United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Closed Thread

Unread 15-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs up Round 1 - Beef Wellingtonington & Fried Potatoes w/ Garlic & Rosemary

Beforehand I seasoned the steak in salt and pepper and then put it back in the fridge. After rolling the pasty out I finely chopped some mushrooms and onions and lightly fried them.

Once done I spread the pate over the pastry to give the beef a good base. Onions and mushrooms on top of that and then fried the steak for a minute or so to seal in the juices.

Wrapped the steak in bacon and placed it on the pate/onion/mushroom base. Then I wrapped the pastry to make a parcel, as you do etc, before brushing it with egg.

While that was cooking, I chopped the potatoes and par boiled them. Then the phone rang so I probably overdid them by a couple of minutes.
I heated some oil in a pan and then put the potatoes in, adding garlic and rosemary and frying till golden (well, till the steak was done).

The obligatory money shots:

Should have secured the pastry better but I think it looks ok. Tasted delicious too

Last edited by Switching Off; 15-06-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Unread 15-06-2010, 08:30 PM
hopkins

Thumbs up Re: Round 1 - Beef Wellingtonington & Fried Potatoes w/ Garlic & Rosemary

good effort, where's the money shot of your beef?

Unread 15-06-2010, 08:31 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up Re: Round 1 - Beef Wellingtonington & Fried Potatoes w/ Garlic & Rosemary

I hate mushrooms me, but I'd wolf that down no problem. Looks like a proper plate of English scran.

The lad's got skills. No doubt about it...

But now I am fookin starvin, and going to bed hungry after another bout of needless shouting from her indoors.

Unread 15-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: Round 1 - Beef Wellingtonington & Fried Potatoes w/ Garlic & Rosemary

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
good effort, where's the money shot of your beef?
Never thought Hoppers tbf, I should have taken a picture of it cut in half. Will know for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I hate mushrooms me, but I'd wolf that down no problem. Looks like a proper plate of English scran.

The lad's got skills. No doubt about it...

But now I am fookin starvin, and going to bed hungry after another bout of needless shouting from her indoors.
Praise from the man

Unread 15-06-2010, 09:30 PM
forzagarza

Default Re: Round 1 - Beef Wellingtonington & Fried Potatoes w/ Garlic & Rosemary

No united or Fred related memorabilia

Unread 15-06-2010, 09:42 PM
CamelToe

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
it's not a prerequisite for the competition this time. but if you look closely he has written 'nft' in the pastry.

Unread 15-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe
it's not a prerequisite for the competition this time. but if you look closely he has written 'nft' in the pastry.

Unread 15-06-2010, 09:49 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe
Good cos I didn't want to get duck fat all over my Giggsy duvet.

Unread 15-06-2010, 09:50 PM
BarryX

Quote:
too much man fat on that already, I take it

Unread 15-06-2010, 09:51 PM
CamelToe

Quote:
yes cos that would be what the white splashes really are
Closed Thread