United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2021, 06:00 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Thought I’d try and get up to speed and get to know the man by reading his wiki. Wish I hadn’t. Why does he move on after a year at most places?
Owns a lot of timeshares.

Unread 27-11-2021, 06:12 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Thought I’d try and get up to speed and get to know the man by reading his wiki. Wish I hadn’t. Why does he move on after a year at most places?
Dunno. Don’t care and he is only interim for 6 months so no issue pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
He suffers from chronic fatigue syndrome.

But basically it looks like he was a relatively unsuccessful manager prior to getting the job at Hoffenheim where they worked their way up from the 4th tier (backed by a billionaire). Moved to Schalke, but was too tired to be a manager so spent 8 years with Red Bull where he built his reputation up as Director of Football and occasionally taking over as manager until they could find someone who didn't get knackered all the time.

In the last 15 years he's spent 5 years at one club, 6 months at another, 8 years at a drinks company, 4 months in Russia and had a year off.
Drink problem then?

First signing will be Herrera then.

Unread 28-11-2021, 02:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
He suffers from chronic fatigue syndrome.

But basically it looks like he was a relatively unsuccessful manager prior to getting the job at Hoffenheim where they worked their way up from the 4th tier (backed by a billionaire). Moved to Schalke, but was too tired to be a manager so spent 8 years with Red Bull where he built his reputation up as Director of Football and occasionally taking over as manager until they could find someone who didn't get knackered all the time.

In the last 15 years he's spent 5 years at one club, 6 months at another, 8 years at a drinks company, 4 months in Russia and had a year off.
German Steve Bruce, without the staying power.

Unread 28-11-2021, 11:59 AM
92ToBury

Has already identified a midfielder as his first signing

Unread 28-11-2021, 12:09 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Has already identified a midfielder as his first signing
That’s insight from raggers right there.

He knows what’s what.

Unread 28-11-2021, 01:54 PM
Pop

Harry Redknapp very upset about this appointment in this mornings rags.

Never heard anything as ridiculous in his life apparently. Completely undermines Michael Carrick who should have been given the job for the rest of the season he said whilst wearing a Union Jack suit with a St George flag draped over his shoulders.

Silly old stroke faced @#%&!.

Unread 28-11-2021, 02:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Harry Redknapp very upset about this appointment in this mornings rags.

Never heard anything as ridiculous in his life apparently. Completely undermines Michael Carrick who should have been given the job for the rest of the season he said whilst wearing a Union Jack suit with a St George flag draped over his shoulders.

Silly old stroke faced @#%&!.
Paul Merson was the same yesterday.

“Why they hiring an interim?”

Because none of their targets will leave midseason, Paul.

Based on the reaction, you’d think we were the first club to ever hire an interim.

Unread 28-11-2021, 02:44 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Based on the reaction, you’d think we were the first club to ever hire an interim.
Is it that common? Or is it the same as a caretaker? I don’t think I’d heard the words Interim or Rangnick in football before last week.

Unread 28-11-2021, 02:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Remember when Arsene Wenger came in mid-season in 1996 at Arsenal? Similar reaction from Merson and the assembled piss-cans at Arsenal I should imagine.

"Why 'is geeza cammin in from fackin' Japan, tellin' me and me mates to stop drinkin' 15 pints after fackin' trainin'? "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Upset about being in the dark? Diddums. What the £#%&! do they want? The Chief Exec to have them all in to ask which manager they'd like? Like we're doing a £#%&!ing public consultation or something?

"Captain Harry, what kind of manager would you like?"

"Sausages"

"Right...Now Anthony, what kind of manager would you like?"

"Someone who'll let me stroll around and sort of jog towards the ball occasionally, please"

"And Paul, what kind of manager would you like? Paul? oh that's right you're not here as usual because you're in dubai making instagram videos"

Unread 28-11-2021, 03:03 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Remember when Arsene Wenger came in mid-season in 1996 at Arsenal? Similar reaction from Merson and the assembled piss-cans at Arsenal I should imagine.

"Why 'is geeza cammin in from fackin' Japan, tellin' me and me mates to stop drinkin' 15 pints after fackin' trainin'? "

Upset about being in the dark? Diddums. What the £#%&! do they want? The Chief Exec to have them all in to ask which manager they'd like? Like we're doing a £#%&!ing public consultation or something?

"Sausages"

*Luke Shaw with his mouth full* “I second this!”

"Someone who'll let me stroll around and sort of jog towards the ball occasionally, please"

"And Paul, what kind of manager would you like? Paul? oh that's right you're not here as usual because you're in dubai making instagram videos"

Edited it a bit to make it a tad more realistic

Unread 28-11-2021, 03:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

"Sausages"

Xenophobia at its finest. He was also asking what he’s done. Paul, you’re supposed to be a football ‘expert’, you should know. If not, do your research. You should know who he is. If we’d hired Steve Bruce they’d have probably lauded it. Good honest manager etc.

Unread 28-11-2021, 03:21 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Is it that common? Or is it the same as a caretaker? I don’t think I’d heard the words Interim or Rangnick in football before last week.
Hiddink has done it twice at Chelsea. Bayern have done it a few times too. I don’t think it’s common, more that in the unlikely circumstances a manager gets sacked relatively early on in a season, it’s pretty hard to prise anyone away from their current club, so it’s the smart thing to do imo.

Unread 28-11-2021, 03:30 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Xenophobia at its finest. He was also asking what he’s done. Paul, you’re supposed to be a football ‘expert’, you should know. If not, do your research. You should know who he is. If we’d hired Steve Bruce they’d have probably lauded it. Good honest manager etc.
Don't kid yourself. They'd have slagged us off whoever we'd have picked.

Unread 28-11-2021, 04:51 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Hiddink has done it twice at Chelsea. Bayern have done it a few times too. I don’t think it’s common, more that in the unlikely circumstances a manager gets sacked relatively early on in a season, it’s pretty hard to prise anyone away from their current club, so it’s the smart thing to do imo.
Chelsea had Benitez and Avram Grant too.

Unread 28-11-2021, 05:50 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Chelsea had Benitez and Avram Grant too.
Chelsea legend

https://youtu.be/TB47Ran3hDY (naughty language)

Unread 28-11-2021, 06:14 PM
saffers

Big moves for Rangers to make...

Unread 28-11-2021, 06:16 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Big moves for Rangers to make...
Yeah. Like ringing Woodward & telling him he can't make it to Manchester, cos he's snowed in. For the next 9 months.

Unread 29-11-2021, 08:59 AM
Drexl

This is the week boys

Announcement video hot off the press:

Unread 29-11-2021, 11:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Get this bastard in today.

Unread 29-11-2021, 11:26 AM
dunk

Carrick in charge for Arsenal imo.
Closed Thread