United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Baron

van Persie said he was one of the best coaches in the world, & he did coach Ronaldo during his rise regardless of what people think about that YouTube shit.

Coaching has £#%&! all to do with management (in a general sense, i.e. Fergie was a great manager but he spent almost no time on the training ground - correct?). Coaches simply help with incremental changes, the gaffer is there to hold it all together.

Rene seems like a bit of a @#%&!, but that's a very Dutch mentality in footballing terms, realistically it seems to me he was a progressive coach, who did his job superbly well. Whether he'd have a scooby about management I seriously doubt, but his contribution can't be undermined just because he's been sought out by the media to provide a glimpse at the inner sanctum of Fergies last few (hugely successful) years.

Eric Steele is in this months UWS I believe - top notch interview, the guy was a good enough keeper in his day, but he's clearly had a great deal of time to think about the coaching side of the game since he was 40 & went full time in the profession. It's interesting to hear these guys thoughts, they see only the tramlines of their own involvement - Fergie's genius was stepping back, looking at a bigger picture & using these lads to tweak, cajole, lift etc the lads on a closer basis.

I love the way some people think football is some utterly simple concept of XI v XI & nothing else. It's an incredibly intricate balancing act & as proven by most managers 2-3 year stint at a club one not a lot of people can really control. Rene played his part, Moyes might not of known to what extent but it's clear he's his own man & will do it his way with his team around him. To me that seems like the only sensible solution. Maintain control, maintain the air of being the top dog & so long as he wins football matches the authority at the club will grow, but it will takes years to ingrain himself. £#%&!ing years.

Unread 30-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Sparky***

Didn't read that, Rene.

Unread 30-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
van Persie said he was one of the best coaches in the world, & he did coach Ronaldo during his rise regardless of what people think about that YouTube shit.

Coaching has £#%&! all to do with management (in a general sense, i.e. Fergie was a great manager but he spent almost no time on the training ground - correct?). Coaches simply help with incremental changes, the gaffer is there to hold it all together.

Rene seems like a bit of a @#%&!, but that's a very Dutch mentality in footballing terms, realistically it seems to me he was a progressive coach, who did his job superbly well. Whether he'd have a scooby about management I seriously doubt, but his contribution can't be undermined just because he's been sought out by the media to provide a glimpse at the inner sanctum of Fergies last few (hugely successful) years.

Eric Steele is in this months UWS I believe - top notch interview, the guy was a good enough keeper in his day, but he's clearly had a great deal of time to think about the coaching side of the game since he was 40 & went full time in the profession. It's interesting to hear these guys thoughts, they see only the tramlines of their own involvement - Fergie's genius was stepping back, looking at a bigger picture & using these lads to tweak, cajole, lift etc the lads on a closer basis.

I love the way some people think football is some utterly simple concept of XI v XI & nothing else. It's an incredibly intricate balancing act & as proven by most managers 2-3 year stint at a club one not a lot of people can really control. Rene played his part, Moyes might not of known to what extent but it's clear he's his own man & will do it his way with his team around him. To me that seems like the only sensible solution. Maintain control, maintain the air of being the top dog & so long as he wins football matches the authority at the club will grow, but it will takes years to ingrain himself. £#%&!ing years.
S2C Throb stealing Baron's login like this.

Unread 30-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Didn't read that, Rene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
S2C Throb stealing Baron's login like this.
%@#$&!s.

Unread 30-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
%@#$&!s.
Closed Thread