was managing the time after Sir Alex Ferguson announced his retirement," Meulensteen told Sunday Exclusive.

"There were only two ways about it – to bring in someone from outside, which they did with David Moyes, or to try and build it from within, which I personally thought would have been the better option.

"Manchester United is such a unique club and Sir Alex Ferguson has been so important in building that uniqueness. There’s been a lot of continuity and stability which are the two main parts for any club to be successful.

"That would have been the key to make sure you maintain that. You maintain that continuity, the stability and the philosophy that has run through the club for so many years."
Loves a bit of self-promotion, this lad

Quote:
"I don’t think he never ever anticipated that David Moyes would get rid of his backroom staff. I think that is where the core of the problems started."

Unread 07-09-2014, 05:28 PM
andyroo

Moyes' problem wasn't sacking Meulensteen. His problem was being Moyes.

Unread 07-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
lawless
Closed Thread